If Miami were to take Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fanfin, Feb 18, 2013.

1. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

how many of you would be having another protest? what if we added Greg Jennings, Dustin Keller, and Keenan Lewis? btw Warmack is Mike Mayock's #1 rated player in the whole draft

2. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

Only asking because I don't know the answer, but how would he be as a zone blocker? At 320 he seems a little heavy at guard, but I understand he's special

3. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

It's not really a chance we'd be taking, he'll be a pro-bowler.

4. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

It would depend on several things, who we sign as free agents, who we let leave, and how we value the player for the pick. If we sign a WR and TE, then let Long leave, Warmack makes sense. If we sign Levitre, keep LOng, and no skill players then that's a different story and another O lineman is gratuitous.

5. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

I think he will be very good , would prefer Milliner but no way he makes it to #12... an OL of Long Incognito Pouncey Warmack Martin sounds pretty damn good if you ask me

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Can Warmack play LT? .... cuz if Jake Long goes elsewhere we either have to move Martin there, draft another LT, or maybe do some other O-line shuffle if we take Warmack. I would prefer to go with Lane Johnson at LT if we take a lineman, or wait until round two to get a LT.

7. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

I wouldn't be upset.

Fill needs in free agency; build through the draft. Lots of people think he's the best prospect, period.

8. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

If he's the BPA you pull the trigger. This is assuming all the top Playmekers are already off the board. He seems like the best guard prospect since Steve Hutchinson and he was All-Pro every year!!! I just hope for the team and Irelands sake that we get Wallace or Jennings in FA. That way we're not forced to take a WR earlier than they should be taken. Doesn't it just seem like we have more holes going into the Draft every year. Please get us Playmakers this year Ireland!!!

9. ac_lanham

ac_lanham The Comeback Kid

Is Warmack agile enough to play in a zone blocking scheme? That's the question

10. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

He's one of the guys I'd like at 12.

11. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

I wouldnt protest, but only because id be running into traffic. While on fire.

12. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

I've already updated my Mock Offseason/Draft with Chance Warmack as my guy officially. In fact, I believe with this scenario, we become a better and more explosive team all around. We solidify the OL for Tannehill, Miller, and the running backs. And we should go after Mike Wallace imo gungho as he is basically going to give us what Cordarrelle Patterson is going to give us, except he's already a proven while young commodity. And we can still grab Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd round to have a WR corps of: Wallace and Goodwin added to Hartline, Matthews, Bess, and Binns.

Then we go gungho for Dustin Keller to pit with Clay, Egnew, and Kevin Miller...with Lane at FB.

So you have speed demons in Wallace and Goodwin to pit with architects Hartline and Bess and a developing Matthews and a big red zone target in Armon Binns.

You'll have potentially 3 seam threats in the middle with Keller, Clay, and Egnew all with Miller, a draft pick, Thomas, Gray, and some Thigpen all behind a strong solidified OL of Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Warmack, and Martin with an athletic Yeatman, Samuda, and Jerry as the versatile backup linemen.

You've solidified and added explosiveness to the Offense while giving it a great OL to work its magic with. It's a no brainer.

The Defense, which is already nasty should have a stronger Vernon to compete with say a Sam Montgomery or Alex Okafor to rush the passer opposite Wake while bringing back Starks with Odrick spelling him and Solia with Randall inside.

Our LBs are already good, we can grab a LB or two in the late rounds to groom behind Burnett and Dansby while Philbin seems to see promise in Josh Kaddu.

So we we're worrying about thw secondary?

First, our Safeties are solid. Jones and bring back Clemons and you see what Kelcie has or you move Wilson back there to back them up or bring back Amaya if one of them aren't taking the next step up. We can always also draft a FS in the later rounds too for depth and competition.

The CBs shouldn't be so hard to fix. Bring back Sean Smith. Restructure Dimitri Patterson to play NB and let McCann battle it out with Carroll or Wilson and the 2nd round draft pick for the remaining backup spots and you come to this decision "prior" to the draft on of Richard Marshall is going to be healthy enough to start opposite Smith. If so, you're set while developing the 2nd round pick with Patterson and say McCann. If not, you dump Marshall's salary, saving $3.2mil and you put that with say $2mil more and you give that to a Derek Cox or Lewis or some good starting CB that hits FA. Voila! Your 2013 Miami Dolphins ready to rock! :D

13. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

If we got him at 12 that would be an absolute steal. He would be BPA at that point and I wouldn't have any problem taking him there whatsoever.

14. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

I actually prefer Warmack over Patterson. Warmack is worth a 1st, I don't think Patterson is. I think Patterson will end up being more "hype" than "production." I have seen some things in his game that makes me think he may be a prima donna too.

15. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

I wouldn't be upset at all. Our guard situation sucks and Warmack is awesome.

16. KippyIA1354

KippyIA1354 Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

I have no problem with it at all, the guy might be arguably the best guard in the draft since Larry Allen, this guy is a roadgrader!! He made Manti T'eo look like a ragdoll in the National Championship! Take him at #12 and take Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round! I'm by no means a Alabama fan, but with Lamar Miller and Eddie Lacy toting the rock with Wallace or Jennings on the outside, with our quality possession receivers, I'd feel really good about that improvement!

17. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

This thread just begs for a music background, lol. So, here you go...

Link: Take a Chance!

:)

LD

18. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

19. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

If we sign Wallace/Jennings and Lewis, sure.

If not, **** no.

20. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

They will not take him.

21. iwastherein72

iwastherein72 Well-Known Member

Jake Long was too.

Look where that got us.

22. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

All depends on FA.

If we lock up Jennings/Wallace and say Dustin Keller at TE. I'm all for it. Incog is gone most likely and Martin slides to LT, draft RT in the 3rd. CB and DE in 2nd round.

23. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Agreed, but would prefer.......... Long-Warmack-Pouncey-Incognito-Martin. This way you help make that left side that much better, and more dependable, while in switching Incognito to the right, you add more nastiness next to Martin, to make it better running to the right side.

24. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

We need to shore up our damn O-Line once and for all, but it depends on who is still at #12. To take him and say his is worth it no. Who is still on the board at the time matters a lot.

25. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

I wouldn't mind at all, our o-line kinda sucks so he would be a nice fit.

26. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Sorry to disagree but I'd slot Jerry before Incog.

27. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

It's a shame Ireland has neglected the skills positions so much. If he hadn't, we'd be in position to take advantage of one of the strongest OL drafts in a while. As it stands, our OL is still in shambles, and we have next to nothing as far as the skill positions go. I can guarantee the BPA at 12 is going to be an OL, and we'll be forced to take something else because of prior mismanagement...

28. Imperium

Imperium FinHeaven VIP

well if he's the best player avaliable do it. But if Long resigns, we could have the most expensive OL in the league in a few years & still not make the playoffs.

29. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Techniclly he's the BPA

30. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Im a little surprised your saying that about Johnson but I am thinking a couple things on the shuffle. They put Yeatman at LT and keep Martin at RT and get Warmack. I know its hard to fathom at this point but Philbin has been getting him ready and I hear he is buff at 300+. He did it with Robert Gallery in college turning him from TE to LT.

Or has been mentioned, which I am not fond of, and that is Jerry moved to RT

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  31. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Honestly with the WR's in this years draft, there really isn't a sure #1 to take. There alot of potentially good receivers but no really exciting one. I would be ok with us taking a lineman, if he really is that good. Thats how you build GREAT teams, you take the pieces as they become available and you don't reach or break the bank trying for one.

32. clutch

clutch Active Member

I wont be upset if,
    - Top 3 LTs are ALL gone at 12
    - Dee Milliner is gone

33. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time to leave the "safe pick" cubby hole and make a move, especially since the safe picks have gotten us to this point.

34. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

We cannot take Warmack at 12. It's the safe play and the safe play doesn't cut if you don't have a bonafide QB at the helm.

The only players you can take at 12 at IMPACT positions. The following positions are ones that have more impact on a game:

Franchise QB
    Playmaking WR (think TDs and chunk yards)
    Home Run All-Purpose RB
    Ballhawk/Shutdown DB
    Stellar Passrusher

Just ask yourself, what is the Drop of from Joe Thomas to Bryant McKinnie?
    How about the drop off from Joe Flacco to Brandon Weeden?

We have to get an Impact player this year at 12. Ireland needs to grow a pair and pass up an excellent OG for a potential game changer.

35. CSONKA1966

CSONKA1966 Well-Known Member

In this draft with few true superstars, if we are lucky enough to have warmack fall to 12, you jump on it. Pouncey,Warmack,and martin you have 3 very good young o-line man, mixed in with a young qb.

36. JRoX85

JRoX85 Well-Known Member

Why? Our guards played solid last year, so heck no!!!!

37. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

I cant imagine Detroit passing on Warmack...

38. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

I think Warmack is an impact player. He just happens to be a guard. If he is there at twelve I say take him...

39. Dolphin Dave

Dolphin Dave Scout Team

I honestly would be cool with him at 12 assuming he has the mobility to play in the zone scheme. If Miami picks him then they are convinced that he can. Watching him play was like watching a man among boys out there and he was doing it against top notch talent week in and week out. You can plug him in as a starter on day one and have a pro bowl caliber player protecting Tannehill and blowing open monster holes for Miller to run through. Tannehill showed a lot of promise last season but he was pressured a lot up the middle. He didn't have a lot of room to step up and avoid pressure from the edges. I don't care what anyone says, protecting him is a good investment.

i know a lot of people want to see WR @12 but most seem to forget that the failure rate is generally high at that position and that it is not unusual for it to take a couple of years for WR's to develop. I would rather double down on WR in the 2nd & 3rd round.

40. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

if he played as well as Pouncey... it would be hard to say no thanks