I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling, | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling,

how bout that missed pass to matthews on 3rd and 3 in the 1st quarter in panthers territory? how bout on numerous 3rd down plays he has time to throw or run yet panics and makes one bad decision after another. the guy will never ever ever ever be a franchise qb. pretty hilarious how after 27 games not many of you can see that. ZERO 4th quarter points sunday and 1 4th quarter td the past 7 games...but i guess thats because of sherman OR the oline OR the rb's OR the wr's OR the te's? but for most of dolphin nation 7-9 is seen as progress. we'll see what most of you say when we finish this season 6-10.

What I'm hearing from you on this post is, "details don't matter".

They do. They matter a lot. Football is a game of inches. Football is about details.

This...In every play,there are multiple moving parts that have to happen to allow a play to successfully
succeed.We have a lot of bad,old or not yet ready parts.
It's not always the drivers fault.

It looks more and more like RT is a good second tier quarterback and nothing more than that. He has had some great moments, but more often than not he looks ordinary. I know we all wanted him to be the savior we have been looking for since Marino, but it's obvious he is not.

Tannehill throws an interception rolling to his right because he didn't clear the passing lane and the linebacker was able to tip the ball up, he throws what should have been a BAD interception rolling to his right on a play where two Panthers defenders converged on the football, and here we sit talking about how awful it is he went 2 of 4 for 110 yards and a TD on super-deep pass attempts.

Focusing on the wrong things people. I'm not just sitting here saying Tannehill is faultless or an awesome player. I'm trying to direct you guys away from the cheese and toward what you should probably be talking about instead.

Tannehill throws an interception rolling to his right because he didn't clear the passing lane and the linebacker was able to tip the ball up, he throws what should have been a BAD interception rolling to his right on a play where two Panthers defenders converged on the football, and here we sit talking about how awful it is he went 2 of 4 for 110 yards and a TD on super-deep pass attempts.

Focusing on the wrong things people. I'm not just sitting here saying Tannehill is faultless or an awesome player. I'm trying to direct you guys away from the cheese and toward what you should probably be talking about instead.

how bout that missed pass to matthews on 3rd and 3 in the 1st quarter in panthers territory? how bout on numerous 3rd down plays he has time to throw or run yet panics and makes one bad decision after another. the guy will never ever ever ever be a franchise qb. pretty hilarious how after 27 games not many of you can see that. ZERO 4th quarter points sunday and 1 4th quarter td the past 7 games...but i guess thats because of sherman OR the oline OR the rb's OR the wr's OR the te's? but for most of dolphin nation 7-9 is seen as progress. we'll see what most of you say when we finish this season 6-10.

I agree with you that a lack of TD's in the 4th quarter in the last 7 games is a problem, and is not a meaningless statistics. Tannehill has to take his share of responsibility for that.

I thought he played well, and had a sufficient time to throw. However, a "W" is not on the scoreboard, and part of the reason for that is Ryan Tannehill.

And it's not just 4th quarter stuff. I didn't think we scored enough in the first half, with the opportunities presented to us.

I wanna hear what you think Tannehills faults are, I'm not going to lie I'm a Tannehill fan but I do see he makes quite a few mistakes, given the fact he's a young QB.

This loss is only a link in a chain of disappointment that this team has shown throughout the year. Add to that all the controversy surrounding the locker room and investigations only makes for the look of another losing season.

Last year it was batted balls, he corrected it. Then it was pocket presence, he's now getting mobile. Now it's the deep pass. He's a rawer than average second year guy. He's always taking steps to improve. Give the kid the third year he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I'm hearing from you on this post is, "details don't matter".

They do. They matter a lot. Football is a game of inches. Football is about details.

It does, and I didn't mean anything by that. But the eyeball test means something too, and football is not about making beautiful throws or being perfect, it's about getting it done. You mentioned Marino, and he had instincts, he got it done. And he had a strong arm and quick release. I don't think Marino, frankly, got a lot of respect from his peers (other QB's). Marino wasn't necessarily the most accurate QB, from what I remember watching him play. But he was magnificent.

There are always going to be variables. In the end, you have to make it work. Today, I watched a QB get sufficient time to throw from his O line. He had lots of opportunites. On the overthrown ball to Wallace, he could have even run for a first down. The object of the game is to get first downs, and TD's. That's all that matters.

RT is a good average QB, just not a QB who can be looked to in crunch time to finish games. He does make great throws at times, but he doesn't have the killer instinct the greats(Brady Manning) have. Add to that all adversity following this team this year makes it worse. He has lost most of his O-line and several weapons(Gibson Keller). Look last year how bad things went for the Saints, and Brees is a great QB. P.S. Brees should have been a Dolphin.

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ce...

RT is a good average QB, just not a QB who can be looked to in crunch time to finish games. He does make great throws at times, but he doesn't have the killer instinct the greats(Brady Manning) have. Add to that all adversity following this team this year makes it worse. He has lost most of his O-line and several weapons(Gibson Keller). Look last year how bad things went for the Saints, and Brees is a great QB. P.S. Brees should have been a Dolphin.

You're talking about the same Bree's that got ran out of SD? I honestly hate the Bree's comparison, he was considered a bust after a few yrs in SD.

BTW Tannehills led the team for wins in crunch time on a few occasions.

You're talking about the same Bree's that got ran out of SD?

BTW Tannehills led the team for wins in crunch time on a few occasions.

We never played Seattle. I don't know what you're talking about. Ryan Tannehill has never played the Seattle Seahawks.

Back
Top Bottom