I was wrong | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong

Both Cutler and Moore are equals. However, it seemed that when Moore came in the other players raised their game. If Moore is able to get the team to rise around him then I would prefer him. At the end of the day, we are going to need both behind this line. Finally, I think Pouncey should have rested this week.

Putting aside the stats, I don't know how anyone could watch the way each of these guys throws the ball and think there's any comparison here. Cutler just can't make throws. His longest throw of the day was that duck, again off his back foot, to Stills. That was basically just a jump ball. Cutler's biggest selling point has always been his arm strength. He doesn't have it any more. He can't make throws, and he's not willing to try. Moore can make throws. He may make some mistakes, but Moore is what we thought we were getting in Cutler, who has always been known as a guy who would sling it around but make some mistakes. Cutler just drags the game down into the muck, and I just don't want to watch that dreck any more. Never been a Moore over Tannehill guy, but Moore over Cutler seems like an obvious choice.

The truth is both Moore and Cutler have their limitations as QBs.

Main difference I see is that Moore seems to have better chemistry with the receivers. Which I guess makes perfect sense.

I would continue to play Moore if it were up to me.

Both Cutler and Moore are equals. However, it seemed that when Moore came in the other players raised their game. If Moore is able to get the team to rise around him then I would prefer him. At the end of the day, we are going to need both behind this line. Finally, I think Pouncey should have rested this week.
Did everyone raise their games? Or did the QB play just improve? You might be right....but what I saw was Matt Moore setting his feet, standing tall and driving the ball down the field. He didn't play scared and he wasn't afraid to take a hit. He also made some very ballsy throws....like that back shoulder to Landry which was a thing of beauty. I also felt Gase opened up the entire playbook for Moore....he hasn't done that for Cutler.

Watch the games, not the record. Philbin went 8-8 plenty of times he should of gone 4-12 6-10
Philbin's Colts Oline got Jacoby Brissett sacked 10 times today and TY Hilton calling them out. He's gonna get him killed. If i were Luck I'd sit this season out and hope for a new Oline coach in 2018.

But comparing Gase to Philbin is akin to comparing DRew Brees to Mark Sanchez!!

It felt like Moore threw downfield more in 1 quarter than Cutler has all year. Moore just seemed in better control. Even plays were getting snapped at 05 than right at 00. That was pissing me off. The D can just go and not worry about being offsides.

The truth is both Moore and Cutler have their limitations as QBs.

Main difference I see is that Moore seems to have better chemistry with the receivers. Which I guess makes perfect sense.

I would continue to play Moore if it were up to me.
It doesn't matter if and what limitation a QB has. Most QBs have limitations somewhere.

Cutler practiced and played with the first stringers for the first 5 games and some preseason. Moore did not. The difference is that Moore makes plays in the absence of a running game.
The reason players get excited is because they know that Moore gets the ball to them and gives them a chance to make a play. Their route running is not for naught. Every time they run they know that they could be the target on any given play.

Will Moore make goofy plays? Sure. Every QB does. But his good plays far outweigh the bad plays.
Let me give you an example from a fan perspective. When we were down 28-14 most fans were content with a loss. When Moore came in (after his initial three hand off plays) we hoped that the D will hold in the 4th quarter because we were almost 100% sure that a Moore-led offense would score. There was a definite shift in attitude among the fans.
And the players: it was pretty clear after Thomas' one-handed catch while being draped that the players would go to bat for Moore. There was a totally different attitude on the field as well.

I don't give a flying **** what anybody thinks of Moore but this year with the QBs we have he gives us the best chance to score and win. If people did not see anything positive in the less than a half he played you have not watch that game. He came out like a winner:
- down by 14
- no running game
- use my weapons (receivers)
- deliver

Did everyone raise their games? Or did the QB play just improve? You might be right....but what I saw was Matt Moore setting his feet, standing tall and driving the ball down the field. He didn't play scared and he wasn't afraid to take a hit. He also made some very ballsy throws....like that back shoulder to Landry which was a thing of beauty. I also felt Gase opened up the entire playbook for Moore....he hasn't done that for Cutler.
Combination of things. Better chemistry with receivers. No more throws behind receivers. Willing to stand and deliver, willing to take hits. Gase opens the playbook with him. OL try harder to protect, don't want to see the third string on the field. Same with receivers. All these small things add up together makes a big difference.

Yep, a 114.1 QB rating should be your guy.....oh, wait, that was Cutler today.
'
Nevermind.
Moore had a 102.9 with more yards (in less time) and a better YPA. Your argument is weak.

Oh and in regards the difference between the QBs and how much more accurate Moore is you can actually see at Moore's interception. Moore released the ball in time (before Fasano makes the cut) and if Fasano runs the correct route (cut to the inside) that ball hits him right in the numbers and the DB is not even close. Cutler always waited until the receiver made his cut. That is way too late.
And yes it was Fasano's fault because he walked off the field tapping his own chest.

Back
Top Bottom