I like Harris but........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Harris but........

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think we will rue the day when we passed on Foster and Watt !! Especially Foster. I hope I'm wrong.

Especially since we could have traded down, picked up an extra 3rd and 7th round pick and still gotten Foster, or another more explosive DE.

Tpu never know, kid may be rhe next Wake or tje next Vernon G...solid pick regardless

Did ya'll pay attention to free agency? Simmons is locked up 2 years fully guaranteed(paid like an every down player), and Kiko just a contract extension. The Dolphins were never drafting a linebacker in the first round. You are basically only in the hunt for a 2 down Sam with sub rushing ability (considering Koa Misi's lack of durability), and you will be able to get that later.

Did ya'll pay attention to free agency? Simmons is locked up 2 years fully guaranteed(paid like an every down player), and Kiko just a contract extension. The Dolphins were never drafting a linebacker in the first round. You are basically only in the hunt for a 2 down Sam with sub rushing ability (considering Koa Misi's lack of durability), and you will be able to get that later.

What do you mean get that later? That's what we drafted, a 6'2" 253 pound edge player with sub rushing ability and below average measurables who might play 2 downs. His sack totals are much better because of the scheme he played in but he is a less explosive Koa Misi coming out of college. They are the same size but Misi had better measurables with fewer sacks. All of Harris's sacks came in 3 games against poor OLs, was neutralized in the majority of their games. He was less effective than Michael Sam in the same system.

Let's hope Harris improves and turns out to be a great pick, the Dolphins scouts must see more in him. Hope he becomes our Suggs or Von Miller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will rue the day when we passed on Foster and Watt !! Especially Foster. I hope I'm wrong.

On the other hand, the moment Harris hits that double digit mark in sacks, we may instead start to be very thankful 21 teams before Miami did not take a chance on possibly the best pass-rusher in this years draft.

Michael Lombardi ✔ @mlombardiNFL
Many teams do, According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers R Foster will require a 2nd surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff
7:16 AM - 28 Apr 2017

Ian Wharton ✔ @NFLFilmStudy
3 concussions, 2 stingers, 2 shoulder surgeries. It's easy to see why teams passed on him despite the on-field talent. https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/857961807528382465
7:40 AM - 28 Apr 2017

Many teams do, According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers R Foster will require a 2nd surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff

3 concussions, 2 stingers, 2 shoulder surgeries. It's easy to see why teams passed on him despite the on-field talent. https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/857961807528382465

A guy with several red flags off the field and it isn't even the most concerning thing about him.

Completely understand the slide. Availability is the most important trait about all of these guys.

I love Harris but.....No but's. He's been one of "my guys" for 4 months.

The pick could look even better if we land a starter at LG or FS in the 2nd round. Plenty of each still available and the board is loaded with talent right now. We are sitting pretty being at 54 but maybe going up to 47,48 or 49 to guarantee ourselves a 2017 impact player is prudent.

Everyone wanted Foster but with the obvious medical/character concerns it was going to take a team with more ammo than us to take a chance. Bad teams with extra picks take those types of risks.

But if we did draft Foster and his red flags came true, people would bash our front office for making that move and we would be left with a hole at LB again with no young pass rusher to develop.

A guy with several red flags off the field and it isn't even the most concerning thing about him.

Completely understand the slide. Availability is the most important trait about all of these guys.

I think that his blowup at the Combine on a nurse was something that teams also considered very heavily.

That's not normal behavior.

What's up. First time poster but been coming to this forum for quite some time. If we had drafted Foster, whom I liked, and he didn't play due to injury there would have been plenty of people complaining that we wasted a pick. We have been down this road too many times with drafting players with injury history and it not working out. Harris is a solid pick and I'm happy with it. If Cam goes down so does our pass rush!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that his blowup at the Combine on a nurse was something that teams also considered very heavily.

He could be an All Pro and people will lament the FO for passing.

But there are A LOT of hurdles and Gase seems like he has a feel for the type of player he wants in his lockerroom. You can overlook some of the off the field stuff but if the kid can't even play potentially then that should seal a confidence in passing on him.

Linebackers can be emotional creatures. Maybe the nurse informed him that some of the test were exposing early concerns about the shoulder and he didn't take it well. Or maybe they informed him about the possible diluted sample.

I love Harris but.....No but's. He's been one of "my guys" for 4 months.

The pick could look even better if we land a starter at LG or FS in the 2nd round. Plenty of each still available and the board is loaded with talent right now. We are sitting pretty being at 54 but maybe going up to 47,48 or 49 to guarantee ourselves a 2017 impact player is prudent.

Going up 6 spots in the second will cost you 3-5th round picks and 1-7th round pick
according to the draft chart...not worth it in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom