Hyde5: Is Jennings better fit than Wallace for Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Danny68, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I've echoed those same points on here many times. In addition Jennings already knows the offense.

3. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

If we get Jennings or Wallace, we need to draft someone early as well.

4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Couldn't agree more, Jennings is the best WR on the market It depends what they are looking for though. You can get Wallace and pair him with Hartline and someone like Quinton Patton or Robert Woods plus a tight end. Wallace will catch TDS and make occasional big plays.

Or you can get Jennings who is a better all around player and a big red zone threat. He is an elite runner and can use this to get open deep. You can pair Jennings with Hartline then get a speedster in the draft. Jennings may not make as many "wow" plays as Wallace but will an efficient player, a red zone threat and a leader. My preference remains Greg Jennings. If they go for Wallace I will understand why, either way you really cant go wrong .... as long as Wallace isnt massively over paid.

5. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

5. For a building team like the Dolphins, Jennings is a good fit. He'll teach others how to run routes and be a pro. This isn't to say Wallace won't. It's just that Jennings, as mentioned, can play all positions in a manner Wallace hasn't and has a track record for how well he handles himself on a winning team.

This is a key point IMHO. He doesn't just produce, he will teach the other WRs on the team how to play the position in this offense. A mentor makes everyone better. It's like when Cris Carter was shipped out of Philly to Minn. He had Anthony Carter to teach him how to play WR, not just be a great pass catcher. That carried to Jake Reed, and carried to Randy Moss (for the most part). You create an environment of success.

6. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

If we sign Hartline and Jennings, then add a guy like Austin or Patterson we'll be set.

7. uk_dolfan

Greg Jennings ‏@GregJennings
    #MondayMorningConfession: If you ask me for a S/O or RT & I go to your page & see swears, slurs or obscenities, it won't happen!#KeepItPG13

Greg Jennings is definitely Black isnt he? Because I could swear he is Joe Philbins son or something along those lines...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  8. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Jennings is the guy we're going to sign. Pretty confident in that.

9. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

i think jennings would have been a better fit if we dont resign hartlnie, but i really believe having a speed WR next to him will help the team more

10. PhinSoldia

PhinSoldia Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

Jennings is better because he knows the offense and he comes at abut a 2 or 3 million clip less than Wallace, simply because we wanted to break the bank and bring back mediocre a** Hartline

Wallace WOULD have been better over all, and go get Hartlines replacement in the draft, mind you even an undreafted could have done better than Hartline will do this year

11. clownfish

clownfish A True Fan

Sounds like Hartline is staying. That said, I want Wallace more now. Wanted Jennings and Amendola, but with Hartline back, we need more of a deep threat guy. Keep Bess and Matthews. Draft WR 2 deep (Patterson and Swope?).

12. VA_Finfan

VA_Finfan A True Fan

I'm confident that whoever our FO brings in, will be a good move. Anything is an improvement at this point.

13. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

cant see 12 mil a year for a player that has sit amost 3/4 of the year , if Jennings would take 8 mil a year i would think about it ,but nomore than 8 mil.

14. sm0kinfins

sm0kinfins Adults are obsolete children

Wait... What!?! What exactly are you trying to say here. Are you predicting that Hartline will suck this year? That we should let him walk and sign his replacement off the street? Please clarify as your statement makes you sound bat-**** crazy (IMO of course).

I know he's not exactly a TD machine but I think the consensus here is that he'd make a damn fine complimentary receiver opposite a true #1

15. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

16. sm0kinfins

sm0kinfins Adults are obsolete children

:lol2:
    This typo alone is worth a thousand "thanks". :chuckle:

17. uk_dolfan

good point :oops: :lol:

18. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR Scout Team

He is........ and so your point would be what?

19. normaldude

normaldude Starter

I think a decent WR group would be..

1. Greg Jennings.

2. Brian Hartline.

3 (slot): Davone Bess.

4 (flex): Ryan Swope. 6', 205 lbs, 4.3-4.4 speed, good hands, good routes, good in traffic, good chemistry & track record with Ryan Tannehill & Mike Sherman. Rookie year, he has the potential to be able to rotate in to any of the above WR spots when needed. Over time, he has the tools to become equivalent to a young Greg Jennings.

5 (inactive): Rishard Matthews. Usually one WR is inactive. Rishard Matthews is cheap, has looked decent so far, can step in when players get injured. He is a good #5 WR.

20. PhinSoldia

If the team wants to run efficiently in a WO type offense we need 5 on the active 53 UNLESS we go out and get a TE or draft ertz/eifert

21. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

in that case, Id like to see Jennings AND Amendola signed. Amendola, to me, makes a great slot receiver. Imagine those 2, plus Hartline, plus drafting Patterson. Oh my...

22. PhinSoldia

we agree to disagree but he was opposite Brandon Marshall and his production then didn't warrant 6 M, Im not opposed to resigning him but the price is astronomical and asinine

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

and give me a month and a half before i make my predictions for Hartline's production total, as it stands now maybe 350 and a TD

23. Firewall

Firewall Active Member

How about we trade Hartline and sign both Jennings and Wallace? Trade Starks too.

24. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

So if the FO brings back Legadu Nanee...

25. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

I would rather have Jennings. Draft a guy for the future and let Jennings mentor him. Jennings would be good for the team on and off the field. Can't find a never role model and all around good player.

26. DolphinChamps

DolphinChamps Well-Known Member

Jennings is a way better fit. for 1 he knows the offense already so no learning curve, he is a true professional and will not produce any off the field incidents or locker room drama. He has good knowledge of the wide receiver position and runs good routes on broken plays, a # 1 receiver does not need much speed his main purpose will be running good routes and clearing everything out for others underneath and over the top of the defense, which in turn will benefit harline, bess and whoever we draft. i have confidence jennings will draw double coverage on deep routes which will open up posts in the middle of the field. so if we get jennings we definately need to go with a TE in the first rd or FA someone who is gonna be a seam threat.

27. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I think Greg Jennings makes sense on a lot of levels, but here's the thing: this offense badly needs speed. A lot of speed. Like Mike Wallace and then drafting a bunch of fast guys speed.

28. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

Jennings does nothing about opposing teams defending the speed like Wallace will. Wallace or bust.

29. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

I agree, and in addition I have a concern about Jennings missing games. The hamstring injury has been nagging him for a long time, and while the Packers have incredible depth at receiver to compensate for him being out, we don't. Giving Jennings #1 money, and then having to suffer through incomplete seasons with him is NOT something I want to think about.

30. Cowboynemo

Cowboynemo Well-Known Member

everybody says they have an "IN"...[h=1]Should the New Orleans Saints sign native sons WR Mike Wallace, CB Keenan Lewis in free agency?[/h]

31. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

No wonder our offense sucked last year. Players on other teams knows our offense as well if not better than the players on our own team does.