Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit?

Hull sucks

If he’s in your 2 deep it’s a problem

Special teams only and you’d prefer a better athlete for that even

Dion Hamilton was the starter next to SF crazy horrible human head case pothead.

Those 3 looked like clones to me on tape, measurables, demeanor but Hamilton is injury prone. He'll probably be available later.

If Hamilton checks health wise and isn't crazy, he'd be good value in the 4th.
Yeah phasing Hull out must be a priority. I wouldn't even tender him.

Hull probably stays until a better ST option surfaces

Draft a LB to team with McMillan ...draft an edge rusher....draft a FS......there will still be a TE, RB and guard waiting for us afterward ....(but that only works for me if there is NO potential on defense to pick from)...

Build a NASTY DEFENSE....the rest will sort itself out....it's not THAT complicated......we have some good players....we NEED some stability from the top down...

IMO

Dion Hamilton was the starter next to SF crazy horrible human head case pothead.

Those 3 looked like clones to me on tape, measurables, demeanor but Hamilton is injury prone. He'll probably be available later.

If Hamilton checks health wise and isn't crazy, he'd be good value in the 4th.

Yeah phasing Hull out must be a priority. I wouldn't even tender him.
So a pothead is considered a horrible human head case.. nice take.

Agree with Hamilton in the 4th

So a pothead is considered a horrible human head case.. nice take.

Agree with Hamilton in the 4th

Nope. I'm a pothead myself. It is 'bad' for a football player simply cause they get suspended.

He's a headcase and a horrible human being on top.

Lavonte David had better instincts than smith. Smith is a little later on some things but it’s masked at the college level due to top shelf speed.

I don’t mind it as a wolb but you kick Kiko inside and you put that at weak and you are just asking for teams to run the ball downhill at you in the nickel.

Wash out your backers at the 2nd level and gut you north south. As long as the sticks allow it

You can’t legitimately find a good place for Kiko can you? Where do we play him next year? I agree the FO won’t have him ride the pine at those dollars but it’s a problem. Obviously it depends on FA and our pick but what’s your ideal 2018 LB unit look like?

Nope. I'm a pothead myself. It is 'bad' for a football player simply cause they get suspended.

He's a headcase and a horrible human being on top.
I think most of them do it, he is dumb for being caught..again. But still wouldn’t consider him a nutcase, he’s a good dude. Agree to disagree on that

Tahir Whitehead is an interesting name... which spot would he occupy though? will or sam?

I almost believe you have to move Kiko to MIKE next year but god McMillan fits in there so well but I guess he could serve as your SAM as he clearly would be your best option, at least in 2018.

At this point to get a premium WILL prospect who can cover the TEs and do well against these RBs coming out of the backfield . . . . I just can't be too upset about it.

Hell Smith would be on the field 100% of the time . . . . and I don't know if you get a better impact from a player on his rookie contract than Smith.

Now in theory we could be talking about Derwin James as the next elite safety in 4 years so that is the risk you take, but if Smith turns into a Bobby Wagner type . . . even though Wagner was a 2nd rounder . . . I think everybody would take that right now and be more than happy with the pick at 11.
Kiki isn't srtrong enough to play MLB, he's a hand tackler, and doesn't have the strenght physically to do it.

Trey Burton’s a bad contract waiting to happen if you are paying him like a #1 tight end

Phillys offense has a lot of scheme driven production in it minus zach Ertz pretty much
so what's the solution at TE? Jimmy Graham is a bad contract waiting to happen

Kiko’s contract is unfortunate, and the fact he would cost 4m more to cut than to have on our roster gives him a roster spot, but he can’t affect building a good roster. He was the worst LB in coverage in the NFL, and is probably the least affective blitzer in the NFL.

Smith is a beast, and is going to be one of the best athletes in this draft. He checks all the boxes for what this teams to improve a horribly mediocre group. If we are smart we will get the players and figure out the fit later. What I see happening is much like when we passed on a serious need in Earl Thomas to move down the board and get more picks. 11 will be a spot those seeking a qb will covet due to who follows us at 12,13, and 15. I also expect Smith to be as big of a star as Thomas.

I have zero faith in this front office fixing it no matter which route they take. We are somehow actually even worse at free agency than the draft

Kiki isn't srtrong enough to play MLB, he's a hand tackler, and doesn't have the strenght physically to do it.

He did it in 2016 and we saw better results than 2017. I am not saying it is ideal, but if the plan is to keep him in the rotation, and his contract suggests that, then you almost have to figure that would be his best spot.

This was all assuming Roquan as the draft pick as you would slide him into that WILL LB spot . . . although I think he could bulk up an extra 10 pounds without taking too much off the athlete. 6'1 235 can handle MLB duties in todays NFL . . . . less ground and pound, more short passes.

Back
Top Bottom