I think the Dolphins finally figured it out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Amartin09, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Amartin09

Amartin09 Member

We as fans have said 1000 times that you need to build through the draft. The problem is that you have to suffer through really tough times to have a chance to get lucky and build a winner. Also, they figured out that you really need to suck in order to be able to draft guys that are close to cant miss.

We aren't beating NE for the division, so you might as well begin to unload the guys that gave you headaches without giving you the type of production to win consistently .

Next year we are probably looking at a top 5 pick, likely a dominant WR and 2 picks from 33-40. I'm willing to wait it out as a fan. Winning 8 games does us nothing.

2. MiamiMuss

MiamiMuss A True Fan

Guess what bud we have suffered for 45 years bud.Suffers for the weak that needs to change!!

3. phinUCFphan

phinUCFphan Active Member

I think we would be doing tanahill a dis-service in development if we gave him no WRs. I saw get someone proven. A rookie would take a year anyways, then you are looking at two years w/o a Wr crop with a coach trying to run a wide open scheme. JMO

4. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone Seasoned Veteran

It's hard to get to excited about the Dolphins building through the draft until they prove they aren't such failures at drafting. Yeah we may trade players for draft picks but keep in mind in many cases those are the same players the management drafted. After awhile it just becomes a slight of hand game.

5. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Trades a Proven WR in the NFL and you're ok for a shot in the dark drafted receiver. Draft a CB high in the first round ... trade him for a high 2nd round pick in a few years. Draft a QB in the first round ... take away all his weapons and expect him to level up after a full season. Ireland is a miracle maker and all his drafts like other GMs turn into proven players. Btw how many years have we been rebuilding and building through drafts?

6. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

It is a good thing you are willing to wait! And it is a good thing the team finally figured out what they fans have been saying a 1000 times. Do you really think they don't know 2000 times more than what the fans think they know? Big news here to build through the draft. And actually winning 8 games does do you something. Ask Ross if it helps the finances or seat sales. You are in good hands though because you are getting your wish. Its all about 2013. We are sucking, but not for luck.

7. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Funny isn't it!

8. phinUCFphan

phinUCFphan Active Member

You have to admit the offense will be more fun to watch than the sparano regime, that starts to sell tickets

9. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Am I the only one tired of waiting? Every year it's wait till next year.

At least the quality of football should be better this year.

10. Amartin09

Amartin09 Member

I could care less about filling seats. I care about wins and those players we had last year, including Marshall and Davis got us 6 wins. Had they got us 8, do you really think the seats would be filled??? It looked 50 empty

11. phinking

phinking A True Fan

The WR Draft class next year is one of the worst I have ever seen. There were guys picked late in the 2nd round this year than the top ones coming out next year and better ones are juniors.

12. Bigjbizzle2

Bigjbizzle2 The Legend

Actually Davis was not a high first rounder. We got him at the bottom of round 1

13. fatkirstyalley

fatkirstyalley Donut Enthusiast

If suffering created championships, then we should be a freakin dynasty by now

14. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

If they would have done this after JJ left....you wouldn't have been waiting this long. The sooner the ship gets righted, the sooner the losing will end.

15. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Success in this league is luck? We've been through a decade of tough times and we've been lucky enough to have the chance to draft Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan. Yet passed each time. I don't want luck, I want competence.

16. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Oh, success in this league can definitely include some Luck.

17. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

:rimshot:

18. cdz12250

cdz12250 FinHeaven VIP

We have blown up the whole offense and installed a new scheme, run by a rookie coach using a rookie quarterback. We have also changed the defensive scheme and are playing the new one with personnel acquired for the old one.

Call it rebuilding or whatever else you want, but it is only natural that we are going to suck for a while. Accept it. Embrace the suckhood. It's the first steps in the journey. But although we can't go to the playoffs while we suck, there is one very satisfying thing we can do in the meantime.

We can sweep the Jets. They suck, too.

19. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I was reading the details behind the Jets:Rams swap of Hunter for Jason Smith (the 2nd player taken in the 2009 draft behind Matthew Stafford). This is a classic example of a club (St Louis) being totally screwed by selected an average player and committing so heavily in guarranteed income. Smith got injured in year 1 and the team lived in hope that he could be the player they thought they drafted. However, he just got progressively worse. (Mel Kiper described Smith as a can't miss OT).
    Under the new CBA rookies significantly lower amounts are committed and so teams aren't locked up if the player turns out to be a bust. However, getting a good player with the 1st round pick is not a science. We have improved from the disastrous picks like Ted Ginn Jnr, Jason Allen and Jamar Fletcher, but it can never be taken for granted.

20. Themajster

Themajster NYC FIN FAN

Glass half full, love this post.

21. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Themajster has got it right again. "We are probably going to suck for a while. Accept it. Embrace the suckhood. It's the first steps in the journey." Some people pay a lot of money to get advice from "Life Coaches" and psychologists that is not as good as that message.
    Life wasn't meant to be easy - EMBRACE THE SUCKHOOD.... Ireland appears to have embraced it.

22. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

There's always next year. I love that fact.

/not

23. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

Amen brother!

24. Ben Had

Ben Had FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

45 years? You must be a Jet fan.