I guess I'm coming off the bench... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I guess I'm coming off the bench...

dolphone

In memoriam
Super Donator
Reaction score
Hey all. I used to lurk a lot until a few days ago, when my grandfather (the poster known as sbh1602) sadly passed away. He's the main reason I became a Dolphins fan, and I saw fitting to "replace" him on one of his favorite 'timewasters', as he would say.

He lived a good life, and I have faith he's moved on to better things.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

RIP Gramps

2zgsneb-1.jpg

i'm very saddened by the news, I wish you and your family peace and comfort.

Gosh, it was only after Bill's heartfelt comments prompted me to do a search and recognized his avi, that I realized just who your grandfather was. He was a terrific, knowledgeable, objective, witty and reasoned long-term poster who's definitely gonna be missed. (Always thought the age "80" was tongue in cheek since he wrote like a young man, but guess not).

Again, RIP and Happy Trails FH amigo.

246o19k-1.jpg

If you wish to use the above as a sig for awhile to honor your grandfather, feel free to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this, Vaark and Bill. My grandfather would've cared deeply for this gesture.

He was a great man, taught my father, my uncles, and then had time to teach his grandsons and granddaughters too. We miss him dearly, but he always spoke about celebrating one's life through actions instead of tears. And so we've tried. As I've said, he's the main reason I became a Dolphins fan, and that's why this team means so much to me.

He always joked about how people wouldn't believe his age so it's not surprising you didn't either ;) He was very old physically, but he was always a kid at heart.

I could go on and on, but I just wanted to take some time to appreciate the gesture for him. Thanks again for the good wishes (to both you and Bill).

BTW, I will use the signature for a while. Thank you for that too.

Thank you for this, Vaark and Bill. My grandfather would've cared deeply for this gesture.

He was a great man, taught my father, my uncles, and then had time to teach his grandsons and granddaughters too. We miss him dearly, but he always spoke about celebrating one's life through actions instead of tears. And so we've tried. As I've said, he's the main reason I became a Dolphins fan, and that's why this team means so much to me.

He always joked about how people wouldn't believe his age so it's not surprising you didn't either ;) He was very old physically, but he was always a kid at heart.

I could go on and on, but I just wanted to take some time to appreciate the gesture for him. Thanks again for the good wishes (to both you and Bill).

BTW, I will use the signature for a while. Thank you for that too.
I remember the fella and even helping him out with his vip sub, not that I want to draw attention to it, but you're more than welcome to post in vip and share there if you wish. Again peace to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom