I am thankful for 2010. Seriously. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am thankful for 2010. Seriously.

miamiz19d

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everything happen's for a reason

2010 was an amazing year for dolphin fan's.

Bill Parcell's Departure, Dan Henning exposed, and Henne's potential realized.
I for one, can't stand to see the league turn into a passing league and the Parcell's mindset still stuck in the 90's. When he took over, I said "boring offense for win, oh snapples". The organization was handicapped by Bill's belief that a great D and field goal kicking offense was the way to go. The run, run, screen and kick for field position motto was finally beaten to death this year. And I, am thankful for primetime melt downs that led to national exposure of our Offensive, play calls. Dan Henning has to be ashamed of himself. I know I would be if that was me. And finally we got to see Henne's potential. Say what you may, he has had a fair amount of time to prove himself. And what has he done? well, not much. Henne is a robot, in a bad way. He stare's down his receiver's, does not read the field, and then what is most apparent. He lack's the leadership skill's necessary to be a winning QB in this league. Marino would have chewed out these receivers for they're drops. Demand better protection from his line. Fire up the whole offense when he entered it. These are the things I look for in a QB that has it. Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, they got that. Hell even Penne had it, he was just made of glass, and lacked arm strength. And the best reason, why Henne well never be ready. When Henne got benched he cried. He cried. Henne cried. enough said.

Top 5 Defense
2009 was heart breaking for me. Our D, was just a nightmare. if a team needed 5 yards for a first, they ended getting 30 yards. If a team needed 20 yards for a first down, they got a touchdown. we had old interior, we had a gerbil for safety, and we had porter handicapping Cameron Wake's on field development. That's why I did backflip's when Nolan came aboard. Within a year we went from bottom to the top. We have a young D, anchored by some hard hitting vets. Dansby was our best FA pickup, He add's that heart in the middle that has been missing since Thomas retired. WE have Cameron Wake, who has become a monster OLB. He stop's the run, and he rush's the QB like no other. Misi, and Clemons have been solid. We have VD, and SS looking solid. We have youth, and speed.We have Big Paul looking like Suh-lite. We have player's at safety. We have hope because this D is amazing, and a true joy to watch.

I am thankful for Ross
Because he well spend. Because fist pumping field goals won't stand. Losing at home, filled with great fans that support our team, is not good enough. Because he want's a winner, and won't just sit pat like Wayne.

That's what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for Ross
Because he well spend. Because fist pumping field goals won't stand. Losing at home, filled with great fans that support our team, is not good enough. Because he want's a winner, and won't just sit pat like Wayne.
Don't be so sure about that. I think it is very possible he does stand pat with the fact that the team likely won't have a losing record and the lack of a new CBA.

Don't be so sure about that. I think it is very possible he does stand pat with the fact that the team likely won't have a losing record and the lack of a new CBA.

Your right, I am just being optimistic. But he did not answer the question about how he felt about his coach. And Miami has been mentioned for alot of coaching change rumors. Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.

Your right, I am just being optimistic. But he did not answer the question about how he felt about his coach. And Miami has been mentioned for alot of coaching change rumors. Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.
I don't really think at this exact moment there is any smoke at all. The only thing that qualifies is the rumor that Cowher is interested in coaching the Giants, Dolphins or Texans. Other than that, it is just pure fan and some media speculation. No inside sources or even rumors. There is no smoke.

Lose tomorrow and an explosion of smoke may be seen coming from Miami.

I like this post . nevertheless i think that the only serious move the team will make is the search for another QB . sparano is staying and henning will get his QB . henning may be fired but i think ross will tell ireland to get what he needs . i see orton and drafting stanzi as something possible , but i`m really curious about a push to get luck .

Back
Top Bottom