I got warning points for this? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got warning points for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread isn't about anyone else but you section. You're starting to sound like the felon that wants to take someone else down with them when they get caught. I am not going to discuss anyone one else's case in this thread, If you want to take issue with the fact you were given warning points Pm Admin.

Wildbill3 said:
This thread isn't about anyone else but you section. You're starting to sound like the felon that wants to take someone else down with them when they get caught. I am not going to discuss anyone one else's case in this thread, If you want to take issue with the fact you were given warning points Pm Admin.

Caught for what? That's the whole point. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

Shouldn't you be monitoring the "tone" of the posts or something?

I'm not wasting my time with a Pm to an Admin...Press Coverage has complained so much to everybody that would listen that any subsequent complaints will probably be ignored.

Like I said....WHO CARES. Besides me of course.

chris84chambers said:
how long do the points last??
30 days, unless someone is a repeat offender, in which case the points and time could double.

chris84chambers said:
so for 30 days of 4 warning points that no1 can see, was it really worth this argument?
To each his own. That's why we have the question forum, so that these issues can be worked out in a civil manner. (hopefully.):cooldude:

BTW...the Warning System rules state that the way you "protest" warning points is by posting a complaint in the Questions an Suggestions forum and a PM to the Staff member that issued the points.

So Bill....it seems that PMing an Admin would be a NONO....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123402

I read the rules of these points and I might as well ban myself for 30 days...

What genius thought this crap up?

Section126 said:
BTW...the Warning System rules state that the way you "protest" warning points is by posting a complaint in the Questions an Suggestions forum and a PM to the Staff member that issued the points.

So Bill....it seems that PMing an Admin would be a NONO....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=123402

I read the rules of these points and I might as well ban myself for 30 days...

What genius thought this crap up?
As to pming admin, since I suggested you do that, it wouldn't count against you.

As to the rest of these issues, again, you may need to contact admin.

I feel ya Section....

I've been given three warning points over the last two weeks....

1 Point - Knowingly posting in the wrong forum. I wanted one of my posts to be read by the majority of the board members here, so I posted it on the main page. That's considered breaking the rules....

2 Points - Editing another members post. Some said to me, "You're the worst poster ever." All I did was change his quote to "You're the best poster ever". Changing the word from "worst" to "best" warranted warning poitnts....

I think more and more members will come around, and begin to see this method of policing the board as a very poor idea. Nobody deserves warning points for these ticky tacky offenses, and it's a shame what's become of Finheaven lately IMO. This use to be a place where you could voice your opinions without getting banned in the process....

On top of that, and what makes this situation even worse, is that the majority of the modz / admin here act like they could care less what the we think....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Section 126 is lucky not to have more warning points. His tone is usually a lil borderline.

Brown or Ricky said:
Section 126 is lucky not to have more warning points. His tone is usually a lil borderline.

:sidelol:

Says the guy that is lucky to not have been banned already.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I feel ya Section....

I've been given three warning points over the last two weeks....

1 Point - Knowingly posting in the wrong forum. I wanted one of my posts to be read by the majority of the board members here, so I posted it on the main page. That's considered breaking the rules....
Okay....since you want to make your specific situation public.....

A post titled "Why all the moved threads!!??" clearly doesn't belong in the Dolphins forum nor does it belong in The General NFL forum....the TWO places you started the same thread....being a member for almost 4 years, you should know that by now.

You got one violation for that and you've moaned about for over a week now, when in fact, you should be thankful that you didn't get two.
2 Points - Editing another members post. Some said to me, "You're the worst poster ever." All I did was change his quote to "You're the best poster ever". Changing the word from "worst" to "best" warranted warning poitnts....
You weren't completely truthful here....

This is the entire post....link

You changed the quote in order to get in your witty personal attack retaliation....hmmm, come to think of it, that probably should have been 4 points, instead of just 1 for changing the quote....

I think more and more members will come around, and begin to see this method of policing the board as a very poor idea. Nobody deserves warning points for these ticky tacky offenses, and it's a shame what's become of Finheaven lately IMO. This use to be a place where you could voice your opinions without getting banned in the process....

On top of that, and what makes this situation even worse, is that the majority of the modz / admin here act like they could care less what the we think....

PHINZ RULE!!!

When you can prove that you're being harassed and you're not breaking any rules, then I'm sure this problem that you're having would be solved by the FinHeaven Higher Powers but, until that day....the problems you're having, are of your own doing and the only person responsible for making sure you don't get banned is you.

This is the off-season!!!!....

This time of year should be considered "peacetime"....

Nobody is here to get into trouble or cause problems on purpose, we're just posting various opinions on subjects at hand. Whether it's FA / Drafting / or just retreaded Phinz news, it's all suppose to be in good fun....

I'll admit that those first warning points I recieved from inFINS were justified. I did knowingly post twice in the wrong thread. Case closed.

My latest offense however is a joke in my opinion, and should be taken to the Finheaven Supreme Court. One member insults me, and I play it off by changing a negative into a positive. In doing so I changed his quote. BIG DEAL. I could have lashed out at him, and caused a confrontation, I didn't choose to do that, and yet I still get punished. I just don't get it....

There's nothing I can do about it, but it still bothers me that something as ticky tack as that warrants "warning points" being given. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until someone changes the flaws in this system...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

I'll admit that those first warning points I recieved from inFINS were justified. I did knowingly post twice in the wrong thread. Case closed.
Thank you.
BLITZKRIEG said:
My latest offense however is a joke in my opinion, and should be taken to the Finheaven Supreme Court. One member insults me, and I play it off by changing a negative into a positive. In doing so I changed his quote. BIG DEAL. I could have lashed out at him, and caused a confrontation, I didn't choose to do that, and yet I still get punished. I just don't get it....

PHINZ RULE!!!
[admin] Next time, report the post instead of violating the TOS yourself....altering someone's quote is a point worthy offense.[/admin]

TAK said:
You are the best poster ever.
BLITZKRIEG said:
Thanks. I can't say the same about you however....:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!

How do you rationalize that what you did here was turn a negative into a positive?

You edited his quote so that you could attack him in retaliation.

Now, maybe I'm wrong to give you 1 point for changing his quote, perhaps I should change it to 4 points for the personal attack?

inFINSible said:
How do you rationalize that what you did here was turn a negative into a positive?

You edited his quote so that you could attack him in retaliation.

It was a joke man, I'm not sure why I did it, but my intentions weren't for retaliation purposes, but moreso to teach him a lesson when it comes to attacking posters. It was a simple way of helping myself deal with being insulted. That's how I approached it when I was responding to him....

Maybe I was wrong in making the comments "I can't say the same about you", but that's just my nature. I don't enjoy being insulted, and in my opinion, his response should have never been added to the topic that was at hand to begin with. You know, as in moderated, and deleted from existance before being read....

Now, maybe I'm wrong to give you 1 point for changing his quote, perhaps I should change it to 4 points for the personal attack?

Whatever makes you feel superior is fine by me. Points, no points, it's all just silly childishness in my opinion. There's no real need to punish anyone for these minimal infractions. But hey, it's not my call, so I guess I'll just remain the victim as a result....

I think you and I have cleared the air concerning our personal opinions, so if you don't mind, I'd like to move onto something more important than "warning points"....My toilet needs a serious cleaning....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom