I think the Dolphins finally figured it out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Dolphins finally figured it out

Amartin09

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We as fans have said 1000 times that you need to build through the draft. The problem is that you have to suffer through really tough times to have a chance to get lucky and build a winner. Also, they figured out that you really need to suck in order to be able to draft guys that are close to cant miss.

We aren't beating NE for the division, so you might as well begin to unload the guys that gave you headaches without giving you the type of production to win consistently .

Next year we are probably looking at a top 5 pick, likely a dominant WR and 2 picks from 33-40. I'm willing to wait it out as a fan. Winning 8 games does us nothing.

I think we would be doing tanahill a dis-service in development if we gave him no WRs. I saw get someone proven. A rookie would take a year anyways, then you are looking at two years w/o a Wr crop with a coach trying to run a wide open scheme. JMO

It's hard to get to excited about the Dolphins building through the draft until they prove they aren't such failures at drafting. Yeah we may trade players for draft picks but keep in mind in many cases those are the same players the management drafted. After awhile it just becomes a slight of hand game.

Trades a Proven WR in the NFL and you're ok for a shot in the dark drafted receiver. Draft a CB high in the first round ... trade him for a high 2nd round pick in a few years. Draft a QB in the first round ... take away all his weapons and expect him to level up after a full season. Ireland is a miracle maker and all his drafts like other GMs turn into proven players. Btw how many years have we been rebuilding and building through drafts?

It is a good thing you are willing to wait! And it is a good thing the team finally figured out what they fans have been saying a 1000 times. Do you really think they don't know 2000 times more than what the fans think they know? Big news here to build through the draft. And actually winning 8 games does do you something. Ask Ross if it helps the finances or seat sales. You are in good hands though because you are getting your wish. Its all about 2013. We are sucking, but not for luck.

You have to admit the offense will be more fun to watch than the sparano regime, that starts to sell tickets

Am I the only one tired of waiting? Every year it's wait till next year.

At least the quality of football should be better this year.

It is a good thing you are willing to wait! And it is a good thing the team finally figured out what they fans have been saying a 1000 times. Do you really think they don't know 2000 times more than what the fans think they know? Big news here to build through the draft. And actually winning 8 games does do you something. Ask Ross if it helps the finances or seat sales. You are in good hands though because you are getting your wish. Its all about 2013. We are sucking, but not for luck.

I could care less about filling seats. I care about wins and those players we had last year, including Marshall and Davis got us 6 wins. Had they got us 8, do you really think the seats would be filled??? It looked 50 empty

The WR Draft class next year is one of the worst I have ever seen. There were guys picked late in the 2nd round this year than the top ones coming out next year and better ones are juniors.

If they would have done this after JJ left....you wouldn't have been waiting this long. The sooner the ship gets righted, the sooner the losing will end.

Success in this league is luck? We've been through a decade of tough times and we've been lucky enough to have the chance to draft Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan. Yet passed each time. I don't want luck, I want competence.

Back
Top Bottom