[Idea] Trade up to #4 if Calvin is off the board? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Idea] Trade up to #4 if Calvin is off the board?

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know Gruden has said that he may take a QB in the 1st round if available, but if Calvin Johnson is off the board, which is the player IMO he's targetting the most, I think a possible trade for our #9 and Chris Chambers can make him bite, which will put us in better position to grab Brady Quinn without having to lose a draft pick.

What do you guys think? Would you do it?

No. If Quinn gets by Cleveland, we will not need to trade up, esp to #4. Let Tampa pick and Arizona, then trade with the redskins....if you need to trade up at all. Personally, I dont see anyone taking Quinn besides the browns or detroit.

No. If Quinn gets by Cleveland, we will not need to trade up, esp to #4. Let Tampa pick and Arizona, then trade with the redskins....if you need to trade up at all. Personally, I dont see anyone taking Quinn besides the browns or detroit.

Thank you!!! If he makes it past 3, he's ours at #9 IMO.

Me neither. But Minnesota can be unpredictable. I wouldn't make the trade in any case. CC is too much to give up for Quinn.

CC ain't that great..., even when he set the world on fire he dropped more than his share..., send him instead of a high draft pick

If it was for Peterson or Russell I'd do it in a New York Minute.

You would trade UP to draft Adrian Peterson? :err: We need a LT, LG, NT, DBs, WR, QB, and TE. We drafted Ronnie Brown at #2 a few years ago and you would trade UP to #4 to take Adrian Peterson? Huh? :confused:

You would trade UP to draft Adrian Peterson? :err: We need a LT, LG, NT, DBs, WR, QB, and TE. We drafted Ronnie Brown at #2 a few years ago and you would trade UP to #4 to take Adrian Peterson? Huh? :confused:

Yes I would...Peterson brings instant value...either by keeping him or by trading him to a team down the draft.

Yes I would...Peterson brings instant value...either by keeping him or by trading him to a team down the draft.
:lol: So we are going to KEEP him or trade up to pick a player and then trade that player to trade back DOWN in the draft? Rather counter-productive.

Why in the world would you EVER draft a player at #4 who is going to split playing time with another top 5 pick player when you have HUGE holes at other positions? There is nothing wrong with Ronnie.

Now, if you said trade up to #4 to get Joe Thomas or Russell, then ok, Ill agree to that, but definately not Peterson. :lol:

Im willing to put money that we will NOT trade up in the draft to take Peterson.

:lol: So we are going to KEEP him or trade up to pick a player and then trade that player to trade back DOWN in the draft? Rather counter-productive.

Why in the world would you EVER draft a player at #4 who is going to split playing time with another top 5 pick player when you have HUGE holes at other positions? There is nothing wrong with Ronnie.

Now, if you said trade up to #4 to get Joe Thomas or Russell, then ok, Ill agree to that, but definately not Peterson. :lol:

Im willing to put money that we will NOT trade up in the draft to take Peterson.

I believe it would cost us far less than what a team like GB or the Giants would pay for Peterson...if we traded up to get him. Ask Mueller what was wrong with Ricky...when he traded for another running back...and then traded Ricky for 2-1st and a mid round pick.

I believe it would cost us far less than what a team like GB or the Giants would pay for Peterson...if we traded up to get him. Ask Mueller what was wrong with Ricky...when he traded for another running back...and then traded Ricky for 2-1st and a mid round pick.

Its going to "cost" the same amount. The #4 pick has a set value. Whoever trades for the #4 pick (if anyone) is going to haveto give up the same overall value. GB or the Giants will have to give up the same equivalent amount in value to get to #4 as we would. Look up the draft value chart. Its not going to be cheaper for us to move up.

Are you suggesting we trade Ronnie and move up and draft Peterson? Im not following your logic (or lack thereof)

Me neither. But Minnesota can be unpredictable. I wouldn't make the trade in any case. CC is too much to give up for Quinn.

We know what we have in Chambers - a consistant underachiever. How can you not give that up for a potential star QB?

Its going to "cost" the same amount. The #4 pick has a set value. Whoever trades for the #4 pick (if anyone) is going to haveto give up the same overall value. GB or the Giants will have to give up the same equivalent amount in value to get to #4 as we would. Look up the draft value chart. Its not going to be cheaper for us to move up.

Are you suggesting we trade Ronnie and move up and draft Peterson? Im not following your logic (or lack thereof)

Ricky most likely will be traded to the Rams...IF the Dolphins select Peterson...at four...they could keep him for a year with Ronnie...and then trade either one of them for picks that could help us get a better QB, next year.

Back
Top Bottom