I think Hartline is a must | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Hartline is a must

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
The guy had a pretty good season considering he played with a rookie QB and he was the number one WR for us.. Which means he was getting the opponents no#1 cornerback to cover him. I know Hartline is not a number #1 wr. Imagine him with a true number 1 like Jennings, wallace, or Bowe and Hartline playing his true position as a #2 WR with his QB in his second year.... I do not understand all the hate for Hartline. The guy produced knowing the other team had to stop him....... They surely were not afraid of Bess, our wallace, or anyone else on our roster... Make him a #2 let their 2nd best corner cover him with another season under Tannys belt and lets see..........Just sayin

Now with this news that we are close to signing him, I wonder who we are going to target to compliment him in FA, Jennings or Wallace?

Now with this news that we are close to signing him, I wonder who we are going to target to compliment him in FA, Jennings or Wallace?

Ill go with your Sig for the answer....

Sign: Mike Wallace and Jermichael Finley.

The guy had a pretty good season considering he played with a rookie QB and he was the number one WR for us.. Which means he was getting the opponents no#1 cornerback to cover him. I know Hartline is not a number #1 wr. Imagine him with a true number 1 like Jennings, wallace, or Bowe and Hartline playing his true position as a #2 WR with his QB in his second year.... I do not understand all the hate for Hartline. The guy produced knowing the other team had to stop him....... They surely were not afraid of Bess, our wallace, or anyone else on our roster... Make him a #2 let their 2nd best corner cover him with another season under Tannys belt and lets see..........Just sayin

Does this really need a new ****ing thread? Click on the already existing thread which also happens to say Hartline is a must by our damn GM.

he isnt hated, as far as i can see. He is looking for a contract that IMO is a little high. Yes he had a good season yardage-wise, but he 1 of 2 WRs RT threw to. And he is not worth what he wants if he cannot get into the endzone.

I have a problem with breaking the bank for someone who has one truly good year. There have been plenty of fluke 1000 yard seasons before and I can't help but feel like this is one of them.

WHY ? theres noway i overpay just to keep him with Tanny , because if we can get Jennings for the same amount that Hartline is askin for , then its a no brainer we sign Jennings to be our #2 than Hartline at the same money .

WHY ? theres noway i overpay just to keep him with Tanny , because if we can get Jennings for the same amount that Hartline is askin for , then its a no brainer we sign Jennings to be our #2 than Hartline at the same money .

Amen brother! He finally stays healthy one season, is the only real WR Tanny has to throw to, but even despite this, he can't get into the endzone. I'd be willing to pay him #2 WR money, but definately NOT #1 WR money. If we overpay him, we'll never get a true #1 WR who can score here, as we have a lot of other needs to address as well and cannot spend all our cap on two WR's.

It's hard to call a guy that is nowhere near 'tag worthy' a must but it would be nice to retain him since he is a legit NFL receiver albeit limited athletically. I think they'll find a way.

I have a problem with breaking the bank for someone who has one truly good year. There have been plenty of fluke 1000 yard seasons before and I can't help but feel like this is one of them.

Hartline has always made plays. He's just had BMarsh on the other side, so he didn't get the ball as much...

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

We aren't going to pay him #1 money. I think everyone knows that, including him...

Back
Top Bottom