If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen...

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Do we go NT in the first round? Or do we go FS to replace Hill?

Jason Allen is not proven yet. he may end up staying as a corner, but I really think the Dolphins need to find a shut-down corner in the 1st round of the draft.

Then, I would address WR and Safety positions. I really think you can find good values of WR and safety in the later rounds. But, great corners are hard to find.

Free safety for sure, I think we have enough depth at NT to develop one of them into a decent player

Well, its to early to talk about the draft next year, but I think we need to go WR in the first round, then secondary and d-line in the second, regardless of J-Allens play

I'm starting to wonder if we really need a receiver first round .. really we're putting up 20-30 points a game, but our secondary hasn't been able to contain teams in the passing games

I'm starting to wonder if we really need a receiver first round .. really we're putting up 20-30 points a game, but our secondary hasn't been able to contain teams in the passing games

the other thign is also that penny has also been slowing down the WR. so if with henne they perform well we might not be as desperate for starting WR as we think. I think we need 1 starter opposite Ginn and a coupel for depth but thast about it.

miami WILL NOT go WR or CB round 1. We will go for either Cody if he manages to get into 1st round OR we will go LBer which is what i think will happen. Besides porter we have zero pass rushers and no speed in that core/playmakers. a MLB and a OLB will be achieved this year as new Backs for next year.

a guy likr curry, or orakpo or maluaga for this pass rush would be very nice. thats the way they go i bet.

Since we have two 2nd round picks I would go with a FS/ILB in the first round, then a CB and FS/ILB in round two. But I really do believe Jason Allen will continue to do well. Nnamdi Asomugha 2.0!

I say get laverneous Coles down here with Penny and take one away from the rival in the process. Then draft the best player on the board minus QB/RB. Its as simple as that when it comes to the first round. Never draft according to position unless you know they can contribute bigtime right away and for a long time.

Ginn showed us today he has arrived or at least proven he can hang with the big boys. Penny just discovering him? I read somewhere that said he was wide open alot last week but missed.

Do we go NT in the first round? Or do we go FS to replace Hill?

Today it was Goodman who played a great game. JA was a nickle package CB. I think this D could be real good if we just stay with alot of these nickle packages. I notice we play better defense that way even though a team may run on us at times.

Ravens game is a great example of why we need to go WR still. Run was completely shut down, and it was up to the passing game to make it happen. They simply weren't getting open. Even if Ginn ends up developing into a legit #1, we would still need another good WR opposite him. As it stands, Camarillo would be best suited in the slot, in a Wes Welker type role......

i'd take laverneus coles in a heartbeat opposite ginn with london developing as the slot/jumper. we need to go allout defense and build a monster:

1. NT or S (whichever is the better value. hoping thats NT. we need a TIMBO 2.0. this pick needs to start from day 1)
2a. S or NT
2b. ILB/CB (again, target value over position)
3. CB/ILB

not to mention the picks we get for trading Joey Porter at his peak :):
1b. bpa
3b. bpa

just kidding.

I wasn't aware that we were already planning on getting a first round receiver. Its obvious that we need talent there but a lot of mid-level guys can be found in free agency. Its much easier to mask a weakness at receiver (which is what we have done) than to have a hole in the secondary that can be exploited.

And, for the record, Ginn is what we got the last time at receiver in the first round. I realize that Jason Allen is the last secondary player we got, but he has gotten yanked around so much that its hard to know what he's got. We aren't going anywhere until we get some playmakers in the pass game on our defense.

Ravens game is a great example of why we need to go WR still. Run was completely shut down, and it was up to the passing game to make it happen. They simply weren't getting open. Even if Ginn ends up developing into a legit #1, we would still need another good WR opposite him. As it stands, Camarillo would be best suited in the slot, in a Wes Welker type role......

clearly you havent watched the game or anything post game vs teh ravens. Ginn adn Camarillio were open SEVERAL times vs the ravens but Penny nevre threw it to them. why u think all that drama (minor drama) went down with penny's decisions in that game. this game he forced himself to throw it and we got 314 or so yards passing. its not all teh WR fault bro. stop blaiming thigns u dont know about.

Dont see Allen the answer either. Wasted Saban pick, well wasted 1ST RD'er. He may become a decent nickel corner but not starter. I think a corner/S has to be top priority in FA/Draft. Allen not the answer as a starting CB IMO.

Back
Top Bottom