If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think TJ Watt could have a bigger impact on a defense than lamp would on a offense. Therefore give me TJ Watt, love the fire he plays with, we goina need that fire to replace Wake.

I think TJ Watt could have a bigger impact on a defense than lamp would on a offense. Therefore give me TJ Watt, love the fire he plays with, we goina need that fire to replace Wake.

Considering Watt's ideal fit is a 3-4 outside linebacker, I would have to disagree with that. He'd be a two down sam with the Dolphins. No way is that more impactful than what Lamp would provide as a plug and play left guard day 1. Having Tunsil and Lamp locking down the left side for the next 6 to 8 years would be sensational.

Considering Watt's ideal fit is a 3-4 outside linebacker, I would have to disagree with that. He'd be a two down sam with the Dolphins. No way is that more impactful than what Lamp would provide as a plug and play left guard day 1. Having Tunsil and Lamp locking down the left side for the next 6 to 8 years would be sensational.

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Lamp for the reasons you stated above but our D needs way more help than our O. I think we have to draft defense first 2 rounds. As much as I would love to draft TE and G to fully load the offense we just cant neglect the glaring needs on D

You don't draft 1st round projects only guys who you believe can start day 1 if lamp is that guy you take him

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Lamp for the reasons you stated above but our D needs way more help than our O. I think we have to draft defense first 2 rounds. As much as I would love to draft TE and G to fully load the offense we just cant neglect the glaring needs on D

We need help in both. While our defense gave up a lot of yards, Our scoring defense was closer to being average, than our scoring offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually really love your list. Watt would be my #1 as well. Absolutely love the player and he could possibly line up as a DE in passing downs. Lots of versatility there.

I know TE isn't a huge immediate need, but I'd have Njoku on my list as well.

I'd add Willis and, honestly, I think he's the player Miami ends up drafting.

i'll go with taco or willis or I'm all about trading down and acquiring a 3rd rounder

willis has outside shoulder win and shows the physical tools to develop a spin move and a inside redirect counter...although if you have outside shoulder win really the only other thing you need is a bull rush

where we are picking your odds of landing a top 5 pass rusher are less likely than landing a franchise qb....

so I will go for an 8 t 12 sack upside type projects every down de in taco or willis and if not im getting out if possible

I too am a huge Willis fan. I hope he is there in the second round for us and we grab him. He is Gase's type of player. Imagine Reddick in the first followed by Willis in the second???? Wow, our defense would be in good shape for several years.

If you want Willis (like me) you better draft him rd 1... doubt Reddick makes it to 22 also and Willis is iffy to make it to us also IMO.

After watching a decent amount of his tape i'm honestly not against taking B Baker with our first rounder.

Taco and Willis seem like inflated JAGs to me. Maybe I need to watch more but they seem like straight line pass rushers and don't look very fast off the edge. At 22 I want an impact player not to reach at a position of need. What are you guys, specifically Hoops, seeing with these 2 players that Im missing??

I voted TJ Watt based off of the list you provided...Although (as in my top 5 above) I would rather go Willis or Bowser. Both are physical freaks and display good tools. Obviously, they are not complete players, but if you are looking for an edge player at 22, you can either go with a Physical freak that needs a little coaching or a guy with good tools but lacks the athleticism.

If you are hoping to land a very good pass rusher in the back end of round one, this is the draft to do it. I like Lamp and Peppers, but you don't pass up on an edge guy who would project in the top 15 in most drafts if he is there at 22...just like the fins were smart to not pass on a top 3 player in Tunsil last year.

Poll should probably include option for a trade down with a team that wants to leapfrog the Texans to draft a QB. I'd consider that.

If the draft goes similar to NFL.com's Lance Ziering's latest mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-drafts/lance-zierlein/340705

and the top players I'd want at #22 are gone, then I'd look hard at other options.

Most of the players you guys list I see as more late first / early second round. I think you wait til the draft and see what's at #22. Then you weigh the value of the players available vs what you can get by trading down.

I feel like someone might trade into the 20's to snatch up a falling QB this year as the QBs this year aren't really top of the first prospects but definitely have more value the later it goes into the first.

I really want Lamp. And I know hes a guard and you typically don't draft guards in the first, but its not like we have a very high 1st rounder this year. IMO this years 1st is close enough to a 2nd rounder that you can ignore that rule. Also I want the offense to be complete after this season. No more glaring holes that we have to roll with.

Others have said it before me but... I love Lamp!

Back
Top Bottom