If Saban takes the job, how long do you think he takes to call Ricky? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban takes the job, how long do you think he takes to call Ricky?

Semedi said:
You're as high as Ricky is. Saban is a total class act, a disciplinarian, and a man of values. If you think he would let someone like Ricky anywhere near Pro Player Stadium, let alone as a actual player of the team, you need a reality check. Saban demands that his players not only play the game well but that they also present themselves as upstanding members of society to the outside world when off the field. He would hate having someone like Ricky associated with his team.

My point exactly....this is something Ricky has always done. He has given 110% to every team he has been on and given his time and money to help the community on a continual basis. I really can't believe that some of you have such a hatred towards him....if it's that strong, you better find a new team to root for as Saban will make every effort to bring Ricky back in the fold.

dean_siu said:
My guess is that he'll be seeking out Williams before the end of the day. Saban is smart enough to know that Ricky is a franchise running back who can make this team much better right away. If he lets Ricky know that he won't be overused and abused like during the Wannstedt era, I really think we'll have a chance of having him back in 2005. That would really be the best Christmas present of all!
What is Saban going to "call" Ricky that he hasn't been called by everyone else ?
:lol:

Marino1983

Look, when Ricky was here he was a stud, nobody can deny this fact. Saban "could" give him a helmet since the sins were committed with the prior admin. They can give him all kinds of ethical clauses to sign to save face.

Honestly, I know Ricky is basically a jag off but who wouldnt love to have that guy in your backfield?

As far as the NFL they would take him back in a skinny minute because Ricky IS a superstar and most fans NFL wide would like to see him return to the game.

Do I hope he returns to the Fins? No, take your freak show to the Raiders.

from what ive heard about saban he would not want a guy that is unwilling to work. love him or hate him ricky is a quitter. coaches dont like quitters.

Ladanian Thomilson is heavily used by the Chargers and he hasnt quit. Im not positive but I think LT touched the ball alot more than Ricky did last year.

If Ricky would have retired following the season instead of quitting a week before TC it would have been a whole different story.

Agua said:
You're kidding? You think Saban would seek Ricky out?

I'm not kidding at all...if he takes the job, I hope someone asks him about it at the press conference. Maybe that will put all you doubters to rest as he tells all about his intentions to bring Ricky out of retirement.

cljh19 said:
from what ive heard about saban he would not want a guy that is unwilling to work.

Precisely why he would want him....Ricky was the hardest working guy on this team all of last year and his dedication set an example for the rest of the team to follow. That's an aspect which has sorely been lacking this season and Ricky would instantly bring it back with his return.

dean_siu said:
People like you need to get over your anger. As much as the fans hated Wannstedt, can you imagine being a player on the team or was constantly overworked and abused? Any player in Ricky's shoes would have walked as well.

As for the 60 minutes interview, I'm not sure what you find problem with there....Ricky represented himself well and spoke with class. He never once dissed the organization or any of it's personnel.

This team needs Ricky back ASAP and I can guarantee you Saban knows this. He'll make every effort to bring him back if given the opportunity to lead this team.
Ricky looked like a fool, unapologetic, expressions a 5 yr. old would make absolute craziness to even think about him coming back IMO.

My point exactly....this is something Ricky has always done. He has given 110% to every team he has been on and given his time and money to help the community on a continual basis.

Uh, I guess you're forgetting the part where Ricky is a drug addict and has mental disorders that he refuses to take his medicine or seek help for. Again, Saban will have absolutely nothing to do with someone who can't present themselves as a decent human being, regardless of their skills on the field.

Semedi said:
Uh, I guess you're forgetting the part where Ricky is a drug addict and has mental disorders that he refuses to take his medicine or seek help for. Again, Saban will have absolutely nothing to do with someone who can't present themselves as a decent human being, regardless of their skills on the field.

He is not a drug addict....he smokes some weed....so what? If this was a reason for everyone not to work, we'd have a 70% unemployment rate in this country. I'd actually be much more concerned if he was continuously popping pills instead of smoking marijuana.

Ricky is a quitter. He was more concerned about how people would view him as a pot smoker than taking reponsibility for his actions and remain on the team. Saban won't touch him with a 10' pole.

dean_siu said:
He is not a drug addict....he smokes some weed....so what? If this was a reason for everyone not to work, we'd have a 70% unemployment rate in this country. I'd actually be much more concerned if he was continuously popping pills instead of smoking marijuana.
Are you saying that this is the one reason for the failure of the American economy and why we are loosing manufacturing jobs to other countries???? :shakeno:

Let me add that I am NOT part of that 70 %...

Disnardo said:
Are you saying that this is the one reason for the failure of the Amreican economy and why we are loosing manufactureing jobs to other countries????

Thats not what he said and can we keep this Politics free? :)

Disnardo said:
Are you saying that this is the one reason for the failure of the Amreican economy and why we are loosing manufactureing jobs to other countries???? :shakeno:

Let me add that I am NOT part of that 70 %...

I'm not saying that at all....thats the fault of the Republicans. :D

Wakey said:
Thats not what he said and can we keep this Politics free? :)
Agree... but he should not make a statement when he does not have the stats...

back to the thread... Ricky is not a role model for the NFL... :D

Ricky was a hard worker but when he quit one of the reasons he quit was because he didnt want to carry the ball as much, that is a guy who isnt willing to work overtime to get the job done. Nobody would look at Ricky anymore for an example of hard work.

Back
Top Bottom