I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling,

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
cannot accurately throw the long ball. The kid can hit pretty much every other throw and has a high ceiling (assuming we get some good qb coaching) but in the end his deep ball is not that good and accuracy is nothing you can teach. He isn't the first qb to not be able to hit a solid deep ball but with an offense predicated on the deep ball big play and leveraging part of your future on Mike Wallace, it makes you wonder how this is going to play out. Can we win without the money play we thought we had? I am not so sure in the long run.

Other than that, he doesn't play defense or kick field goals or isn't an official. So, nice team loss.

I close my eyes when he throws deep because I can't take seeing how off target he is and I close my eyes when ANY opponents QB throws deep because they always place it in the bread basket. Thus is the life of a Dolphins fan.

The 60 yard bomb at the end of the game was catchable. Just saying.

Average. One TD pass a game is not going to cut it. And for all you Mike Wallace Haters. Dude is open 24/7. Just need a QB who can throw a Long Ball

His ceiling is Jake Plummer. That's not high. He blows.

How high was Trent Dilfer's ceiling? That is just one example of a qb that wasn't all that great but won a superbowl. Hell you can even make the argument from the guys that went to a superbowl and lost. Much of your success in the NFL is indeed predicated on the qb, however I can give you plenty of HOF qb examples of guys who would tell you it definitely a team game due to the lack of a single winner ring on their finger...

I am starting to think that way too. The deep ball was there all day. On the two that connected, they should have been 6 points each.
I understand that we have had nothing at QB for the last decade, but RT has to make those throws. If he can't, he will be the guy until a better QB comes along.
Keep drafting QB's. Let him compete until he either improves or is replaced.

I don't see why everyone is so quick to want to keep the guy. The quicker we see he's mediocre (which he clearly is showing us that he is), the quicker we can draft another.

We have to keep drafting Quarterbacks until we hit. Tannehill is not that guy.

We should be 11-5 with this schedule, but won't.

Back
Top Bottom