If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I believe in Adam Gase. Whoever we choose I'll believe it's his choice and will have nothing to do with politics. I know that's boring but it's how I feel. I'll take his choice over anyone who posts here. He wants to win football and will make his choice based on who gives us the best chance to win. Whether its Kap, Cutler or Moore I'll take his choice over anyone on some fan site.

I will give Gase the benefit of the doubt since he righted the ship after it started out so poorly last year, he obviously knows how to design an offense that can create big plays well, but I'm not gonna give him a blank seal of approval just yet. Honestly, unless a coach is a HOF coach, in which there are very few, NFL front offices and staff have a startling ability to mismanage the QB position. Think of how many just flat out bad QB's have started for long stretches in this league, and how many coaches and front offices were willing to keep starting those players.

Cry me a river. Kaep's protest served its purpose at the time. For all we know the 49ers were going to cut him before he pulled that bull. And without getting political, he is actually extremely ignorant and hypocritical in his views. Kaep wasn't bringing attention to a cause, he was bringing attention to himself.

THIS.

Kaep has three HUGE problems:

1. Kaep is about Kaep. Not team first. Not country first. Not even fake-concern-issues first. The real story behind his supposedly noble protest is all about HIM. When you have your key player 100 percent against subsuming his personal agend to the team's agenda, you get what happend to Kaep his whole career: after flashing on scene with a league not-yet-ready for his style of play, with top level talent all the way around on both sides of the ball, he did fairly well. Then the talent around him dropped off, but his ego had just started to take off. Then his HC left. He took more leadership. Rest is history. His leadership made each individual on the team more about the individual. Team in the toilet.
2. Kaep is a QB that the league has figured out. Period. Any team that has a real DL and cover LBs and decent DBs will feast on Kaep. Miami's bottom-dwelling D last year made Kaep look decent. But man. See the light.
3. Perhaps the biggest issue: Kaep CANNOT step in and lead a pro-style offense. He has to have the offense tailored just for him. It's laughable to think that Kaep can run the offense like RT and make the reads, calls and throws that RT can. And this for pretty much every offense in the league. He can't step in and be a backup, because he can't do what the starter does, most of the time. Plus, his ego isn't interested in anything other than starting.

Kaep comes to Miami and I'll have to take a year off of watching football. Just ain't worth it.

LD

Here's my thoughts for each premise you presented:

1. :poop

2. :poop

3. :poop

None of you guys are going to stop watching Dolphins' football. GTFO

I think you'd be surprised. ESPN banked on a similar sentiment as yours [it's doesn't matter the quality of content or crap politics we cram down throats, the rubes will watch] and have been bleeding like a stuck pig. They guessed wrong.

There are principles higher than football fan allegiance.

Plus, from a purely football point of view -- especially a purist, and not simply a blind fan, you have to admit that some things are painful to watch.

LD

None of you guys are going to stop watching Dolphins' football. GTFO

Not true. I actually stopped watching for a while in 2014 because football season just happens to be the most awesome time to enjoy the outdoors in Florida, which as a photographer I do pretty much every free daylight hour I have that time of year not taken up by football. Though I would rather my favorite team be good, it was actually quite liberating to have them be so uninteresting to watch that I felt free to enjoy other experiences in the fall for the first time this millennium. I didn't miss a game last year, which was a joy to watch, but there were a lot of camping trips cut short, paddling runs curtailed, hikes not done..........I simply won't cancel them this year to watch a Kaepernick or Cutler lead team.

I actually don't have any TV service right now, not even an antenna. I had been waiting for football season to even get one, but there's no point in the expense if I don't care to even watch the Dolphins.

I think you'd be surprised. ESPN banked on a similar sentiment as yours [it's doesn't matter the quality of content or crap politics we cram down throats, the rubes will watch] and have been bleeding like a stuck pig. They guessed wrong.

There are principles higher than football fan allegiance.

Plus, from a purely football point of view -- especially a purist, and not simply a blind fan, you have to admit that some things are painful to watch.

LD

The polls they released are a complete sham. The reason ESPN is tanking is the same reason all cable and satellite companies are; people are moving onto better and cheaper options.

Not true. I actually stopped watching for a while in 2014 because football season just happens to be the most awesome time to enjoy the outdoors in Florida, which as a photographer I do pretty much every free daylight hour I have that time of year not taken up by football. Though I would rather my favorite team be good, it was actually quite liberating to have them be so uninteresting to watch that I felt free to enjoy other experiences in the fall for the first time this millennium. I didn't miss a game last year, which was a joy to watch, but there were a lot of camping trips cut short, paddling runs curtailed, hikes not done..........I simply won't cancel them this year to watch a Kaepernick or Cutler lead team.

I actually don't have any TV service right now, not even an antenna. I had been waiting for football season to even get one, but there's no point in the expense if I don't care to even watch the Dolphins.

The only thing I have is Gamepass and that is for similar reasons you just described. My Sundays don't have to revolve around football and I can do as I please and watch any and all games through out the week and over the offseason. But I still keep up with both football and the Dolphins. I just don't rely on NFLN or SoapOperaCenter for it.

Nicely stated. You must be drinking again.

LD

If we sign Kaep I'll prove both points 2 and 3 wrong. As far as 1 goes, that's simply your erroneous, but rightful, take.

Kaep won't be able to run the full gamet of Gase's offense but to say he can't run a pro style offense is wrong.

The polls they released are a complete sham. The reason ESPN is tanking is the same reason all cable and satellite companies are; people are moving onto better and cheaper options.
I work for a cable company and business is thriving. But that's neither here nor there.

I work for a cable company and business is thriving. But that's neither here nor there.

No, it's right here via Business Insider.

screen%20shot%202013-11-18%20at%2010.49.00%20am-1.png

If we sign Kaep I'll prove both points 2 and 3 wrong. As far as 1 goes, that's simply your erroneous, but rightful, take.

Kaep won't be able to run the full gamet of Gase's offense but to say he can't run a pro style offense is wrong.

How can my take 1 be erroneous but rightful? It is right -- fully. Kaep's been covered up by a fawning media. The real man is not nice. Nor good. Nor noble. Team cancer waiting to happen.

As far as points 2 and 3 -- let's just say he can't run Gase's offense unless it's dumbed down. And man -- I've seen some of the dumbest play and poor throws from him. I laughed out loud more than once watching Kaep try to play a Pro level position. Glad you like him and all, but your judgement doesn't seem to be as keen tonight. Nor your humor. Which I totally understand. It's a dark night in Miami.

LD

Back
Top Bottom