I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

How about 2 words.

OVERRATED
MEDIOCRE

Our receivers are not that good.

Easy answer to the drops. Our receivers, other then Welker stink. Time to get some new blood in here.

Someone should give Cris Carter a call and get him back down to Miami and get him to coach these Receivers of ours.

i agree catching or not cathing the football is a major problem-case in pint the only game i went to this season was the Packer game vs Miami-well if u all recollect the 10 points we LOST by were courtesey of Mc Micheal dropping them then going into the packers defenders hands thus we los by the 10 points. Just absolutely ridicoulous. Sorry for the spelling mistakes.

FanMarino said:
Someone should give Cris Carter a call and get him back down to Miami and get him to coach these Receivers of ours.

And what would he teach them? How to drop a touchdown pass in the most crucial part of a game the Dolphins have to win?

BALLS DEEP said:
The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!

They are scared to get hit so they take their eyes off it and lose concentration

Our receivers can't catch the damn ball, and if we can't hold them responsible then we need to hold the WR coach responsible.

I remember reading on FinHeaven how Denver tapes a half of a tennis ball to their receiver's hands, then they have to catch footballs with their fingertips. Does Saban & co. not hear about these things?

We should hire Patches O'houlihan as aour WR coach. If you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball.:D

What my old football coach use to do was make the Qb and the guy who has the mcdropsies stand 5 yards apart with no helmet and the qb whips the football at them as hard as he can at them...they got catch 20 of em inarow to get out of the dog house.

not sayin it will work but this has been a problem for alot lof teams this year...did they got to the micro fiber football without us knowing?

DolphinzD said:
And what would he teach them? How to drop a touchdown pass in the most crucial part of a game the Dolphins have to win?

errrr the basics going by the way our WR's and TE's catch!!!

Goin` Deep said:
Bottom line is, our receiving core is mediocore at best. McMichael`s been dropping passes all year, Chambers has been virtually nonexsistent and we all know he`s dropped his fair share throughout his career. Booker is our best receiver, but if he`s a teams #1 then you`re in trouble. They were embarassing yesterday!

The thing that is really concerning is CC not getting separation and disappearing. I understand he has concentration issues which has never changes but he has completely disappered in games. Mc Mike's drops are inexecusable. Now it is at a point where other options need to be considered for next year at TE.

I think the receiver's coach isn't doing his job well, but I also think there is a lack of accountability and urgency among our recievers. CC believes he is elite, and as such, he is always the victim. Listen to his sound bites...has he ever defended a QB here, or has he always bashed them? The biggest problem in his mind is the lack of an elite QB. He never examines himself for deficiencies. Furthermore, he is getting payed elite money and it has made him feel very secure. Similar things can be said of McMichael.

Now, contrast that with the two players having the most success in the receiving core this year: Booker and Welker. Booker knows his job is not secure...he's already been traded once. Welker knows his job is insecure, too, as they have tried everything under the sun to replace him. These guys have played focused, solid football. The majority of their problems are technique related or actual physical limitations. The same can be said of Zach Thomas, who is always under the trade microscope...look how he plays.

Our players need to feel comfortable to perform, but should never feel like their bad play is someone else's fault, or that they are so good they can't be touched in a trade. This displays a lack of concentration, focus, and overall mental toughness. This team is doomed for mediocrity until they become mentally tough.

The time has come to move Chambers and McMichael.

Back
Top Bottom