I think we bring Ireland back because of Tannehill. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we bring Ireland back because of Tannehill.

MLQ

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill probably has probably saved Jeff Ireland's job witht the Dolphins. The kid can obviously play, could be a real star in this league.
Imagine if we could get a primmere WR9sucks to think what could have been with B.Marshall here) and a TE through free agency or the draft on the same field with Bess, Hartline, and Bush.

My argument to keep Ireland is not to ignore his failings, and they are many, but to admit that he hit on the biggest priority. A legitimate NFL QB who
could be something special.

What if we get rid of Ireland. A new GM would bring in a new coach and Off Coord. That could stunt Tannehill's growth. Let's keep the same coaching staff that he's comfortable with and hope that Ireland can find a WR,TE, and some other needs to take us to the next level.

lets all "HOPE" Ireland FINALLY does something he's been unable to do since he's been here

HOPE AND CHANGE...HOPE AND CHANGE ...HOPE AND CHANGE...HOPE AND CHANGE

Count me towards one that really wants hope and change...send Ireland packing

I've been saying for a few days on here that IMO firing Ireland is not worth the risk of losing Philbin and his staff as Joe is considerably more critical to this franchise's success at this point. It's also apparent that Philbin is positively influencing Jeff's drafts which is a good thing. Best case scenario would have Ross, who i think is smitten with our smart, focussed new coach with a vision and plan end up making those 2 equal partners in the player decision-making process.

Funny thought, but remember the rumors before the draft about how Ross was going to force Ireland to choose Tannehill?

I thought those rumors were bogus, and still do, but if there was truth to them, then Jeff could be ready to take a long walk off a short employment cliff.

I've been saying for a few days on here that IMO firing Ireland is not worth the risk of losing Philbin and his staff as Joe is considerably more critical to this franchise's success at this point. It's also apparent that Philbin is positively influencing Jeff's drafts which is a good thing. Best case scenario would have Ross, who i think is smitten with our smart, focussed new coach with a vision and plan end up making those 2 equal partners in the player decision-making process.

This is dead on! If we can stay competitive and win some games, I want to see Philbin's influence on drafting. At this point i think it will do more damage to blow it up.

it looks like it's getting turned around. ireland and philbin aren't going anywhere.

With Philbin and Sherman's WCO, I believe Stevie Wonder could have seen that RT was the only pick for this team. I give Ireland no credit or blame in making the selection. There was no other choice to even consider.

I also believe that the picks of Martin, Egnew, and Miller had our coaches prints on them. JMO

Why are we supposed to be 100% sold on either Ireland, Philbin, and Tanneyhill again? I do like what I have seen from RT, Philbin has been ok, and JI has been average at best. Not sure I'm sold on either after 4 games.

With Philbin and Sherman's WCO, I believe Stevie Wonder could have seen that RT was the only pick for this team. I give Ireland no credit or blame in making the selection. There was no other choice to even consider.

I also believe that the picks of Martin, Egnew, and Miller had our coaches prints on them. JMO
egnew was a given as soon as allen was taken off the board

I'd check back on this after another 4-8 weeks. His new QB and coaching regime seem to be an upgrade, but not enough games to decide given how deep the Ireland hatred ran.

Tureo, I understand your point on being sold on everyone after 4 games. I'm not trying to say that Ireland and Philbin are the greatest things ever, I would just like to see everyone come back with a full off season, draft and FA period now that for the first time since we had Marino, we don't have to use a high draft pick or big free agent dollars to get a QB. That changes how we can continue to get better. Why blow everything up and start new.
Tannehill running Sherman's offense with some upgrades next year could be very exciting.

DIDN'T no he was goooooing anywhere, Ireland here to STAY...his not PERFECT like U... DAMN SMFH

I agree 110%, I say keep him in here for another year, just for this coaching staffs sake, I also believe Ireland has had some brief flashes of brilliances, hence Wake, getting rid of Davis, reggie bush trade, and if he had any say in our 1st round pick (RT), but at the same time he's had major screw ups, (AKA 2011 draft class so far), brandon marshall trade, calling moms prostitutes, etc. As much as a headache he's been, i do believe one more year is due for for the sake of this current coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom