I hope I'm wrong....but..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope I'm wrong....but.....

Are you saying you've felt good about any draft in the last decade?

Again...I used a 2 guard example as an extreme to show how bad these picks are...I would have taken Rueben Foster & Jordan Willis the way it fell...both players more complete than who we picked.

No...I don't like the last decade of drafts...My statement was..." I haven't felt this bad....."....Bad, but not this bad.

Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller....are all throwing in their mouths over our draft on NFL radio...its almost like they don't want to say too much because they want to slam these kids as hard as they want too.

Lets face it...looking aside from Harris's weakness against the run and his slow measurables....there were far more productive DE's available who can stop the run.

Jordan Willis and Demarcus Walker to name two.

1. Don't voice negative opinions about anything dolphins related, most of the posters here only like peaches and cream despite how bad things obviously are. 2. The thing to really take into account is how they have both times run up to take the pick, they never even tried to trade down, likely didn't take it under any consideration ever, and in a rare middle round very deep draft with lots of holes on your team, that's a really bad sign they don't have a clue. 3. Usually bad and good decisions compound upon each other, you make one bad decision it amplifies exponentially by who gets picked after you and altering other teams picks that wouldn't have been done otherwise but it also creates a bad mindset that tends to lead to multiple bad picks in a draft.

I don't hate the lb pick but it just seems they don't get it, maybe they can get him better at covering, but is this guy even an olb? If not then our other spots are taken for at least 2 more years and then its a really bad pick because he won't be put where he plays best which this team is famous for ruining players chances simply by trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Lol don't even worry dude you're 100% wrong. Thank god you're not in charge cuz this franchise would be in the gutter...you expect that in a draft that's said to be the worst draft in a very long time as far as O-lineman, that we should waste 2 incredibly valuable picks on a position that this regime believes is the least valuable position on either side of the ball!?!?!? Look, I personally wanted Foster in round 1 but dude, its not like they don't know he was there! They passed for a reason and these guys know what theyre doing. They picked a really good DE instead which is arguably the 2nd most valuable position on either side of the ball. Then picked an incredibly productive LB from a powerhouse school that is known for being pro-ready and obviously a position of need. Trust that the guys who finally turned this thing around, are continuing to do just that. Relax bro, were doing fine

You don't read do you?...I said that extreme case to picking 2 flawed defenders...not what I would have done.

But I'll tell you what...I'm going to remember your post 3 years from now....and we'll see how Rueben Foster And Jordan Willis stack up against Charles Harris & Raekwon McMillian.

I hope I'm wrong and will be man enough to admit it....will you?

I haven't felt this bad about a draft since 2013.

Players with major weaknesses in their games with strong talent available at both picks.

Something is wrong with our evaluation process....Grier's job should ride on this class impacting 2017 big time and be fired if they don't.

I would have rather fixed our O-line for good with two guards than take two defenders this flawed.

I hope I'm wrong...this draft sets us way back if I'm right.

:bobdole:

I don't think who posted this watches football. Nonsense

Absolutely, been a member on this site for over a decade and I have no problem owning up to being wrong. And as I said I too wanted Foster but the difference is I don't know everything they know. They had no problem taking Tunsil last year which tells me the problem with Foster was deeper than the pre-draft issues. I trust that they passed on him for a good reason and Harris is a really good pass rusher so im fine with that. Then with McMillan I trust that they again have their reasons and the guy was a stud at a big time school. My point is I don't see why you'd be sooooo depressed about these 2 guys. If you like 2 guys better ok I see that but its not like u can even argue that they are awful. They know what theyre looking for and they went in this direction for a reason. No need for this doom and gloom outlook. Its not the end of the world

I don't think who posted this watches football. Nonsense

You obviously haven't been here long...I was here on the record for Aaron Rodgers for the 2nd pick over Ronnie Brown in 2005....Matt Ryan over Jake Long....I promoted using 3rd rounder on Jay Ajayi.

I've probably watched the game much longer than you.

I haven't felt this bad about a draft since 2013. Players with major weaknesses in their games with strong talent available at both picks. Something is wrong with our evaluation process....Grier's job should ride on this class impacting 2017 big time and be fired if they don't. I would have rather fixed our O-line for good with two guards than take two defenders this flawed. I hope I'm wrong...this draft sets us way back if I'm right.
Your wrong, don't worry.

Absolutely, been a member on this site for over a decade and I have no problem owning up to being wrong. And as I said I too wanted Foster but the difference is I don't know everything they know. They had no problem taking Tunsil last year which tells me the problem with Foster was deeper than the pre-draft issues. I trust that they passed on him for a good reason and Harris is a really good pass rusher so im fine with that. Then with McMillan I trust that they again have their reasons and the guy was a stud at a big time school. My point is I don't see why you'd be sooooo depressed about these 2 guys. If you like 2 guys better ok I see that but its not like u can even argue that they are awful. They know what theyre looking for and they went in this direction for a reason. No need for this doom and gloom outlook. Its not the end of the world

Ok...so you deny Harris's weakness against the run?...And that 18 sacks is a lower number than most of the pass rushers in this draft?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Charles Harris...an honest film study:

https://youtu.be/ZhiopHjbHgI

Oh and for the record, I wanted Obi Melinfonwu, but the point is I believe in our regime and I believe they have a plan. They have guys they likey and a plan on when theyre willing to take them. We are better than we were yesterday. Be patient and trust the process. They are better at this than we are

Oh and for the record, I wanted Obi Melinfonwu, but the point is I believe in our regime and I believe they have a plan. They have guys they likey and a plan on when theyre willing to take them. We are better than we were yesterday. Be patient and trust the process. They are better at this than we are

I like Obi...and would have been fine with that.

Chris Grier has not earned any free passes yet...sorry.

And so you won't answer the question...or watch the video?

Again...I used a 2 guard example as an extreme to show how bad these picks are...I would have taken Rueben Foster & Jordan Willis the way it fell...both players more complete than who we picked.

No...I don't like the last decade of drafts...My statement was..." I haven't felt this bad....."....Bad, but not this bad.

Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller....are all throwing in their mouths over our draft on NFL radio...its almost like they don't want to say too much because they want to slam these kids as hard as they want too.

Lets face it...looking aside from Harris's weakness against the run and his slow measurables....there were far more productive DE's available who can stop the run.

Jordan Willis and Demarcus Walker to name two.

You watch amy tape on Harris or are you just going by his combine numbers?

The dude has an elite first step, he's explosive as ****, he delivers big hits to quarterbacks and ball carriers, and he has a wide array of pass rush moves - including a devastating spin move that some have compared to Dwight Freeny's. Right now he's weak against the run, but he loves football, he works hard and he has a ton of time to develop.

McMillan is not great in coverage or a freakish athlete but he's a good athlete, he's solid in coverage, he's a great tackler, he's fast, a thumper, very smart and great against the run. McMillan is probably a better overall pick than Harris but I think the future of our front 7 looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom