HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
THIS IS PURELY FOR FUN! Please treat it as such.

So with the talk that Andre Johnson isn't too happy in Houston and he doesn't seem to know where he fits in with the new regime, wouldn't it awesome if we could some how get him? The way I figure it he would be a an upgrade over Mike Wallace. So what if there was a way to dump Wallace and sign Johnson. Would it be an upgrade?

Again, please have fun with this. This is meant for off season discussion.

Not that Wallace is great or anything, but I get the feeling that Andre only has a couple years left, and those may not be as a top shelf WR. He's always hurt.

I thought about tossing this idea out thEre. Andre is superior in every way just older which makes the trade more even. Gotta feel bad for him they didn't make any effort to get him a QB

THIS IS PURELY FOR FUN! Please treat it as such.

So with the talk that Andre Johnson isn't too happy in Houston and he doesn't seem to know where he fits in with the new regime, wouldn't it awesome if we could some how get him? The way I figure it he would be a an upgrade over Mike Wallace. So what if there was a way to dump Wallace and sign Johnson. Would it be an upgrade?

Again, please have fun with this. This is meant for off season discussion.

Who's going to pay the $10 million just to trade him?

This would have to come in the form of a trade and Wallace makes more money this year (not a lot more) than Johnson. Miami cannot just cut bait from Wallace until really after the 3rd year. This year Mike's contract makes him nearly impossible to move anyway unless it is a trade. It a little easier to swallow next season but by year 4, Wallace can be cut, traded etc...will little ill to the cap.

I wouldn't trade for Andre Johnson even Wallace in his capacity of last year offers more to Miami at this point than Andre would, age being a huge factor.

The Browns?

They got screwed Gordon was a beast and now after the fact weed is going to be taken off the suspension list it looks like. Its really not that bad weed never hurt anybody.

I think Mike Wallace does a lot more for our offense than Andre would, and is capable of producing a lot more too....

I think Mike Wallace does a lot more for our offense than Andre would, and is capable of producing a lot more too....

Sorry but no. Don't be a Wallace homer cuz he's a dolphin. Andre gets 1400 yards while double teamed. He would open up everything else. Is Wallace double teamed? Sometimes cuz teams get scared of his speed. I would just single cover him and get physical at the line he has no strength

he played 16 games in 2013 and 2012. if hes always hurt, he plays through it and produces.
I see it like this: Johnson's best years are in the rear view mirror, and just don't view him as an upper echelon WR anymore. Not even close actually. He'll be 33 in July, and has never really had a nose for the endzone (averages close to 5.5 per season). Wallace, while not great by any stretch to begin with, offers more for the next few years at least. He's never had injury concerns (missed 1 game in 5 seasons)...and being 5 years younger certainly helps.

At his age, Andre Johnson might be worth a 3rd RD pick to a team like Seattle or San Fran. But for a team that isn't ready to compete for a SB, he's just about worthless - again, because of his age.

Back
Top Bottom