I’d like to trust Miami Dolphins’ plan, front office – but here’s why I can’t | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d like to trust Miami Dolphins’ plan, front office – but here’s why I can’t

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Mike Tannenbaum, Stephen Ross, Ndamukong Suh, Joe Philbin and Dennis Hickey when Suh joined the Dolphins.
Mike Tannenbaum was talking about the long-range vision subscribed to in the Dolphins’ front office. In doing so, he threw out terms like “macroeconomic modeling” the decision-makers were piecing together. He talked about how cap management is an “allocation of resources.”
“To have sustainable success in a cap system, you’re going to have to hit on your draft choices,” he said. “We want to retain as many of those as reasonably possible. With that said, over time, some of those players are going to graduate, which, if and when they do, you want to celebrate it. That means they’ve been drafted well, they’ve been coached well, they’ve been developed well.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...phins-plan-front-office-but-heres-why-i-cant/

Hey, it's working, our good players are already graduating! Somebody grab the party poppers.

Tannenbaum is a typical Manhattan con man who spouts all sorts of utter nonsense to dupe rubes into giving them power they don't deserve and aren't qualified to hold... It's a major problem these days...

Tbums history with the Browns and Jets are what make this toxic. If he was a rookie GM I would hold out hope. Iteland was a huge improvement to this guy even if your in the Ireland sucks camp. I really want a winless season at this point so Ross will be forced to move on from this guy.

I feel this organization has to hit big on a quarterback. That's still the best way to sustain winning over a long period of time.

As George Santayana espoused, He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it.

It's clear that Tannenbaum didn't learn a damn thing from his abject failures in New Jersey. As a matter of fact, having a self-made Billionaire salvage him from the league dumpster must have given him reason to self-validate his past decisions as being the right ones without enough time to come to fruition. I can only surmise that because he's been doing the same damn things again, down to promising rainbows but shitting out rain clouds

HERE IS THE THING:

If we are finally trying to be responsible with the salary cap, that's actually GREAT. But this is how we do it? We want to fix the team's culture and MIKE POUNCEY IS STILL ON THE ROSTER? REALLY?

We want to fix the salary cap and we get rid of our best player and not some of the underperforming BUMS we handed out huge contracts to? Get outta here.

With that said, over time, some of those players are going to graduate, which, if and when they do, you want to celebrate it. That means they’ve been drafted well, they’ve been coached well, they’ve been developed well.”

Sounds like he is running a minor league farm system.

Oh wait, he is.

HERE IS THE THING:

If we are finally trying to be responsible with the salary cap, that's actually GREAT. But this is how we do it? We want to fix the team's culture and MIKE POUNCEY IS STILL ON THE ROSTER? REALLY?

We want to fix the salary cap and we get rid of our best player and not some of the underperforming BUMS we handed out huge contracts to? Get outta here.

And just like a woman who paid off a credit card, she can't wait to max it out again so she can make her minimum payments on new ****.

HERE IS THE THING:

Right. The franchise is dominated by incompetent clowns creating the illusion ((semblance)) of... (((odor or chaos?

Is it Best in Breed? Best in Show? Or... What dog are we supposed to be??? >>> asking Ross the Clown

BNF.

I’m torn on all of this. I don’t like Tbaum, his track record sucks, and I don’t see that changing.

That being said: Landry wasn’t worth the $$$, and while the draft picks acquired for Jarvis aren’t exactly sexy, Miami managed to do 2 positive things in that situation: They didn’t drastically overpay Landry and they at least managed to get something for him. I’m fine with Cutting Suh as well. We’re a team that’s coming off a 6-10 season, have been horrible against the run, while paying a DT starting QB money.

I’m fine with having jettisoned Landry, Suh, and even Ajayi and I’m actually surprised Tbaum has shown the balls to make these decisions. Obviously, it all hinges on what happens next. If Miami parlays the money saved from Landry/Suh into some competent, reasonably priced FA acquisitions, they might actually be able to improve this roster. If they in turn then use the acquisitions of extra draft picks correctly, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this team could actually go into next season in a much better position than I ever thought possible.

Obviously, that’s giving Tbaum/Ross more faith than they deserve, but think about this: This team could be welcoming back a healthy Tannehill, a healthy McMillian, Drake in his first full year of being “The Man” and maybe they turn the Landry/Suh subtractions into 3 or 4 starters in need areas. If they actually find a way to not bungle up the draft, why couldn’t this team be better than 6-10 while becoming quite a bit younger across the board?

Any one who trusts the organization to make good football moves is beyond naive. Also, Tannehill better be taking a pay cut or just getting cut. Makes no sense to make all these moves and then pay that loser 15+million a year.

Back
Top Bottom