I hate this quote today, from Mando.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate this quote today, from Mando..

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"The Dolphins are not today a contender for any type of championship. Sorry if that offends your fan sensibilities, but that's the truth. The club has had four consecutive non-playoff, losing seasons. The team has multiple needs. The quarterback has not yet proven he's elite. The team plays in the same division as the New England Patriots. And the last time the teams met, the Patriots dismantled the Dolphins in a season they swept the Dolphins and won five more games than Miami".

I know there will be some that agree (damn you!) but I don't and even if you secretly did, why as a Fins fan would you say it out loud, truth or not.. To me, he's a jerk!

He's always been more style than substance but he's right, good thing there is no game today

just excise "this quote today from" and you've accurately depicted the overwhelming FH consensus.

Oh, and in one season, our QB has gone farther in proving his worth than has Mando in the years he's been a hack covering the Fins.

Its the truth we are not a conternder and we have a long way to go to even be a playoff team

I mean yea, our holes are at the key positions in today's game (WR, CB, T, DE). I think our 7 wins from last year are deceiving because the schedule was a joke along with the rest of the AFC. But this draft has me excited; I think we can make a playoff push, hopefully have week 16 and 17 actually matter, but probably not serious contenders quite yet.

Given the roster as it currently stands at this very moment, agreed.

However, when's the last time we had this many resources to be able to improve by a wide margin in a matter of one offseason? We have the money to sign Wallace and Winston. That's two of the biggest five needs plugged right there. Then, five picks in the first three rounds. This draft is deep at pass rusher, cornerback and tight end. There are the other three.

There won't be nearly as many holes on the roster heading into opening day as there were last year. Add in continuity on the coaching staff with no turnover, and it all comes down to how much Ryan Tannehill can develop in year two.

I don't care one iota who we're in a division with. This has nothing to do with the Patriots. The Dolphins need to work on improving the Dolphins, and for the first time in a long time it seems like we can make a serious jump in one offseason from a 6-10/7-9 type team.

I don't agree with this quote. If Miami could land Wallace and then draft the best CB available, then I think we could certainly push for a playoff spot. Our D-line makes us tough and if we just had some more defensive back help we really could hurt opposing offenses.
If a Miami Dolphin FO person said something like what 'Mando said then I'd hope our fanbase would boycott the team. We've got some expiring windows on some players so 'wait 'till next year' just doesn't cut it anymore.

Here I fixed it for you:

"Armando is not today a reporter for any type of real news. Sorry if that offends your reader sensibilities, but that's the truth. Armando has had numerous consecutive non-news worthy pieces. Armando has multiple needs. The content has not yet proven it's elite. Armando reports in the same division as Ben Volin. And the last time they met, Ben dismantled Armando in a debate that swept Armando and ended wtih Ben having fifteen more relevant articles than Armandoi".

"The Dolphins are not today a contender for any type of championship. Sorry if that offends your fan sensibilities, but that's the truth. The club has had four consecutive non-playoff, losing seasons. The team has multiple needs. The quarterback has not yet proven he's elite. The team plays in the same division as the New England Patriots. And the last time the teams met, the Patriots dismantled the Dolphins in a season they swept the Dolphins and won five more games than Miami".

I know there will be some that agree (damn you!) but I don't and even if you secretly did, why as a Fins fan would you say it out loud, truth or not.. To me, he's a jerk!

You cant argue with that quote at this time of year. We are not a contender until we prove it and we have holes and are coming off a 4th losing season. Maybe we nail free agency and draft and gel as a team but as of right now that is a true statement

That being said that as of now , no we are not a contender but none of those teams may come calling and why not add a leader like Woodson if he came cheap

I hate pretty much all quotes from Mando. Good or bad, he's just a pain in the ass to read.

Back
Top Bottom