I was at the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was at the game

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Tannenbaum.JPG Danny and Nat.JPG Lucky me. I got to watch this utter snooze fest live and in person. My friend has seats on the Dolphin side right next to the owner's box. I got to look to my right and only 10 or 12 seats away is Mike Tannenbaum and Steve Ross. Marino sat next to Nat Moore a few seats over. None of them looked very excited about what was happening on the field. We were really no competition for the Bills all day long. The defense looked very bad against Tyrod Taylor, AGAIN!

The game?? Well, it had all the thrills of an early exhibition game. Fales?? He brings nothing that I could see after watching him all day. He did hit a few passes but that's to be expected of a guy that was a 6th round pick by the Bears. Maybe he could be kept as a 3. This offense needs a makeover. We need a TE that is a star, that will make everything better on offense. We need to draft a QB to compete with Tannehill and we need to finally get the oline fixed.

On defense we got exposed all day and looked slow. Alonzo gets beat on every snap one way or another. He hits a lot of wrong gaps and he can't stay with anybody in the passing game. When teams play us you can bet they are setting up isolation routes to burn Kiko Alonzo because it's so easy. Before I put too much blame on Kiko why are we not getting him needed help on 3rd downs? Bottom line is that we weren't trying to win the game. If we were Fales wouldn't have seen the field. I hate that we didn't come out to try to win but I'll be happy on draft day.

The highlight of my day would have been sitting next to the owners box for sure, certainly not the game.

Reactions: BSQ
The owner's box is super plush and has it's own private elevator so that Ross and Tannenbaum can exit the stadium without being besieged by fans. A bunch of well heeled folks inhabit the owner's box. The seats were amazing were I was just one section over, too bad the game was utter bull crap.

It's not acceptable for this storied franchise to be mediocre for so long. Somebody needs to get their collective heads out of their arses!
A damn shame isn't it, a once proud franchise like this reduced to being a bottom feeder. One of the thing that will stick with me for a long time is seeing all those Bills fans at the stadium while the Bills team laugh as our players are being ejected after kicking our ass on our home turf............quite painful to watch.

The hardest thing to take was Bill's fans being nice to me. "You guys lost Tannehill, you would have been great this season." "One guy says,ÿou guys always play us tough!!"I said, NOT TODAY!!

The hardest thing to take was Bill's fans being nice to me. "You guys lost Tannehill, you would have been great this season." "One guy says,ÿou guys always play us tough!!"I said, NOT TODAY!!
At least there were some good sports. Last time I saw the San Diego Chargers it wasn't wasn't anything close to that very unsportsmanlike.

Miami has all kinds of problems with mobile quarterbacks. The lack of speed on defense is pretty obvious, especially at linebacker. That may be the direction the team goes in the first round.

Seems to me that Alonso took a big step back this year. He made some game changing plays in 2016, but we saw too many missed tackles from him this year. Both Alonso and Branch didn't earn their paychecks IMO.

There's definitely a lot of work to do in the offseason. Needs are OG, OLB, DE, TE. Agree on backup quarterback as well.

Kiko was a good player in college and Buffalo, maybe we just need to realize that the Vance/Burke defense blows.

He is statistically the worst coverage lb in the league—by a lot—and our dumbass FO signed him to an extension. Can’t cut him unless we take a huge hit. Guess he will be one of the highest paid backups in the league.

I am still trying to figure out who was at fault on that busted play where their TE caught a TD in the endzone. Who's job was it to cover the TE, Jones or Kiko? It looked to me that Jones moved to the right to help cover the WR's and left the TE wide open. However, Kiko came running afterward, so it looked like maybe he was the guy who was supposed to cover the dude from the get go. I can't stand Kiko, so naturally I want to blame him, but fair is fair. If this play wasn't his fault, I am sure I can find another where he screwed up that I can bitch about. It sucks that we will be forced to keep him another year because I believe most are saying it's too expensive to cut him.

I was also curious. I think it wasn’t Kiko and he was trying to cover up. It seems for as bad as he looks he’s the only guy past the DL that consistently knows his assignments.

Back
Top Bottom