I have issues with Ajayi | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have issues with Ajayi

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Now before you argue, hear me out. From a running perspective, even with a crappy line, J Train is the man. However, he's liability at times because defenses don't respect him in the pass game. Miami needs to rotate their backs more and not feel guilty. Offensive predictability is killing this team.

hopefully they respect matt moores gunslinging ways and that opens up the running game a bit...id like to see ajayi usef in the pass game a bit but i wouldnt mind seeing drake get some work in the passing game, hell even damien williams...

hopefully they respect matt moores gunslinging ways and that opens up the running game a bit...id like to see ajayi usef in the pass game a bit but i wouldnt mind seeing drake get some work in the passing game, hell even damien williams...
there is nothing wrong using these guys 10-12 plays a game.

Rather than admonish Ajayi, I think that the Jets are really good at stopping the run. Yes, Ajayi struggles for yardage against the Jets, but he ran really well last week against Atlanta. We weren't going to gash the Jets running the ball and a smart decision was made to do more passing.

Rather than admonish Ajayi, I think that the Jets are really good at stopping the run. Yes, Ajayi struggles for yardage against the Jets, but he ran really well last week against Atlanta. We weren't going to gash the Jets running the ball and a smart decision was made to do more passing.
118, 140, 174...those ere the total yards allowed by the NYJ prior to Phins game

Now before you argue, hear me out. From a running perspective, even with a crappy line, J Train is the man. However, he's liability at times because defenses don't respect him in the pass game. Miami needs to rotate their backs more and not feel guilty. Offensive predictability is killing this team.
They didn't respect our passing game period.

he is a problem in the passing game. Team can tee off on the run because he is ZERO threat in the pass game

Lucky he isnt a wr then. He is a dominant top tier runner when we bother blocking for him, that is enough for me.

In an ideal world I would like him to be a better all round player, but aside from wr RB is probably our strongest position on O right now

Yeah. Ajayi is kind of bad in the passing game, but Damian Williams is really good. They offset each other well. Would like to see Drake get a few more offensive snaps.

They didn't respect our passing game period.

Most teams dont. And shouldnt. I expect the same defensive scheme from the Ravens on Thursday night. They will sell out to stop the run unless we blow the top off their coverage in the passing game early on.

I also think that the field conditions played a part in Jay's struggles running today. It is hard to make the kind of cuts he makes when the damn turf slips out from under his feet.

I have a little more beef in his obliviousness in picking up blitzers on passing downs.

Most teams dont. And shouldnt. I expect the same defensive scheme from the Ravens on Thursday night. They will sell out to stop the run unless we blow the top off their coverage in the passing game early on.

I also think that the field conditions played a part in Jay's struggles running today. It is hard to make the kind of cuts he makes when the damn turf slips out from under his feet.

I have a little more beef in his obliviousness in picking up blitzers on passing downs.
Then Moore has to punish the Ravens early.
It is not science to know that if the opposition stacks the line and dares you to beat them with the QB you punish them. For that you need a QB who can get the ball downfield. Cutler din't and couldn't. Moore punished the Jets on all the one-on-one coverage.
The Jets ran better because we had to account for McCown. The slip and slide was an issue for J Train because he was trying to find holes.

Back
Top Bottom