I hope there is no football in 2011!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope there is no football in 2011!!!

randy8216

Scout Team
Reaction score
Free agent RB Patrick Cobbs is latest player to support Adrian Peterson's comments comparing the NFL to "modern-day slavery."

"I wouldn't say slave. But we are at the mercy of [owners]," Cobbs said. "Obviously, we all love to play the game. But I think at times we are slaves. They tell us to jump and we jump. ... I can see where [Peterson] is coming from. So that's like slaves. But we're not slaves because we get paid pretty well to do it." This preposterous message has been so consistent that it suggests NFLPA leaders have indoctrinated all members with the propaganda.

What kind of idiots do they have in the NFL? When i go to work i do not ask my boss what he makes and i don't say im a slave for having to do my job. Theses guys have a great job and make good money obviously they are oblivious to the real world. I hope next year is played with replacement players and it turns out great were these guys can get a little reality....

sorry about the rant!! :crazy:

clear.gif

u can tell me to stop drop and roll in dog ****
if i know im gonna get millions for it i could care less
It would be interesting to see what a lot of players do with the free time
Maybe Ronnie brown works for UPS, Dez bRyant pimps out his mom.
Ricky williams teaches Yoga. Patrick Cobbs grows some corn on tonys pasture.
Tony Sparano invests in hot dog carts and gives henne the duty of making sausage..
Joe burger well he cooks the burgers..
Paul solia is unrecognizable and loses 100 pounds and switches position to tight end

What an over-paid, loud mouth, spoiled bunch of unintelligent *******s. I can't even begin to describe to you how furious I am when players make statements. Do they even think before they say something like that? I really can't even describe in words how disappointed I am in whoever agrees with Adrian Peterson's remarks. Slave and America in 2011 should have no business being mentioned in the same sentence. I have lost all respect for Adrian Peterson, and I'm disappointed that Cobbs partly agrees with him.

These guys don't know how good they have it. I would like to see them go out and work 12 hours a day in the rain, cold, or snow and then see what they have to say. Why not be happy that most of them are being paid millions to play a game? The rookie league minimum was $325K in 2010. I'm sorry but even at that salary for only a year or two, if one would manage their money right, they would be set up for life. I'm not saying they would never have to work again, but most people's biggest expense is rent or a mortgage and there is no reason a player should ever have one again. But it's not like that. They make that much and they go out and buy a two million dollar home or more among all the cars and everything else.

I can see the owners point about not wanting to open up the books for these players. In the real world, companies down go around announcing to all their employees how much they make.

Well there is always Roberto's reports on how great the CFL is and how great RGM would look returning punts to look forward to - ouch!

I can't believe that so many of you are against the players in this.

The players absolutely have it right and they shouldn't budge.

And the best defense you guys have is that you "have to work a real job and they don't."

Sounds like career and financial envy to me.

This is ****ing America. Get as much as you can if you can get it.

I hope there isn't any football next year either. The NFL will take a HUGE hit in ratings with replacement players. These stubborn owners need to wake up and understand who the cash cow really is in all of this.

And the best defense you guys have is that you "have to work a real job and they don't."

I hope there isn't any football next year either. The NFL will take a HUGE hit in ratings with replacement players. These stubborn owners need to wake up and understand who the cash cow really is in all of this.

Modern day slavery? Come on now. To a point I agree with you, but the majority of my ill feelings goes to the player like Adrian Peterson who thing they are actually doing a favor to society by actually playing football.

Screw em both the owners and players don't deserve anybody's sympathy
Both been riding the fans like ponies!
They could have figured a way to keep the infighting and greed between them.
Now each side is running back to the fan like its the other ones fault..

It reminds me of a true story where a mother and father were fighting over a baby
and both would pull at the babies arms saying its mine and the baby died.

Who you think the baby is? It is the fan that has probably followed football since they were babies.
We would play everyday b4 the bus would pick us up for morning we played during lunch break..
This is a great game and it is being spoiled by people who like to bite off more than they can chew..

Modern day slavery? Come on now. To a point I agree with you, but the majority of my ill feelings goes to the player like Adrian Peterson who thing they are actually doing a favor to society by actually playing football.

I never said I agreed with the modern day slavery claim by either of those guys. I do think that's a bit ridiculous.

However, I don't think that Peterson or Cobbs feels like they're doing society a favor by playing football. I think we as fans feel that they think that because we hold them in such high regards. Reality is, these are normal everyday Joes just like you and I.

Yes, they play a game. But this "game" is their job. And it's a dangerous job. So they have every right to make sure that they're getting enough medical insurance to take care of them after the game of football. These guys will retire and go live normal lives like you and I do today. And you and I will forget about these guys. Some of these guys will suffer injuries that will plague them for the rest of their lives. They'll have a knee injury or something that makes everyday life after football difficult. I know you're 19 and probably don't have kids. I'm 32 and don't have any kids either but I do have a niece and nephew that I enjoy playing with. It would kill me if I had some kind of knee injury that would prevent me from going out in the yard and playing with my niece.

For these owners to want to expand the season to 18 games is ridiculous. Think about who it benefits. It benefits the owner and it benefits you and I because we get more football. But it really puts the players in a hard spot. At the end of the season, take a look at injury reports for every team around the league. Guys are hurt. And whether or not they show up on those injury reports, EVERY guy has some kind of injury that's bothering him. And they want them to play two additional games...and NOT get paid for it.

What if your boss came to you and told you that you're going to have to work 10 additional hours each week in a physically demanding job and he's not going to pay you for it? This wasn't originally negotiated in your contract when you signed on. You're really not going to have a problem with that? And you're going to expect your Union not to have a few complaints here?

I bet Bernie Parmalee could school these primadonnas on what an honest day's work looks like. Give me a hundred Parmalees or Vincent Papales any day. Heck, even give me 200 Frank Gores.

I agree 100%. The players have a highly valuable skill and the owners are the ones who are trying to take money off of the table. The players would be satisfied with an extension of the current deal and were even willing to agree to a rookie pay cap from the start of all of this.

The fact of the matter is if all of the NFL players were to switch to another league, then that's what all of us would be watching. As a fan I want to see the best athletes in the world slugging it out, I don't care who the guy writing their checks is.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a proposal that if we have an 18 game season, no individual player would be allowed to participate in more than 16 games, effectively giving each player an additional 2 bye weeks. Also, if you and I were "business partners", and you agreed to pay me 50%, I would certainly want to know what 100% was.

There is a proposal that if we have an 18 game season, no individual player would be allowed to participate in more than 16 games, effectively giving each player an additional 2 bye weeks. Also, if you and I were "business partners", and you agreed to pay me 50%, I would certainly want to know what 100% was.

So the owners are looking to rob the players AND the fans...

Can't believe ANYONE would side with the owners in this.

So the owners are looking to rob the players AND the fans...

Can't believe ANYONE would side with the owners in this.

I can picture Chad Henne now when Sparano lets him know that today is Jake Long's day off.

Back
Top Bottom