If I had to go OL 1st round, mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I had to go OL 1st round, mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Xavier Sua-Filo

"[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Quick out of his stance. Effective pass blocker -- can bend his knees, extend and mirror in short area. Generates movement in the run game. Can work his hips and maneuver to gain positioning. Good foot athlete. Can pull, trap, combo block and step to the second level. Durable three-year starter. Has played guard and tackle." nfl.com

If I had to go with an OL first round, then it would be a guard. Plug this guy in the starting lineup day 1 with Albert and Pouncey on his sides pushing him and teaching him along the way. Shelley Smith and Thomas can battle for the RG spot, and we can get some talent later in the draft to compete with Fox at RT.

2. Telvin Smith LB, Florida St.

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Fiery on-field emotional leader. Plays with passion and it shows -- beelines to the ball and brings energy to the defense. Very good eyes, anticipation and instincts -- sniffs out screens, takes good cut-off angles and negotiates through traffic easily. Plays downhill and often arrives behind the line of scrimmage before ball carriers see him. Outstanding functional football-playing speed. Fluid mover. Outstanding closing speed to the ball. Reliable open-field tackler -- runs through contact. Good coverage skill -- shadows receivers and has a feel for zones. Very likeable, gregarious personality that can unite a locker room and command the LB group. Has been very durable (despite lack of thickness). Has learned what it means to work, and football comes easy to him."

This guy looks fraekin scary. We need a fiery leader on our defense, and Smith has some great intangibles to work with.

3. De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR Oregon

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Has legit big-time sprinter's speed with very quick turnover and is field-fast. Cat-quick to the corner, accelerates very quickly and can easily take the perimeter. Good vision and cutback ability -- is patient and follows his blocks. Can tightrope-walk the sideline. Very quick to and through the hole once he sees a crease and can stick his foot in the dirt and go. Catches in stride with ease and can make difficult one-handed snags (see Arizona). Has home-run speed in the return game, with three career return TDs. Exceptional pro day performance."

our Randall Cobb, x-factor. Wallace on a 9 and this guy in the flats, what are you going to do?

4. Will Sutton DL Arizona St.

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Very good athlete. Good body control and balance. Feels blocking pressure and finds the ball quickly. Effective spin move. Shoots gaps and makes plays behind the line. Flattens down the line and can range to the sideline. Strong tackler and athletic enough to string down backs in space. Outstanding career sack production (20.5) from the interior."

No idea if he goes this low, but if he's still here I take him no questions asked. Get's into the pocket like no other, and is very aggressive.

5. Isaiah Lewis SS Michigan St.

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Terrific motor -- supports the run aggressively and gives consistent effort in pursuit. Plays bigger than his size and throws his weight around — pounces on ball carriers. Good zone awareness. Makes plays on the ball and has good hands to make athletic interceptions. Physical and competitive. Made secondary calls and is football smart. Has special-teams experience. Tough, durable three-year starter."

Gives us some depth in the secondary, I like how downhill and aggressive he plays. Solid special teams player with upside to be like a Donte Whitner imo.

6. Charles Leno Jr. OT Boise St.

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Outstanding arm length. Solid base in pass protection and can bump, steer and mirror. Understands fit and positioning. Can work up to the second level with ease. Flashes pop in his punch. Very durable, experienced three-year starter."

we are supposed to have one of the best OL coaches now so time to show us what you can do with some late round tackles.
7. Crockett Gillmore TE Colorado St.

"
[h=4]STRENGTHS[/h] Has a good compact frame with long arms and big hands. Chippy, competitive blocker -- latches on and plays through the whistle. Good finisher. Natural hands catcher. Catches in a crowd and will shake off a hit and run through contact. Rises to a challenge and matched up well as a base blocker vs. Alabama's Adrian Hubbard. Functional positional, pass protector. Very durable."

6'6 260 redzone target for Tannehill and puts Egnew on the hot seat lol.

With the top guard taken in the 1st, why take a RT within the next immediate rounds? We have other needs to address as well. Also, Mckinnie is also still out there and if Fox buckles and the late rounder isn't ready to go we can always just pick up the phone; he played solid for us.

Sorry bud, not a fan of that draft. I don't want a lineman in round one unless they trade back and I don't want a guy that can only play guard.

I like what I read about Telvin Smith. I also wouldn't be unhappy with XSF.

Back
Top Bottom