I think we go after a pair of wide receivers before we go for a tight end | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we go after a pair of wide receivers before we go for a tight end

ph0enyx

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sherman almost never called passes to his tight ends in college and when Philbin was with the Packers Jermichael Finley spent more time playing the slot than as a part of the line. So I see us going after 2 wide receivers or a wide receivers and a tight end who can't block before we go for a true replacement for Fasano.

Problem is...we need a fast WR to blow the lid off. Who in this draft can do that and actually make the first pick in the draft worth it?

This draft has two or three TE's who can make a big difference. Blocking is a huge part of the equation as well. Wr's are the weirdest bunch when it comes to playing football at the NFL level. Some guys project big but fall flat big too.

What I am wondering about is Binn and Matthews. Binn may already be what we need. The dude supposedly is a quick study. I say wait to see what happens with Matthews and Binn these next few games. Matthews made a couple of plays which is more than weeks before which is ussually one. WR's can and most often do take a year or two before they sprout. Everyone has to remember that!!!! So you draft a WR high and you end up dissapointed.

So we may already have a guy on our roster.

Problem is...we need a fast WR to blow the lid off. Who in this draft can do that and actually make the first pick in the draft worth it?

This draft has two or three TE's who can make a big difference. Blocking is a huge part of the equation as well. Wr's are the weirdest bunch when it comes to playing football at the NFL level. Some guys project big but fall flat big too.

What I am wondering about is Binn and Matthews. Binn may already be what we need. The dude supposedly is a quick study. I say wait to see what happens with Matthews and Binn these next few games. Matthews made a couple of plays which is more than weeks before which is ussually one. WR's can and most often do take a year or two before they sprout. Everyone has to remember that!!!! So you draft a WR high and you end up dissapointed.

So we may already have a guy on our roster.

But that's just the thing.. we say that every year. Ireland hopes that every year. Look where it's gotten us.

Back
Top Bottom