If Ricky plays like Ricky of 2002, what is the MOST we could get for him in a trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky plays like Ricky of 2002, what is the MOST we could get for him in a trade?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Considering he probably wont play more than 3 years..

A 2nd round pick?

If he's only going to play a few years, I'd keep him. Ronnie could learn a lot from the 2002 version of Ricky.

If Ricky plays like he did in 02 and some team out there is desperate for a seasoned RB, we could possibly rip off another team like NO did to us.

SkapePhin said:
Considering he probably wont play more than 3 years..

A 2nd round pick?
Whatever we might get for him will be conditional almost guarenteed. So we would need to trade him somewhere he'd be the featured back and hope for the best.

Why trade him? Ronnie is not the runner that Ricky is. Not even close. Ronnie is more versitile, and is a better reciever- but he does not have the explosion that Ricky does.

Also, running backs dont get squat in trades. Look at Edge and Alexander- nobody was willing to give up anything for them.

Jnaledu3 said:
Why trade him? Ronnie is not the runner that Ricky is. Not even close. Ronnie is more versitile, and is a better reciever- but he does not have the explosion that Ricky does.

We'll see. I think if going into the season without anything to base it on beyond his college career, "burst" is not a concern; it would be "awareness" or "vision". RopeWeed had it all, no question, but if you attempted to identify a potential shortcoming of Ronnie Brown, you missed the mark.

If he runs like he did in 2002 we should just keep him for the remainder of his time left in the NFL which is probably 2-3 more years/......I doubt we could get anything of value for him so we are better off keeping him and having him teach Ronnie how it is done...I just hope Ricky can give us a few years and stay off the weed. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Ricky of 2002, It just continues to amaze me that we didn't make the playoffs with the 10th greatest season by a running back in the history of the NFL. Absolutely frikkin amazing. :fire: :yell: :fire:

That is what you get when you cant win in December and u happen to be in THE toughest confernce/division in the NFL

FinFan90 said:
That is what you get when you cant win in December and u happen to be in THE toughest confernce/division in the NFL

Thats what you get when Wannys your coach and Fiedler is your QB.

Back
Top Bottom