I got warning points for this? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got warning points for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section126 said:
I got 4 warning points for this.

How does this warrant warning points?
Attacking the posters age still counts as a personal attack. I can tell you that if had just been that post, I probably wouldn't have given out warning points, but there were several other posts that were very antagonistic in nature, and many were borderline personal insults, at the very least, they would've counted as annoyance.

I gave an across the Pofo warning the other day, threads like that will no longer be tolerated.

Wildbill3 said:
Attacking the posters age still counts as a personal attack. I can tell you that if had just been that post, I probably wouldn't have given out warning points, but there were several other posts that were very antagonistic in nature, and many were borderline personal insults, at the very least, they would've counted as annoyance.
I gave an across the Pofo warning the other day, threads like that will no longer be tolerated.

You are now policing what the "tone" of a post is?

The thread is there. I did nothing to warrant a single point. I hope that at least 4 other members have the same or more points than me. What I did in that thread happens all the time in the PoFo.

If the mods are now trying to discern the "tone" of a post and thus do their mod work based on that....then we got a serious problem in the PoFo.

BTW...at least two other posters in that thread "attacked" his age.

I hope they didn't get warning points.

Section126 said:
BTW...at least two other posters in that thread "attacked" his age.

I hope they didn't get warning points.
Other punishments that were handing out are between them and the staff.

And as to the tone, yes, it is being policed also. The political forum should be the forum with the MOST intelligent Debate, not the most cleverly disguised personal attacks.

Everyone has heard their grandmother say: "don't get the tone with me!" Tone is very important, and the right tone enables posters to keep conversation civil towards each other and brings out new ideas.

Wildbill3 said:
Other punishments that were handing out are between them and the staff.

And as to the tone, yes, it is being policed also. The political forum should be the forum with the MOST intelligent Debate, not the most cleverly disguised personal attacks.
Everyone has heard their grandmother say: "don't get the tone with me!" Tone is very important, and the right tone enables posters to keep conversation civil towards each other and brings out new ideas.

If this is true. I guess there won't be a political Forum left after you are done with it.

Hey...good luck with it. I somehow don't believe that you are handing out all of these warnings.

Are you making me an example?

Section126 said:
If this is true. I guess there won't be a political Forum left after you are done with it.

Hey...good luck with it. I somehow don't believe that you are handing out all of these warnings.

Are you making me an example?
I don't care what you believe, you can either be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution. No one is asking you to follow any rules that weren't already in place.

Wildbill3 said:
I don't care what you believe, you can either be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution. No one is asking you to follow any rules that weren't already in place.

I don't want you to care about what I believe.

I just don't like being singled out over nothing, which this is.

I am very impressed that Press Coverage made such a pest of himself that the moderation in the PoFo will reach this extreme. I congratulate him.

I am just saying that if this is the new attitude. I hope that it is real. it will be interesting to see.

You know those points I recieved weren't warranted...especially since nobody else probably got none.

I am done with this and might be done with the PoFo to boot.

Section126 said:
I don't want you to care about what I believe.

I just don't like being singled out over nothing, which this is.

I am very impressed that Press Coverage made such a pest of himself that the moderation in the PoFo will reach this extreme. I congratulate him.

I am just saying that if this is the new attitude. I hope that it is real. it will be interesting to see.

You know those points I recieved weren't warranted...especially since nobody else probably got none.

I am done with this and might be done with the PoFo to boot.

You're actually making an example of yourself by publicly demanding explanation about an incident, rather than deal with it via PM. If PressCoverage or any other past violator of the policies in the PoFo came into the complaints/comments/suggestions section and demanded answers, then we would explain publicly, as it was demanded publicly.

Many people have been dealt with involving the Pofo, they just don't bring it to a public eye.

TerryTate said:
You're actually making an example of yourself by publicly demanding explanation about an incident, rather than deal with it via PM. If PressCoverage or any other past violator of the policies in the PoFo came into the complaints/comments/suggestions section and demanded answers, then we would explain publicly, as it was demanded publicly.
Many people have been dealt with involving the Pofo, they just don't bring it to a public eye.

Uhh...Press Coverage did do exactly that.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123391

Deal with it via PM? Everybody knows that none of the mods answer PM's.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten warning points for nothing. Maybe that's it...could it be?

Anyways...who cares.

Section126 said:
Uhh...Press Coverage did do exactly that.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123391

Deal with it via PM? Everybody knows that none of the mods answer PM's.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten warning points for nothing. Maybe that's it...could it be?

Anyways...who cares.

And we did exactly what I said we would do....I just overlooked PC's inquiry into a Pofo incident (been very busy lately).

The link you supplied just proves that we don't make examples out of anyone, they do so themselves.

I answer my PMs as much as possible.

TerryTate said:
And we did exactly what I said we would do....I just overlooked PC's inquiry into a Pofo incident (been very busy lately).

The link you supplied just proves that we don't make examples out of anyone, they do so themselves.

I answer my PMs as much as possible.

Well I appreciate your view TT, but you weren't the guy that got warning points for nothing.

In Short....it is my opinion that the forum that should have the least moderation should be the PoFo and it is apparantly going to recieve the strictest moderation of all. "Tone" will now be policed.

Go Heat...I guess....:sidelol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom