I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!

We pay them MILLIONS of DOLLARS to CATCH THE BALL!!!! What more incentive do they need?

BALLS DEEP said:
We pay them MILLIONS of DOLLARS to CATCH THE BALL!!!! What more incentive do they need?

I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.

Dropped passes has been a complaint of mine all season, regardless of who the qb is. No Joey was not perfect yesterday, far from it, but he would have had better numbers if the WRs could catch the ball. I've also said before that I think its coaching. Not Saban, but the WR coach, whatever his name is. He's obviously not helping the situation.

emocomputerjock[B said:
]I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.
I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/B]

There was one drop by Randy McMichael that REALLY, REALLY pissed me off. He was looking towards the ball the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of it. It was thrown accurately, and it skids off his hand. :shakeno:

These players like to BODY CATCH the ball. They don't use their hands. As a matter of fact, the best hands in this team is our franchise running back, Ronnie Brown. :shakeno:

I noticed that Derek Hagan likes to catch with his hands, but just like every rookie, he's dropping the ball a lot.

Vertical Limit said:
There was one drop by Randy McMichael that REALLY, REALLY pissed me off. He was looking towards the ball the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of it. It was thrown accurately, and it skids off his hand. :shakeno:

These players like to BODY CATCH the ball. They don't use their hands. As a matter of fact, the best hands in this team is our franchise running back, Ronnie Brown. :shakeno:

I noticed that Derek Hagan likes to catch with his hands, but just like every rookie, he's dropping the ball a lot.

Which is why, I don't hold him to the same standards as the rest of the receiving corps. Probably rookie jitters. Next year though, no excuses.

BALLS DEEP said:
I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/b]

:sidelol: Holy...tears....can't see :sidelol: :sidelol:

emocomputerjock said:
I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.

If our WR coach needs to teach his players how to CATCH then we have a much bigger problem on our hands, with our hands, or lack thereof.

IluvJuMiami said:
If our WR coach needs to teach his players how to CATCH then we have a much bigger problem on our hands, with our hands, or lack thereof.

What else does a WR coach do?

Why do teams employ position coaches?

emocomputerjock said:
What else does a WR coach do?

Why do teams employ position coaches?

I've studied up on this and apparently it's quite complicated. You have to get them to run their routes and throw things at them. Once they've all suffered a few broken noses and fractured orbital bones, they learn to put their hands up. Then you work on them cupping (imagine making a bowl out of your hands that things can land in) around the ball. Then the work begins on squeezing your hands when the ball goes into the cup. WAIT, WE CAN MAYBE JUST HIRE MY KINDERGARTEN PE/RECESS TEACHER TO REPLACE OUR WR COACH. He has it down perfectly!

BALLS DEEP said:
I've studied up on this and apparently it's quite complicated. You have to get them to run their routes and throw things at them. Once they've all suffered a few broken noses and fractured orbital bones, they learn to put their hands up. Then you work on them cupping (imagine making a bowl out of your hands that things can land in) around the ball. Then the work begins on squeezing your hands when the ball goes into the cup. WAIT, WE CAN MAYBE JUST HIRE MY KINDERGARTEN PE/RECESS TEACHER TO REPLACE OUR WR COACH. He has it down perfectly!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Perhaps the should steal every teams signals.....because they sure don't know how to game plan without them. When they throw to Booker and Welker they do so much better....than when they try to make Chambers the key player.....he's NEVER open....and then he doesn't catch the football when he has a chance....pitiful.

Bottom line is, our receiving core is mediocore at best. McMichael`s been dropping passes all year, Chambers has been virtually nonexsistent and we all know he`s dropped his fair share throughout his career. Booker is our best receiver, but if he`s a teams #1 then you`re in trouble. They were embarassing yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom