I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BALLS DEEP, Dec 18, 2006.

1. BALLS DEEP

BALLS DEEP Guess Who's Back.

The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!

2. BALLS DEEP

We pay them MILLIONS of DOLLARS to CATCH THE BALL!!!! What more incentive do they need?

3. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock With stolen wings and evil ways

I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.

4. FemaleFinFan

FemaleFinFan Go G-Men!

Dropped passes has been a complaint of mine all season, regardless of who the qb is. No Joey was not perfect yesterday, far from it, but he would have had better numbers if the WRs could catch the ball. I've also said before that I think its coaching. Not Saban, but the WR coach, whatever his name is. He's obviously not helping the situation.

5. BALLS DEEP

I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/B]

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

There was one drop by Randy McMichael that REALLY, REALLY pissed me off. He was looking towards the ball the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of it. It was thrown accurately, and it skids off his hand. :shakeno:

These players like to BODY CATCH the ball. They don't use their hands. As a matter of fact, the best hands in this team is our franchise running back, Ronnie Brown. :shakeno:

I noticed that Derek Hagan likes to catch with his hands, but just like every rookie, he's dropping the ball a lot.

7. FemaleFinFan

FemaleFinFan Go G-Men!

Which is why, I don't hold him to the same standards as the rest of the receiving corps. Probably rookie jitters. Next year though, no excuses.

8. emocomputerjock

:sidelol: Holy...tears....can't see :sidelol: :sidelol:

9. IluvJuMiami

IluvJuMiami Banned Hammered

If our WR coach needs to teach his players how to CATCH then we have a much bigger problem on our hands, with our hands, or lack thereof.

10. emocomputerjock

What else does a WR coach do?

Why do teams employ position coaches?

11. BALLS DEEP

I've studied up on this and apparently it's quite complicated. You have to get them to run their routes and throw things at them. Once they've all suffered a few broken noses and fractured orbital bones, they learn to put their hands up. Then you work on them cupping (imagine making a bowl out of your hands that things can land in) around the ball. Then the work begins on squeezing your hands when the ball goes into the cup. WAIT, WE CAN MAYBE JUST HIRE MY KINDERGARTEN PE/RECESS TEACHER TO REPLACE OUR WR COACH. He has it down perfectly!

12. emocomputerjock

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

13. Dolfndav34

Dolfndav34 FinHeaven VIP

WR coach

It's Charlie Baggett...lol

14. fishypete

fishypete FinHeaven Elite

Perhaps the should steal every teams signals.....because they sure don't know how to game plan without them. When they throw to Booker and Welker they do so much better....than when they try to make Chambers the key player.....he's NEVER open....and then he doesn't catch the football when he has a chance....pitiful.

15. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

Bottom line is, our receiving core is mediocore at best. McMichael`s been dropping passes all year, Chambers has been virtually nonexsistent and we all know he`s dropped his fair share throughout his career. Booker is our best receiver, but if he`s a teams #1 then you`re in trouble. They were embarassing yesterday!

16. Marino420TD

Marino420TD Seasoned Veteran

How about 2 words.

OVERRATED
    MEDIOCRE

Our receivers are not that good.

17. JSwerdy

JSwerdy Free Ricky!

randy mcmichael (heretofore known as "wife beater")'s hands are sore. i wonder why

18. Cannonboy

Cannonboy Premium Member

Easy answer to the drops. Our receivers, other then Welker stink. Time to get some new blood in here.

19. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Someone should give Cris Carter a call and get him back down to Miami and get him to coach these Receivers of ours.

20. THECOMMISH

THECOMMISH Active Member

i agree catching or not cathing the football is a major problem-case in pint the only game i went to this season was the Packer game vs Miami-well if u all recollect the 10 points we LOST by were courtesey of Mc Micheal dropping them then going into the packers defenders hands thus we los by the 10 points. Just absolutely ridicoulous. Sorry for the spelling mistakes.

21. DolphinzD

DolphinzD Boom!! How you like that??

And what would he teach them? How to drop a touchdown pass in the most crucial part of a game the Dolphins have to win?

22. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

They are scared to get hit so they take their eyes off it and lose concentration

23. PhinsRock

PhinsRock A True Fan

Our receivers can't catch the damn ball, and if we can't hold them responsible then we need to hold the WR coach responsible.

I remember reading on FinHeaven how Denver tapes a half of a tennis ball to their receiver's hands, then they have to catch footballs with their fingertips. Does Saban & co. not hear about these things?

24. Lester

Lester Can't help it. Born this way!

We should hire Patches O'houlihan as aour WR coach. If you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball.:D

25. realdolphin

realdolphin Starter

we need mcduffie and oronde gadsden back !!!!!!!!

26. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

:sidelol:

27. musphinzfan

musphinzfan Pro Bowler

What my old football coach use to do was make the Qb and the guy who has the mcdropsies stand 5 yards apart with no helmet and the qb whips the football at them as hard as he can at them...they got catch 20 of em inarow to get out of the dog house.

not sayin it will work but this has been a problem for alot lof teams this year...did they got to the micro fiber football without us knowing?

28. FanMarino

errrr the basics going by the way our WR's and TE's catch!!!

29. Tigers2003

Tigers2003 FinHeaven VIP

The thing that is really concerning is CC not getting separation and disappearing. I understand he has concentration issues which has never changes but he has completely disappered in games. Mc Mike's drops are inexecusable. Now it is at a point where other options need to be considered for next year at TE.

30. volk

volk Seasoned Veteran

I think the receiver's coach isn't doing his job well, but I also think there is a lack of accountability and urgency among our recievers. CC believes he is elite, and as such, he is always the victim. Listen to his sound bites...has he ever defended a QB here, or has he always bashed them? The biggest problem in his mind is the lack of an elite QB. He never examines himself for deficiencies. Furthermore, he is getting payed elite money and it has made him feel very secure. Similar things can be said of McMichael.

Now, contrast that with the two players having the most success in the receiving core this year: Booker and Welker. Booker knows his job is not secure...he's already been traded once. Welker knows his job is insecure, too, as they have tried everything under the sun to replace him. These guys have played focused, solid football. The majority of their problems are technique related or actual physical limitations. The same can be said of Zach Thomas, who is always under the trade microscope...look how he plays.

Our players need to feel comfortable to perform, but should never feel like their bad play is someone else's fault, or that they are so good they can't be touched in a trade. This displays a lack of concentration, focus, and overall mental toughness. This team is doomed for mediocrity until they become mentally tough.

The time has come to move Chambers and McMichael.

31. DrewOldSchool

DrewOldSchool LeBatard, The Fat ******* of Miami.

First, McMike can't catch anymore (I see a man who either can't or doesn't want to play in Miami anymore). Second, Morris is a backup RB who never had solid receiving skills. Third, Welker drops the ball more than he should but drops the ball less than McMike. Drops never help and they frustrate struggling QB's. This has been yet another in a long line of problems on offense this season. Good Post.

32. DrewOldSchool

The only problem that I have seen with Marty Booker is that he is easily banged up and sidelined. That has been consistent over two years. Otherwise, when healthy I think he is a major contributor on offense. I pat the guy on the back for being consitently the most efficient WR on this team glamorous or not. Gotta be honest.

33. DolfanForever

DolfanForever Starter

They don't practice in the rain anymore. They have the "bubble" now.

34. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

The only player to drop a good ball was Chambers at the end of the game. JH's other passes that were dropped for all under 10 yards, on downs when we needed more yards for where he threw the ball.

He stunk big time

35. FanMarino

To sum it up we need a new No1 WR and a TE that can catch on a regular basis.

36. DrewOldSchool

I almost entirely agree. First, I agree 100% that we need a new and strong receiver at TE. Second, we need a No.1 WR and an offensive system that mesh so that he can be utilized. That hasn't happened with Mularkey and Chambers. That needs to change. So, which one do you value more?

37. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Finheaven VIP

:sidelol: Well done sir, that was great. :sidelol:
    In all seriousness our WR coach is Charlie Baggett. He is a very well respected guy in NFL circles and is regarded as one of the best WR coaches in the game......... That being said I think we have all been extremely underwhelmed with our receivers play here. Its a shame because he did an outstanding job with the receiving core he had with the Vikings. Did a great job of not just developing Moss but also the rest of the guys like Burleson and a couple others that I cant remember. I remember watching them even before I knew who their coach was and thinking that whoever it was he was doing a hell of a job. I was very happy when he came over with Scotty last year because I thought he would have the same kind of success here............. Sure hasn't worked out that way though has it?

38. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

Yup we have no recievers on this team because to be labelded as a reciever you actually have to catch the god damn ball grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

39. FanMarino

With what you say Drew i say we need a new TE and a new Offensive Co-ordinator that can bring the best out of Chambers. Having him on the outside where Harrington isnt comfortable throwing and the odd reverse isnt going to bring out the best in Chambers when the guy under Linehan went to the Pro-Bowl! Chambers is proven but only when the system fits.

40. junkyardkid

junkyardkid Well-Known Member

how many passes has McMichael dropped this year?