If Miami were to take Chance Warmack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami were to take Chance Warmack

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
how many of you would be having another protest? what if we added Greg Jennings, Dustin Keller, and Keenan Lewis? btw Warmack is Mike Mayock's #1 rated player in the whole draft

Only asking because I don't know the answer, but how would he be as a zone blocker? At 320 he seems a little heavy at guard, but I understand he's special

It's not really a chance we'd be taking, he'll be a pro-bowler.

It would depend on several things, who we sign as free agents, who we let leave, and how we value the player for the pick. If we sign a WR and TE, then let Long leave, Warmack makes sense. If we sign Levitre, keep LOng, and no skill players then that's a different story and another O lineman is gratuitous.

It's not really a chance we'd be taking, he'll be a pro-bowler.
I think he will be very good , would prefer Milliner but no way he makes it to #12... an OL of Long Incognito Pouncey Warmack Martin sounds pretty damn good if you ask me

Can Warmack play LT? .... cuz if Jake Long goes elsewhere we either have to move Martin there, draft another LT, or maybe do some other O-line shuffle if we take Warmack. I would prefer to go with Lane Johnson at LT if we take a lineman, or wait until round two to get a LT.

I wouldn't be upset.

Fill needs in free agency; build through the draft. Lots of people think he's the best prospect, period.

If he's the BPA you pull the trigger. This is assuming all the top Playmekers are already off the board. He seems like the best guard prospect since Steve Hutchinson and he was All-Pro every year!!! I just hope for the team and Irelands sake that we get Wallace or Jennings in FA. That way we're not forced to take a WR earlier than they should be taken. Doesn't it just seem like we have more holes going into the Draft every year. Please get us Playmakers this year Ireland!!!

I wouldnt protest, but only because id be running into traffic. While on fire.

how many of you would be having another protest? what if we added Greg Jennings, Dustin Keller, and Keenan Lewis? btw Warmack is Mike Mayock's #1 rated player in the whole draft

I've already updated my Mock Offseason/Draft with Chance Warmack as my guy officially. In fact, I believe with this scenario, we become a better and more explosive team all around. We solidify the OL for Tannehill, Miller, and the running backs. And we should go after Mike Wallace imo gungho as he is basically going to give us what Cordarrelle Patterson is going to give us, except he's already a proven while young commodity. And we can still grab Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd round to have a WR corps of: Wallace and Goodwin added to Hartline, Matthews, Bess, and Binns.

Then we go gungho for Dustin Keller to pit with Clay, Egnew, and Kevin Miller...with Lane at FB.

So you have speed demons in Wallace and Goodwin to pit with architects Hartline and Bess and a developing Matthews and a big red zone target in Armon Binns.

You'll have potentially 3 seam threats in the middle with Keller, Clay, and Egnew all with Miller, a draft pick, Thomas, Gray, and some Thigpen all behind a strong solidified OL of Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Warmack, and Martin with an athletic Yeatman, Samuda, and Jerry as the versatile backup linemen.

You've solidified and added explosiveness to the Offense while giving it a great OL to work its magic with. It's a no brainer.

The Defense, which is already nasty should have a stronger Vernon to compete with say a Sam Montgomery or Alex Okafor to rush the passer opposite Wake while bringing back Starks with Odrick spelling him and Solia with Randall inside.

Our LBs are already good, we can grab a LB or two in the late rounds to groom behind Burnett and Dansby while Philbin seems to see promise in Josh Kaddu.

So we we're worrying about thw secondary?

First, our Safeties are solid. Jones and bring back Clemons and you see what Kelcie has or you move Wilson back there to back them up or bring back Amaya if one of them aren't taking the next step up. We can always also draft a FS in the later rounds too for depth and competition.

The CBs shouldn't be so hard to fix. Bring back Sean Smith. Restructure Dimitri Patterson to play NB and let McCann battle it out with Carroll or Wilson and the 2nd round draft pick for the remaining backup spots and you come to this decision "prior" to the draft on of Richard Marshall is going to be healthy enough to start opposite Smith. If so, you're set while developing the 2nd round pick with Patterson and say McCann. If not, you dump Marshall's salary, saving $3.2mil and you put that with say $2mil more and you give that to a Derek Cox or Lewis or some good starting CB that hits FA. Voila! Your 2013 Miami Dolphins ready to rock! :D

If we got him at 12 that would be an absolute steal. He would be BPA at that point and I wouldn't have any problem taking him there whatsoever.

I actually prefer Warmack over Patterson. Warmack is worth a 1st, I don't think Patterson is. I think Patterson will end up being more "hype" than "production." I have seen some things in his game that makes me think he may be a prima donna too.

I wouldn't be upset at all. Our guard situation sucks and Warmack is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom