I want Antonio Cromartie

pb1300

Scout Team
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

6-2, 208
4.38 speed
40+ inch vert

I am a Cane till the day I die, but I would LOVE to see the Fins pick a Seminole with the 16th pick in the draft. The guy has hands like a wide receiver, and can really solidify our corners for years to come. He has everything, speed, size, vert, what more can you ask of someone physically. As long as he is past his injury, it would be a mistake to pass this CB up for any other one IMO.

pb1300 said:

6-2, 208
4.38 speed
40+ inch vert

I am a Cane till the day I die, but I would LOVE to see the Fins pick a Seminole with the 16th pick in the draft. The guy has hands like a wide receiver, and can really solidify our corners for years to come. He has everything, speed, size, vert, what more can you ask of someone physically. As long as he is past his injury, it would be a mistake to pass this CB up for any other one IMO.

Too much of a risk at 16. If we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder, and he's available, he might be worth it.

pb1300 said:

6-2, 208
4.38 speed
40+ inch vert

...coming off an injury, below average game experience, and somewhat raw cover skills (at least, that's the consensus from what I've read). He could be really good, yeah. But there are too many question marks to take him at 16 with the level of talent that will still be available at other positions, IMHO.

His athleticism is incredible, and the question marks aren't so big, in my opinion. Yeah, he had the ACL tear, but his pro day numbers and the recent history of other players with that injury are strong indications that it wont be an issue. His technique is an issue because he lacks experience, not because he can't learn. Give him a coach like Nick Saban and he'll turn into one of the game's elite CBs.

pb1300 said:

6-2, 208
4.38 speed
40+ inch vert

I too am a big time Cane fan and was thoroughly impressed with him when they played the canes a few years back...seemed like he single handedly kept them in the game...his injury is the main concern, otherwise he would go a lot higher...i too am hoping we grab this guy, however it wouldn't be the safest pick...he's a high risk high reward type of guy..his athleticism is off the charts and like you said he has wr hands...chris mortensen just said he is rising up the charts and has elevated to mid first round status..we are drafting right in the middle of the first...hmmmmmmm

i just love the fact that so much hype is surrounding a player that has only started one game in ncaa, it just makes you wonder if you could be drafted...

I like him, I think he has alot of up side. He is a question after the injury, but I think he will have a big career

PublixSubsRule said:
i just love the fact that so much hype is surrounding a player that has only started one game in ncaa, it just makes you wonder if you could be drafted...
He only started one game because FSU's defense centers around upperclassmen. He only started one game, but played a great deal in many more.

For those of you worried about Cro's technique and inexpierience just remember that Saban's specialty is coaching defensive backs. Just look at how well prepared Travis Daniels was last year for the NFL with Saban's coaching at LSU and with the Dolphins.

Cromart would be a monster under Nick. He is a special player. If FSU had him back this year, I assure you UM fans would be sweating game 1 a lot more this year.

Watch him go before 16.

Ever hear of Matt Jones?

He's going to surprise a lot of people.

Marino2Clayton said:
For those of you worried about Cro's technique and inexpierience just remember that Saban's specialty is coaching defensive backs. Just look at how well prepared Travis Daniels was last year for the NFL with Saban's coaching at LSU and with the Dolphins.

amen brother

I think Cromartie will turn out to be a steal at 16...

I dont want us to draft a player like him that COULD be a great player. He doesn't have much game experience, yes we all know he is physically gifted and is an amazing athlete. I would rather see us go with a Jimmy Williams,
Tye Hill, or Donte Whitner.

Back
Top Bottom