I agree with this - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee - 1st Round Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by -81- McMichael, Dec 31, 2012.

1. -81- McMichael

-81- McMichael Well-Known Member

2. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Draft C. Patterson + Sign Jennings = Playoffs

3. Sean

Sean Just Win, Baby

There's not much tape out there on Patterson, but I'm not so sure he's a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for sure but not first. He has elite speed, but doesn't have great route running ability. Also played a little RB at time and his real value is in the return game in my opinion. I have Keenan Allen and Tavon Austin ahead of him even though Austin I think is an athlete more than anything. Patterson is a boom or bust pick.

4. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Wow are people still mocking Geno Smith number 1 overall? He doesn't look good to me at all.

5. -81- McMichael

Call me crazy, but what I would really like to see is us sign Jennings as a FA... and take Justin Hunter with the 1st pick... followed be Patterson at the top of the 2nd round.

With Hartline and Bess in the mix we take our greatest weakness overall as a team and we turn it into our greatest strength (at least on offense).

For the rest of the 2nd round and then the two picks of the 3rd we can turn to defense (and maybe a TE if there's a good one available).

6. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Hunter Goodwin?

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

I'd say Patterson has the most upside of any of the receivers, hes really raw though, doesnt know how to run routes. If he stayed another year in college I think he would go top 5 next year. He's definitely first round talent but his rawness might see him drop a bit. However, if he has an amazing combine he might go up.

If it were up to me, I'd take Keenan Allen. We need to sign Jennings and Finley too. I definitely wouldn't be upset with Patterson, hes a beast.

8. -81- McMichael

My bad - Justin Hunter. Just fixed it. Idea here, of course, is to double (or triple) up on a position of need. Drafting two wide receivers from the same program who already have chemistry with each other could pay off nicely.

9. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I've been trying to figure out how that could be possible, but I think after the combine Patterson's stock will sky rocket. He is the epitome of the word 'playmaker' and with those measurables (6'4 205) it's a given he'll be on the top of some teams lists.

10. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

I don't know wht you guys are talking about...as long as jeffireland is the gm, he'll never draft a rb/wr in the 1st rd.

11. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

we will not be drafting a wide receiver with the #12 pick. get over it. think cb, dt, de, lb or ot. you can take that to the bank....

12. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

The pick at 12 has OL\DL written all over it. Did you not see the OL play yesterday?

13. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Just like Jeff "doesn't take QB's in the 1st round" either right :ponder:

14. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

His speed and cutting ability for his size is just flat out ridiculous. Imagine If he fell in the second round (Which wont happen)

If only Damontre Moore fell in our laps the first pick

Patterson fell to 2A.
    Bailey fell to 2B.
    Desmond Trufant 3A.
    Rambo 3B.

Unrealistic but I love to dream!

15. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

What's funny is that same site that has us taking Patterson at #12 overall says this about him:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/prospects/wr.html

16. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

I have no idea what cb, youd be referring to.

If we cant land mingo or moore, people better buckle up because bpa is probably an o lineman

17. Elle Clouds

Elle Clouds A True Fan

Dude is beastly

18. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

love patterson. just a little worried because he is so raw. but man he has great upside

19. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

The knock is that he runs crap routes and hasn't had much time playing as a "receiver", but the guy is a natural playmaker. Can give you that 'home run' play at any moment.

No doubt in my mind whoever takes this guy will have some highlight reels in 2013. I just hope Jeff pulls the trigger. At 12 I seriously wouldn't be mad if we took him. That or trade back and still get him. (Kiper has him going 11 right now)

Also, he has Hunter slipping to the 2nd. Would love to steal him if he falls that low. Both great prospects.

20. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

imo opinion the thing that sets him apart from hunter is that he is a more naturlal hand catcher. Hunter is an awsome prospect to but his dropsies worry me.

21. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Plus the ACL. Does he come back strong? Does he lose a step? Things like that. But a 2nd round worthy pick for sure

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah i took a look at some patterson stuff this morning and that kids murder in the open field...appears my first take was wrong on this one...he's a little leggy but those cuts in space and the way he can stop on a dime and redirect is damn impressive...long speed also...hmmm

23. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I told you he looked good after the NCState game at the beginning of the year. Way better than Justin Hunter, who I don't want at all on this team. Hunter drops too many balls and plays soft IMO.

24. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Patterson does drop some balls too, but not as many as Hunter.

You see Patterson going top 10 after running a good 40 at the combine?

25. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I don't. I don't see a top 10 WR in this draft. He'd have to run mid 4.3's or faster to go top ten. He only has 1 year to go off of and that's a negative IMO. There's more top end talent at other positions that will go before the receivers in the top 10.

Patterson drops balls but he makes a lot more plays than Hunter. He breaks tackles too.

26. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

He's a solid 4.4 guy. I'm thinking the only way he goes that high is if he's the talk of the combine. You know how players somehow get better during that meet and greet process :lol:

Yeah, I agree about him being better than Hunter, a lot better. He's has that 'home run' ability and at that size it's pretty rare for a Wr prospect.

27. NYPhinzFan

NYPhinzFan Scout Team Donator

Thats what I'm the most impressed with. Guys his size are usually long striders and aren't able to make those sudden changes of direction like the shorter shifter guys are able too. But Patterson does this effortlessly. He would be a great asset to us if we are able to get Jennings and keep Hartline.

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

run after the catch is huge for us...we don't have it...patterson in the rac dept is damn impressive...that kids murder in the open field...i think he looks leggy to me cause he's listed at 6 ft 3 and to my eye he plays a shorter guys game on tape...not sure i see a go up and get it highpoint guy...so for a big wr he kinda plays like a 6 footer to me...

if that 6 ft 3 is legit he's got solid hips for his size..you don't make those kind of cuts and on a dime redirects if your hips suck

29. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

They have him listed at 6'4" on some sites, but i'm sure they gave him an inch or so :lol:

I do have to say his routes are not that crisp, but from all the highlights i've seen of the guy he definitely is a natural hands catcher. You're right, I haven't seen him go up and get it that much. That could be for a lot of reasons though like QB ball placement, his height advantage blah blah etc

30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the other question is for a guy that size is he a win red zone target??? i haven't seen much evidence of it...he may be a home run hitter and b/t the 20's guy the latter of which is pretty much all hartline is for us so it would give us more big play ability...

31. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

I'd love Patterson. Too bad there's zero chance the Dolphins pick him in the first.

32. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

:hitit: Damn, that's a beautiful dream.

33. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

Not okay with taking a long shot in the first round when Keenan Allen and Justin hunter are on the board.

34. Digital

Digital Starter

I've been on the Cordarrelle Patterson bandwagon for a while now and would be happy picking him anywhere. He has the deep speed to keep the safety off the LOS, the quickness to get open consistently, natural hands catcher, size and solid physical build to withstand NFL punishment, and RAC ability up there with the best.

But, he isn't Justin Hunter. While Patterson is big, he isn't a great leaper with long arms to become the alley-oop guy along the sideline or the dominant threat inside the red zone. He is a stretch the field guy who scores from outside the red zone by creating separation, using speed, and his ability to see lanes and set up blocks to get into the end zone. Inside the red zone he is strictly a quickness guy with some power to run through a CB for the last couple of yards.

IMHO, we need a red zone threat, but I'd be happiest if we were able to get that from the TE position with someone like Eifert or Ertz. While I'm more of a fan of Eifert, either one would fit our system very very well. Both are good hands catchers who are big strong seam threats and red zone mismatches.

It's worth noting that this season Patterson lined up in the X position more frequently than Hunter. IMHO, that's because in addition to speed, Patterson ran a less complex route tree. I'd guess Patterson wouldn't come into his own his rookie year, but would break out by his 2nd or 3rd season. That will push him down into the 2nd round I think. But, Patterson appears to have the work ethic and dedication to learn, so I'd expect that it is just a matter of time before he's excelling in the NFL. I don't really see him as a boom or bust prospect, but rather a little raw on the route running.

35. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg58VI7Clz0

If you look at their eyes, it looks like Patterson is a good inch taller than Rodgers, and Rodgers is listed at 6'3, and I've never come across anyone question his listings. If I had to guess, I'd say Rodgers is a about 6'2 and Patterson is about 6'3.