I hate this quote today, from Mando..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Danny68, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

"The Dolphins are not today a contender for any type of championship. Sorry if that offends your fan sensibilities, but that's the truth. The club has had four consecutive non-playoff, losing seasons. The team has multiple needs. The quarterback has not yet proven he's elite. The team plays in the same division as the New England Patriots. And the last time the teams met, the Patriots dismantled the Dolphins in a season they swept the Dolphins and won five more games than Miami".

I know there will be some that agree (damn you!) but I don't and even if you secretly did, why as a Fins fan would you say it out loud, truth or not.. To me, he's a jerk!

2. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Not sure why anyone is shocked by that.

3. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

:idk:

4. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Try hating the people in charge -- who made the quote true -- instead.

Spesh likes this.
  5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Things can change fast in the NFL. Especially now that Miami has the quarterback position finally settled.

6. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

He's always been more style than substance but he's right, good thing there is no game today

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

just excise "this quote today from" and you've accurately depicted the overwhelming FH consensus.

Oh, and in one season, our QB has gone farther in proving his worth than has Mando in the years he's been a hack covering the Fins.

8. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Its the truth we are not a conternder and we have a long way to go to even be a playoff team

9. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

I mean yea, our holes are at the key positions in today's game (WR, CB, T, DE). I think our 7 wins from last year are deceiving because the schedule was a joke along with the rest of the AFC. But this draft has me excited; I think we can make a playoff push, hopefully have week 16 and 17 actually matter, but probably not serious contenders quite yet.

10. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

Given the roster as it currently stands at this very moment, agreed.

However, when's the last time we had this many resources to be able to improve by a wide margin in a matter of one offseason? We have the money to sign Wallace and Winston. That's two of the biggest five needs plugged right there. Then, five picks in the first three rounds. This draft is deep at pass rusher, cornerback and tight end. There are the other three.

There won't be nearly as many holes on the roster heading into opening day as there were last year. Add in continuity on the coaching staff with no turnover, and it all comes down to how much Ryan Tannehill can develop in year two.

I don't care one iota who we're in a division with. This has nothing to do with the Patriots. The Dolphins need to work on improving the Dolphins, and for the first time in a long time it seems like we can make a serious jump in one offseason from a 6-10/7-9 type team.

11. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

I don't agree with this quote. If Miami could land Wallace and then draft the best CB available, then I think we could certainly push for a playoff spot. Our D-line makes us tough and if we just had some more defensive back help we really could hurt opposing offenses.
    If a Miami Dolphin FO person said something like what 'Mando said then I'd hope our fanbase would boycott the team. We've got some expiring windows on some players so 'wait 'till next year' just doesn't cut it anymore.

12. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Here I fixed it for you:

"Armando is not today a reporter for any type of real news. Sorry if that offends your reader sensibilities, but that's the truth. Armando has had numerous consecutive non-news worthy pieces. Armando has multiple needs. The content has not yet proven it's elite. Armando reports in the same division as Ben Volin. And the last time they met, Ben dismantled Armando in a debate that swept Armando and ended wtih Ben having fifteen more relevant articles than Armandoi".

13. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

You cant argue with that quote at this time of year. We are not a contender until we prove it and we have holes and are coming off a 4th losing season. Maybe we nail free agency and draft and gel as a team but as of right now that is a true statement

14. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

That being said that as of now , no we are not a contender but none of those teams may come calling and why not add a leader like Woodson if he came cheap

15. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

I hate pretty much all quotes from Mando. Good or bad, he's just a pain in the *** to read.

16. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I can just sit and stare at your sig pic all day :hump:

17. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

I believe we can absolutely contend in 2013 for the playoffs.

18. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR Scout Team

I'm a die hard fan.......but the truth does sting right. Superbowl contender.........can't quite see that; however, with a couple of upgrades and a nice draft (come on Jeff) we could certainly contend for a playoff spot. We get in and WHY NOT US :ponder:.

19. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

He's right. All we can really do is hope that the team has a good free agency period (for once) and hits on some immediate contributors through the draft.

I don't see why we should be upset about this. The Dolphins are a team that has had four straight losing seasons. Be upset with the people who put together the team, not with the person who points out the unfortunate truth.

20. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

With Ireland at the helm we'll always be far away from a championship. I don't think we might even win a superbowl in the next 10 years but at least the Heat are going to become a dynasty. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the country for the Dolphins to win the superbowl and for the Heat to dominate the league every year or every other year so I'm complacent with the scrubs the Dolphins are destined to be with such a terrible front office.

21. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

If anyone thinks we are a contender they are insane.
    If we get a #1, #2, a DE, CB, CB, and FS we might be a goood team but contender means you are VERY GOOD from top to bottom not "good." Good teams make VERY good teams work for their win, teams like us let NE blow us up 28-0.

22. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

The problem here is we don't know what the team will look like next season. It is assumed that we will look better by leaps and bounds. People are going to kiss the Pats *** no matter what. Let's see what happens once we lock up our FAs and draft picks. The Pats won't have Welker next season, and their defense isn't fantastic. It's too early to say right or wrong, but I will say this: Our team looked pretty good for most of the year. Make the upgrades and you should be singing a different tune.

23. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Our defense isnt fantastic either so whats your point lol

24. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

The NFL is too unpredictable to make blanket statements like this; as we saw a few years back we're just one Tom Brady knee-injury away from being in the hunt. Anyone who thinks they know whether we're going to be 5-11 or 11-5 next year (particularly with our schedule) is yanking our chains...

25. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

it's the truth. Time for Miami to change things. FA, draft, and the rookies from last year developing will be key

26. NRA

NRA Roll Gypsy Roll

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

I am no mondo fan but he was right on all points. Now, this doesn't mean tanny won't turn the corner and become a franchise qb or we won't get some players to make us playoff ready but until those things take place, mondo is dead on.

27. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

Mando is a ****ing idiot. So I tend to think opposite of what he says. Miami almost beat New England at home, beat Seattle at home, and the SF game was really close till the end. We were a few Carpenter kicks from the playoffs. Not saying we are winning the super bowl next year but the AFC, outside of Denver and New England is VERY weak

28. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

This quote is completely accurate and you would have to be nuts to see this team as a "contender" as presently constituted. We have needs at every position on the field except center, DT, and QB. Even still though, like the article said, Tannehill has not proven himself to be "elite" :eek:r even consistently good. I believe that Tanny has all the capability to become a good starting QB, but guess what? So did Chad Henne. I like Tannehill but I wouldn't be SHOCKED if he turns out to be less than stellar.

29. thefranchisedef

thefranchisedef A True Fan

We aren't a long ways away from a playoff team. We need 2 players on the oline, a safety, 2 corners, a pass rusher, a te and a couple of Wrs; Then we can talk contenders. People we weren't rebuilding last year, we just weren't very good. We are retooling this year. Money and resources. If Ireland nails this f.a. And draft then we could be looking at a contender in less than 2 years. That's a big if!

30. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Our current franchise hopes all hinge on the right arm of Ryan Tannehill. If he can make a huge leap from year one to this year, we will be condentors.

If not, we will miss the playoffs again this next season and linger around .500 because our defense and run game are solid.

31. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Mando is a moron... Im not trying to be a homer but we could be in playoff talks next year IF we get some solid free agents with all of our cap space and hit on some picks! We actually played pretty solid with the talent on our team

32. Lord Of Miami

Lord Of Miami A True Fan

That my friend was AWESOME :)

33. kasaba13

kasaba13 Seasoned Veteran

Keep in mind that the Patriots have the exact same holes.

34. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

mean he is right.