I just read a 2003 NFL preview mag again.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just read a 2003 NFL preview mag again....

HairyDawg13

Scout Team
Reaction score
It made me laugh to see that the mag (athlon) said the Panthers offense would not "dazzle" you...and that,in a round about way, Jake Delhomme was not as good as Peete. They were picked to finish last in the division.

Sound familiar???....questionable unheard of QB..and offense that will struggle...very solid Defense...picked by the "professional" prognosticaters to have 6 wins. Last years Panthers were also in the same division as the reigning Super Bowl champs...scary!!! :lol:

You got to love it.
It would be fun if it happen.

Your example hit it on the head man, nobody knows jack about what will happen this season, or any other for that matter. I look forward to ignoring all the prognostications, and just following how our camp progresses.

Yeah, I remember reading some stuff about the Panthers and thinking man, they don't have any chance of making the playoffs this year. Boy was I wrong. However, after I saw the Cowboys in the Preaseason I could tell taht they were going to be a physical football team and picked them as the surprise team of the year. At least I wasn't completely off.

HairyDawg13 said:
It made me laugh to see that the mag (athlon) said the Panthers offense would not "dazzle" you...and that,in a round about way, Jake Delhomme was not as good as Peete. They were picked to finish last in the division.

Sound familiar???....questionable unheard of QB..and offense that will struggle...very solid Defense...picked by the "professional" prognosticaters to have 6 wins. Last years Panthers were also in the same division as the reigning Super Bowl champs...scary!!! :lol:

Shouldn't be the reason someone would believe the Fins are gonna do damage this year, but the coincidences do make you think alot about the upcoming year and how unpredictable it could get.

Are you saying that Miami is identical to the Panthers?? The Panthers had Stephen Davis & Deshaun Foster. They also had a strong O-line.

Miami has Minor and Henry at RB and a questionable o-line. Not to mention that Feeley is an unknown and Fiedler is a known inadequate starter. The 3 most important positions on offense are question marks, used to be only 2. That is why Wannstedt will be done after this season with Miami.

Nick Saban to Miami next year.
Bob Stoops to Miami next year.
Romeo Crennel to Miami next year.
You choose one.

Back
Top Bottom