HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson

At his age, Andre Johnson might be worth a 3rd RD pick to a team like Seattle or San Fran. But for a team that isn't ready to compete for a SB, he's just about worthless - again, because of his age.

I'm scared to death that one of the other wildcard teams in our conference will get him like the Chiefs or Ravens, and ****ing Newsome is probably already whispering sweet nothings to get him for a 4th round pick or something.

I'm scared to death that one of the other wildcard teams in our conference will get him like the Chiefs or Ravens, and ****ing Newsome is probably already whispering sweet nothings to get him for a 4th round pick or something.

He's make a lot of sense for New England or Denver. KC might do it, but that team isn't that close. I have similar feelings about Baltimore, but they have a puncher's chance in the AFC. His price tag will have a lot to do with who (if anyone) trades for him. I don't see any of the top teams giving up too much, but if you get to that 4th RD range, that'd make sense.

I see it like this: Johnson's best years are in the rear view mirror, and just don't view him as an upper echelon WR anymore. Not even close actually. He'll be 33 in July, and has never really had a nose for the endzone (averages close to 5.5 per season). Wallace, while not great by any stretch to begin with, offers more for the next few years at least. He's never had injury concerns (missed 1 game in 5 seasons)...and being 5 years younger certainly helps.

i agree age is a concern, and there's no way to know when the decline will start. the past two season sure aren't an indicator of declining skills though.

i agree age is a concern, and there's no way to know when the decline will start. the past two season sure aren't an indicator of declining skills though.

This is true, he put up two really good back to back years (except for TD's, but that is his norm). He also had some really poor QB play last year which didn't help him out. I just feel his best days are behind him and at 33 it not that big a stretch. I hope Wallace's best years are ahead of him but I'm not holding my breath.

Probably wont happen considering we have Finnegan on the team.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This is true, he put up two really good back to back years (except for TD's, but that is his norm). He also had some really poor QB play last year which didn't help him out. I just feel his best days are behind him and at 33 it not that big a stretch. I hope Wallace's best years are ahead of him but I'm not holding my breath.

fair point

At his age, Andre Johnson might be worth a 3rd RD pick to a team like Seattle or San Fran. But for a team that isn't ready to compete for a SB, he's just about worthless - again, because of his age.

No chance it's going to happen, but I certainly wouldn't call him worthless for us. Giving Tannehill a top veteran WR? It would be worth it for Tannehill's development alone versus waiting for Wallace's light to come on (if it ever will). But, doesn't matter, because it's about a 0.000009% chance.

Yeah Johnson is older, but he has still been much more productive than Wallace each the last two years, and you can get out from under his contract after 2015 whereas you are probably waiting until after 2016 to get out from under Wallace's contract. Cut Wallace after 2015 and it's a $4.4 million dollar hit. Johnson would be $2.8 million.

Nah. He's not the same Andre he used to be. And for all scrutiny for lack of td's,
Johnson has never had double digit touchdowns in a season I believe

A player at 32 versus one who is entering his prime? I will take the WR who is entering his prime and has the ability to stretch a defense.

Back
Top Bottom