I was Miami's interim GM over at the reddit NFL mock draft, here are the results. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was Miami's interim GM over at the reddit NFL mock draft, here are the results.

JakeMcAwful

Irish Dolphan
Reaction score
http://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/1ynyik/unofficial_mock_draft_tracker/?sort=new&limit=500

That link will bring you to the page listing all four rounds that happened.. There were 30 GMs for the teams (TEN and SEA didn't show up) and we were given 5 minutes per pick to receive trade offers and such.. And a lot of trading happened. Some stupid, some pretty good but the results weren't too bad (minus a few surprise picks in the top 10). I stayed out of the trading entirely, just because I got nothing good offered..

So the Dolphins results were as follows:

(1) #19 - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
(2) #50 - Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin
(3) #81 - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
(4) #112 - James Hurst, OT, UNC

I was pretty happy with the draft overall. I think I got excellent value across the board, but I know the Borland pick will be a bit controversial - especially considering Smallwood, Niklas and Richardson were all still on the board. I'm personally having doubts about Niklas' ability to separate from coverage at the next level, considering how slow he seems on tape. I just didn't think second round was good value for him.. As for Richardson, I thought there would be better value at guard later in the draft than there would be at ILB.

Ka'Deem Carey and Hurst were two picks I was delighted to sit on.. Carey is my favourite back in the draft and fits our system perfectly, I think he'll be a good one. Hurst probably won't offer much year 1, but I think he develops into a solid tackle for us - still slightly underrated imo. For the first round pick, it was a coin flip between Mosely and Lewan, with Martin a consideration too. I've heard some talk/concern about Mosely's longevity in the league and that worried me a bit more than Lewan's character concerns.. As seen later, no more top level tackle prospects were available by our second rounder so I'm pretty okay with the Lewan pick. Gives us a lot more flexibility later in the draft too.

So what do you guys think? Like, dislike, blisteringly loathe? :D

Borland in the 2nd round? Wow, way overdrafted...the other picks are really good and good value.

It's difficult to say if it was a good draft with no context of what players were available
when you picked

It's difficult to say if it was a good draft with no context of what players were available
when you picked

Follow the link I gave and it shows the entire draft, so you can get an idea of it.

Borland in the 2nd round? Wow, way overdrafted...the other picks are really good and good value.

Not if you want him. There is no way Borland is there when Miami picks in round 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replace Chris Borland with Telvin Smith in the 2nd and you got me!

http://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/1ynyik/unofficial_mock_draft_tracker/?sort=new&limit=500

That link will bring you to the page listing all four rounds that happened.. There were 30 GMs for the teams (TEN and SEA didn't show up) and we were given 5 minutes per pick to receive trade offers and such.. And a lot of trading happened. Some stupid, some pretty good but the results weren't too bad (minus a few surprise picks in the top 10). I stayed out of the trading entirely, just because I got nothing good offered..

I was pretty happy with the draft overall. I think I got excellent value across the board, but I know the Borland pick will be a bit controversial - especially considering Smallwood, Niklas and Richardson were all still on the board. I'm personally having doubts about Niklas' ability to separate from coverage at the next level, considering how slow he seems on tape. I just didn't think second round was good value for him.. As for Richardson, I thought there would be better value at guard later in the draft than there would be at ILB.

Ka'Deem Carey and Hurst were two picks I was delighted to sit on.. Carey is my favourite back in the draft and fits our system perfectly, I think he'll be a good one. Hurst probably won't offer much year 1, but I think he develops into a solid tackle for us - still slightly underrated imo. For the first round pick, it was a coin flip between Mosely and Lewan, with Martin a consideration too. I've heard some talk/concern about Mosely's longevity in the league and that worried me a bit more than Lewan's character concerns.. As seen later, no more top level tackle prospects were available by our second rounder so I'm pretty okay with the Lewan pick. Gives us a lot more flexibility later in the draft too.

You got Lewan at 19 and Hurst at 112 !!!!!!! Man, that's awesome work! Either one of those guys can play LT and that gives us two good OL, Lewan in year 1 and Hurst in year 2. Well done!

I'm curious why the Browns would pass over Ka'Deem Carey 5 times, and then go with Sankey in the third round. Has Carey's stock dropped or something?

I'm curious why the Browns would pass over Ka'Deem Carey 5 times, and then go with Sankey in the third round. Has Carey's stock dropped or something?

Not in my eyes. I think he was suspended for one game at the start of this year.. Maybe that's playing in people's minds. However I know a lot of people have a particular fascination with Sankey.. I don't see it. He's probably the 5th/6th best back in my mind.

Im actually excited for that draft, other than Boreland, I love Taylor Lewan but i fear after Kuandjio was found with Arthritic Knees that Lewan's stock will take a bump, Hurst is a guard but not that great with Zone Blocking

and I have actually written a fantasy article about Ka'Deem Carey, he would be everything that Daniel Thomas isn't I am excited for his future and if Miami picks him I would love that over all I would be happy with your draft sir

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

they may want the Anti Trent Richardson...a smaller back with a little wiggle, Lache Seastrunk...Dri Archer?

I have actually written a fantasy article about Ka'Deem Carey, he would be everything that Daniel Thomas isn't I am excited for his future and if Miami picks him...

My fantasy is that Daniel Thomas is no longer on the roster, period. And Nolan Carroll can take the same train.

I would be very happy with Carey.

My fantasy is that Daniel Thomas is no longer on the roster, period. And Nolan Carroll can take the same train.

I would be very happy with Carey.

Carey ran a bad 40 (4.70). A lot of people are going to overreact to it. The three best RB's in the draft had poor 40 times (Hill, Hyde, Carey) - as did Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis.

Back
Top Bottom