If the Dolphins Miss Out on Wallace... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins Miss Out on Wallace...

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
First, I would absolutely love to add Wallace. He is one player that is constantly open deep and someone opposing defenses have to respect. But, the competition for Wallace will make it tough to sign him and will he go to a team that is building? For some reason, I see him going to a team like Seattle.

So plan B for me would be improving the secondary in a big way and looking to add talent at wide receiver in the draft (I'd pass on Jennings). I'd add Houston and Reed or Cox and Woodson. Adding a vet in the secondary on a short-term deal makes a lot of sense. A guy like Reed could really help the young guys develop.

My FA would look something like this.

Houston $5-6 mil
Reed $4-5 mil
Cook $5 mil

I'd bring back:

Long $8-9 mil
Fasano $3 mil

Already signed:

Moore $4
Hartline $6
Starks $8.5

That's about $45 million right there. Would like to find a way to keep Bush, but just don't see that happening.

The draft could concentrate on wide receivers, pass rushers and adding depth at linebacker, on the offensive line etc.

Draft
1. Bjoern Werner -- The combine hurt Werner a little, but that could help Miami get him. He is a relentless pass rusher and just what the team needs opposite Wake.
2. Quinton Patton -- One of my favorite players in the draft. Knows how to get open and has good hands. A little like Jennings.
2. Kyle Long --- Perfect fit at LG, quick and powerful with experience in a fast paced offense at Oregon. Incognito could move to RG.
3. Darius Slay -- Helped himself with a 4.36 at the combine. Is a playmaker.
3. Da'Rick Rogers --- Would Philibin take a chance on a guy with a drug past? Probably not, but physically he reminds me of Terrell Owens and could be a steal in the 3rd.
4. Chase Thomas --- Another player whose stock took a hit at the combine, but he's an instinctive, versatile linebacker with pass rush ability.
5. Devin Taylor -- A 6-7, 270 pass rusher with upside. Maybe a situational guy to begin with.
7. BPA
7. BPA

If you're referring to Jared Cook, that dude is not signing a $5m contract. Most of these "free agency plans" that some posters have laid out have contracts that are completely unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom