I Was Doing Some Research And Discovered. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Was Doing Some Research And Discovered.

mercury 40

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That since 1990 the dolphins have brought in 19 running backs and 5 of them were fullbacks , this is intreaging because that is a awful amount of rbs to go through this must explain why we were bad in the 90's . i made a list and i may have missed a couple of players but here is a list of rbs
1991 3rd Aaron Craver rb
1992 10th rd Raoul Spears rb
1993 3rd Terry Kirby rb
1996 3rd rd Karim Abdul Jabbar rb
1996 4th rd Stanley Pritchett fb
1996 5th rd Jerris Mcphail rb
1998 1st rd -b John Avery rb
1999 2nd rd -a J.J. Johnson rb
1999 2nd rd- 2b Rob Konrad fb
1999 5th rd Cecil Collins rb
1999 VET F/A Tyrone Wheatley rb
2000 4th rd Deon Dyer fb
2001 not sure which rd but Travis Minor rb
2001 vet f/a Lamar Smith rb
2002 trade for Ricky Williams rb / Saints
trade for Lamar Gordon
brought in Sammy morris fb / BuffaloI ma

I AM NOT SURE WHEN THESE GUYS CAME BUT
Bernie Parmalee rb
Leroy Holt fb
I realize that nobody cares but I came across this info and I thought I would throught this out here and see if you guys think this has contributed to our 8-8 seaons which I have been so sick of because of lousy draft position. and to try to understand why we havent had a good rb when most of the nfl had a good back.
this was interesting i thought. :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:

It does seem strange that in all this time, we only had one running back who was really a great runner. It seems to me that taking guys like Travis Minor on the first day, guys who will never really be a starter, is part of the reason why. Other teams have much more success with later round backs than we do, and our one first round running back was a total dud.

mercury 40 said:
That since 1990 the dolphins have brought in 19 running backs and 5 of them were fullbacks , this is intreaging because that is a awful amount of rbs to go through this must explain why we were bad in the 90's . i made a list and i may have missed a couple of players but here is a list of rbs
1991 3rd Aaron Craver rb
1992 10th rd Raoul Spears rb
1993 3rd Terry Kirby rb
1996 3rd rd Karim Abdul Jabbar rb
1996 4th rd Stanley Pritchett fb
1996 5th rd Jerris Mcphail rb
1998 1st rd -b John Avery rb
1999 2nd rd -a J.J. Johnson rb
1999 2nd rd- 2b Rob Konrad fb
1999 5th rd Cecil Collins rb
1999 VET F/A Tyrone Wheatley rb
2000 4th rd Deon Dyer fb
2001 not sure which rd but Travis Minor rb
2001 vet f/a Lamar Smith rb
2002 trade for Ricky Williams rb / Saints
trade for Lamar Gordon
brought in Sammy morris fb / BuffaloI ma

I AM NOT SURE WHEN THESE GUYS CAME BUT
Bernie Parmalee rb
Leroy Holt fb
I realize that nobody cares but I came across this info and I thought I would throught this out here and see if you guys think this has contributed to our 8-8 seaons which I have been so sick of because of lousy draft position. and to try to understand why we havent had a good rb when most of the nfl had a good back.
this was interesting i thought. :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:

That is an AWFULLY BAD job of drafting Rb's is the 90's :eek:

I dont know about anybody else but I never really felt that travis minor was a good fit for the phins because of his size. I recall that in one game and ithink it was the Baltimore playoff game where dave decided to run minor up the middle and minor ran smack into a deffender and he completly fell over. I liked Parmalee and jabbar a lot more than I did minor. :fire:

Don't forget Troy Stradford 4th or 5th round pick out of Boston College.

You left out Lawrence Phillips, Rashaan Salaam (until he failed the physical), Thurman Thomas, Spikes, Denson, Cleveland Gary I believe was in that time frame, plus a couple others on the roster now like Leonary Henry & Brock Forsey.

just think if i would have started in the year 1980 , just think how many running backs that this ball club has gone through. as of right now we have had 22 rbs from 1990 to the present . I cant belive this is correct but we must have had some bad scouts working on the staff. this is more than the total number of backs combined for the afc east.

Mark Higgs in the 90's?

Back
Top Bottom