Hyde5: Is Jennings better fit than Wallace for Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Is Jennings better fit than Wallace for Dolphins?

I've echoed those same points on here many times. In addition Jennings already knows the offense.

Couldn't agree more, Jennings is the best WR on the market It depends what they are looking for though. You can get Wallace and pair him with Hartline and someone like Quinton Patton or Robert Woods plus a tight end. Wallace will catch TDS and make occasional big plays.

Or you can get Jennings who is a better all around player and a big red zone threat. He is an elite runner and can use this to get open deep. You can pair Jennings with Hartline then get a speedster in the draft. Jennings may not make as many "wow" plays as Wallace but will an efficient player, a red zone threat and a leader. My preference remains Greg Jennings. If they go for Wallace I will understand why, either way you really cant go wrong .... as long as Wallace isnt massively over paid.

5. For a building team like the Dolphins, Jennings is a good fit. He'll teach others how to run routes and be a pro. This isn't to say Wallace won't. It's just that Jennings, as mentioned, can play all positions in a manner Wallace hasn't and has a track record for how well he handles himself on a winning team.

This is a key point IMHO. He doesn't just produce, he will teach the other WRs on the team how to play the position in this offense. A mentor makes everyone better. It's like when Cris Carter was shipped out of Philly to Minn. He had Anthony Carter to teach him how to play WR, not just be a great pass catcher. That carried to Jake Reed, and carried to Randy Moss (for the most part). You create an environment of success.

Couldn't agree more, Jennings is the best WR on the market It depends what they are looking for though. You can get Wallace and pair him with Hartline and someone like Quinton Patton or Robert Woods plus a tight end. Wallace will catch TDS and make occasional big plays.

Or you can get Jennings who is a better all around player and a big red zone threat. He is an elite runner and can use this to get open deep. You can pair Jennings with Hartline then get a speedster in the draft. Jennings may not make as many "wow" plays as Wallace but will an efficient player, a red zone threat and a leader. My preference remains Greg Jennings. If they go for Wallace I will understand why, either way you really cant go wrong .... as long as Wallace isnt massively over paid.
If we sign Hartline and Jennings, then add a guy like Austin or Patterson we'll be set.

i think jennings would have been a better fit if we dont resign hartlnie, but i really believe having a speed WR next to him will help the team more

Jennings is better because he knows the offense and he comes at abut a 2 or 3 million clip less than Wallace, simply because we wanted to break the bank and bring back mediocre a** Hartline

Wallace WOULD have been better over all, and go get Hartlines replacement in the draft, mind you even an undreafted could have done better than Hartline will do this year

Sounds like Hartline is staying. That said, I want Wallace more now. Wanted Jennings and Amendola, but with Hartline back, we need more of a deep threat guy. Keep Bess and Matthews. Draft WR 2 deep (Patterson and Swope?).

Jennings is the guy we're going to sign. Pretty confident in that.

cant see 12 mil a year for a player that has sit amost 3/4 of the year , if Jennings would take 8 mil a year i would think about it ,but nomore than 8 mil.

Jennings is better because he knows the offense and he comes at abut a 2 or 3 million clip less than Wallace, simply because we wanted to break the bank and bring back mediocre a** Hartline

Wallace WOULD have been better over all, and go get Hartlines replacement in the draft, mind you even an undreafted could have done better than Hartline will do this year

Wait... What!?! What exactly are you trying to say here. Are you predicting that Hartline will suck this year? That we should let him walk and sign his replacement off the street? Please clarify as your statement makes you sound bat-**** crazy (IMO of course).

I know he's not exactly a TD machine but I think the consensus here is that he'd make a damn fine complimentary receiver opposite a true #1

I know he's not exactly a TD machine but I think the consensus here is that he'd make a damn fine complimentary receiver opposite a true #1[/QUOTE said:
Ya I for one, can't wait to see Hartline opposite a true number one

Back
Top Bottom