I was expecting this Defense to be more opportunistic! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was expecting this Defense to be more opportunistic!

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Say what you want that this Defense isn't "Saban's Defense" because he's been limited in his opportunities to make it so but I was expecting a lot more forced TO's than what we've seen. We're looking like last year's D as far as forcing TO's are concerned.

For all of you who keep comparing Saban to Belichick, Belichick takes guys that have very little experience playing on his defense (Troy Brown, Hank Poteat, and others) and somehow they seem to be at the right place at the right time. Not so much this year but look at their track record.

Those apologists that say this isn't Saban's defense are full of it. With the exception of Taylor, Zach, Seau and Madison, all of the starters were hand picked by Saban. There are 7 new starters on defense -- 8 if you consider that Seau missed almost all of last year. It doesn't first become "Saban's Defense" when he get's his Dream Team. You never get your Dream Team. You select from the best of what is available and do the best you can with it. So far, i'm not impressed.

Ya, where is all this confusion that Saban's defense was suppose to create for the other team's offense? I haven't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom