I don't get it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't get it

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Before the preseason started everyone had high hopes for the new coach. What has changed ?

He cut a player that was a misfit . (Chad)
He traded a backup for a high draft pick next year. (Vontae)

Give coach Philbin the benefit of doubt that he knows what kind of players he wants on his team.
Dansby's upset ? Who cares. Let things play out before jumping ship.

Rome was not built in a day and Philbin putting his foot down now on nonconformist is a sign of strength not weakness.
They will probably be lots of unexpected cuts and trades in the next few days. Let it play out. Just my opinion.

Most fans are impatient with the process even though they know a new HC with a new philosophy will take time. I am willing to give Philbin the time to see what he can do even if it means a bumpy road.

I like what I have seen from Joe Philbin. Joe Philbin wants to ship out the schmucks and build a team that conducts its business like a group of professionals. I totally dig that.

The problem is that I don't like what I have seen from Jeff Ireland. I have no confidence whatsoever that this guy can manage free agency and draft good players. In fact, I have to admit that I do have confidence that he can't do these things.

It is what it is.

See my other post in a different thread. The Dolphins have a bunch of cry baby fans.

Most fans are impatient with the process even though they know a new HC with a new philosophy will take time. I am willing to give Philbin the time to see what he can do even if it means a bumpy road.

I wouldn't say impatient....frustrated is the word I would use. After years of trying to patch holes Miami started the rebuilding process 5 years ago when Ireland/Parcels were brought in. Five years later the franchise is basically the exact same position it was and we have the same GM.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

People arent drastically changing their opinion on Philbin or the team. I havent seen anyone who thought this was playoff contender suddenly think this is a 5 win team just because we lost Vontae Davis. Most of the people who think this is a bad team, thought this was a bad team before any of these moves happened. I also dont see much negativity suddenly being flipped to Philbin.

The fact is that many people still see Ireland as the problem. They thought this way two years ago, they thought this way last year and they see him as the major problem still today. There isnt this big change of perception on the way the team is run. It seems most are happy with Philbin but want Ireland gone. I think if Ireland was fired tomorrow and we kept Philbin, these same people would be extremely happy. My take on it anyway

I think the realization that we don't have any wr outside of bess that can catch and get open on a consistent basis. Puts a damper on our offense

I wouldn't say impatient....frustrated is the word I would use. After years of trying to patch holes Miami started the rebuilding process 5 years ago when Ireland/Parcels were brought in. Five years later the franchise is basically the exact same position it was and we have the same GM.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The difference to me is the new coach and his system, regardless of Ireland because he is still here, Sparano and Parcells had their philosophy and so hopefully Ireland is onboard with the players Philbin wants to bring in.

See my other post in a different thread. The Dolphins have a bunch of cry baby fans.

Impatient is the word I'd use and I can understand it. We have been jerked around long enough but the events of the last two weeks are not the end of the world and i don't think we were headed to the superbowl if we kept Chad and Vontae.
The strange part is the same people who wanted to lose every game last year to move up in the draft now are pissed about getting a 2nd and 6th for a CB that probably was not going to start. i liked Vontae's potential but his attitude sucked big time.

That's much nicer put than I would say it. :up:

We have a new Head Coach,

a COMPLETELY New Offense,

a COMPLETELY New defense,

A new Defensive Coordinater,

and a new Offensive coordinater,

The problem isn't so much the clueless fans, it's the local m0r0ns in the press who basically live to incite the clueless fans.

After 3 years of not playing winning ball, there will be PLENTY of changes. I'm sure they are not completely done with the changes yet. There will be much more sobbing and moaning from the madden players.

makes me wonder what you all know. Season hasnt even started yet. Just want to complain to complain. wouldn matter what we do

He started Tannehill, that gets him my whole support for the Season! We all know we cant win the Superbowl this year, its about progress. Giving Tannehill a season to play and learn while building up draft picks to hopefully improve the team next season makes perfect sense to me! I like Coach.

Impatient is the word I'd use and I can understand it. We have been jerked around long enough but the events of the last two weeks are not the end of the world and i don't think we were headed to the superbowl if we kept Chad and Vontae.
The strange part is the same people who wanted to lose every game last year to move up in the draft now are pissed about getting a 2nd and 6th for a CB that probably was not going to start. i liked Vontae's potential but his attitude sucked big time.

Thats because we have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Ireland can use any of those picks to nab a quality player. I'd be all for accumulating a ton of picks as long as we had a competant gm making those picks. Im all for taking our lumps next season if it means a brighter future but its hard to see that brighter future as long as Ireland is our gm.

Its also funny how many of the anti luck people last year are now saying that we need to have patience and sacrifice next year for the betterment of our future. How we are rebuilding and its gonna be a process and we need to look to the future instead of today. Well i think our future would be a hell of a lot brighter if we had Luck, Fleener, Allen and TY Hilton right now. Funny how that long term perspective wasnt there last year as we were winning meaningless games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has changed their opinions on Philbin? The team is where I thought they'd be. It's not my fault people expected 9+ wins with this team.

Back
Top Bottom