I know this is Blasphemy but I'm pulling for the Jest and I'll tell you why

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DirkDiggler, Jan 3, 2010.

1. DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler Banned Hammered

Ok, so It might not be the same as rooting for the Jets in the playoffs but I would be cool to see these lesser teams like the jets get in and do something. Not because i like them but because It will show these teams that try and manipulate the system by laying down to some teams to get the easier match ups or to rest starters. Be careful what you wish for.

2. miami23

miami23 Rookie

umm no..thats stupid i will never go for the jets

3. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

WHAT!? F the Jets, i dont ever want to see them win. I root against them in preseason games.

4. DirkDiggler

LMAO, i figured I would be greeted with hostility but please understand the deeper point.

5. PhinPhreak

PhinPhreak Perennial All-Pro

The one good thing about them getting in is that if there is no CBA next season, they will not be able to sign any Free Agents unless they lose some. So as much as it is sickening the way they are going to get in, a one and done and no FA's is just as good.

6. Mr_Freezetag

Mr_Freezetag Knowledge Hunter

I def do not want to see them win and plus what would they prove by playing in the wildcard against the Bengals AGAIN after beating them tonight?

That wouldn't prove a damn thing.

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

I understand and I agree that I hope the Colts get spanked in the Divisional round after they laid down and died. But I will never root for the Jets.

8. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

No FA's only applies to the final 4 from each conference. If the Jets go one and done, they can still sign FA's.

9. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Teams rarely do well in the playoffs when they stink at the end of the regular season. It would not surprise me one bit if the majority of the teams that laid down today and last week go 1 and done in the playoffs.

10. DirkDiggler

Agreed.

11. H4wt Pocket

H4wt Pocket Well-Known Member

I will never, ever, ever, ever root for the Jets in a playoff game...ever. **** the Jets. I hope they get absolutely embarrassed by the Bengals.

12. ryanENGLISH0

ryanENGLISH0 Well-Known Member

Its already a nightmare that they are in the playoffs. I hope the team eats bad clams before the game.

13. DolfanAdam

DolfanAdam Scout Team

well the way I see it, I hate the Patriots more than almost anything on the planet, so until such time as they are eliminated the Jets are off my radar.

If by some insane chance the Jets make it to the SB, I'll naturally be rooting against them as I bleed aqua and orange. For the record though, I don't think it's terrible to be happy to see some lesser teams make waves in the playoffs. I was getting a tad annoyed that by week 5 they were already proclaiming the Saints, Colts, or Vikings the next SB champs. So I don't mind a few unexpecteds like the Jets sneaking in.

One last thing though, seeing as it was crazy the Browns pulled out a win today, imagine for a second if all the games we needed to went our way and then we had to watch this game tonight and watch our playoff hopes be destroyed like we did to them last year...I would've lost my friggin mind!

14. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Yup, poetic justice baby. Now they can take out both the teams that rolled over and let them in. The Bengals gave them momentum and took the wind out of their own sails and the Colts never learn. The Jets really have a great chance at going to the super bowl now.

15. zigzagzz

zigzagzz Starter

Now that the football gods want a laugh and let the jets into post season i hope that Cincy kicks their tail big time!!!although it would be very fun to watch Baltimore destroys rex just like the ghost busters destroyed the stay puft marshmallow man lol So as far as rooting for the jets LOL in the words of ESPN segment....C'MON MAN!!!! Im rooting for them to be defeated!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Closet Jet fans, for shame. I bet you like to do their ghey little chant when no ones around too don't you?

17. clownfish

clownfish A True Fan

Worst thread on Finheaven EVER. F the classless Jets. Root for the Ravens or the Bengals to knock out the top 3. Besides, if any team thinks they are rolling passed the Chargers, they are sadly mistaken.

18. painnotpleasure

painnotpleasure Hall Of Famer

I don't think the Jets deserved playoffs, and I think the Texans definitely deserved it over them. The Texans had to play the Colts starters for TWO FULL games and lost both in close competitive games. The Jets had to play the Colts starters (in a meaningless game for them essentially) for almost THREE QUARTERS and were losing by 5. They also lose to Jacksonville (twice) and so did the Jets. The Texans beat us in a playoff atmosphere game, and Jets lost to us TWICE. Both teams had some key injuries. All of the Texans losses this year were all close except to the Jets Week 1 ironically. If the Jets played IND any other week in the year besides Week 16 and Week 17, they would have already been eliminated from contention coming into this week. They don't deserve playoffs (were handed playoffs) and the only thing they can accomplish is beating the Bengals in the first round (which any team in contention including even MIA and JAX had a shot at doing). I hope CIN wins but I could see NYJ making it to and losing in the Divisionals.

19. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

you're in denial. sandcheeze you a woody and you kiss your toilet bowl ring like jabba.

20. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

i will never in my life root for the jets that is just stupid if you want to root for a lower team root for the ravens at least they arnt a rival of ours

21. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

anyone who switches allegiances to the jets deserves a fate that involves rectal cancer

22. Grrrumpy Miner

Grrrumpy Miner New Member

OK Newbie here and a Jets fan.I will be realistic,I hate the fact that the Colts pulled back last Sunday and felt it was a cheap win,but regardless a win is a win.For those who feel the Texans deserve to be in the playoffs instead of the Jets,lets go back to Week 1 September 13,2009 in Houston Jets 24-Texans 7 I need not say more should I?Lets try the shoe on the other foot,if the Dolphins had the same scenerio,you'd GLADLY accept it so stop beating up on the Jets.They deserve to be there bottom line.Do I think the Jets will win the Super Bowl....not this year,I can think of at least 4 teams that are better than them now and all 4 want no part of the Jets either.

23. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

It would be Kharmatic and funny if the Jets end up knocking the Colts out of the playoffs..however, I will NEVER root for those trashy Jets though, never..

24. JetsDefense

JetsDefense Well-Known Member

Fixed your sig for you:

- New Dolphins hat - $25
    - Rex Ryan dinner ordered from a dollar menu - $75
    - Watching the Dolphins choke the last three weeks of the season after sweeping the Jets and listening to all their fans rave about their division record all year - Priceless

25. DirkDiggler

Wow, I didn't know you could access finheaven from your second grade class?

26. phins4ever1986

phins4ever1986 Active Member

there is no way in hell i would root for the jets. only if it helps us winning maybe the division or something. but besides that NEVER