If the Raiders Beat the Dolphins Convincingly... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Raiders Beat the Dolphins Convincingly...

<O>

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
...what will it mean to you?

I'm interested in the forum's thoughts on that possibility.

To me it would mean Gase is having significant difficulty getting these players to buy in to his system.

A week ago the team was embarrassed 40-0, and Gase's response was to call out the players for not knowing their assignments, resulting in the trading of Jay Ajayi as a shot across the bow for any player who wishes to continue to "defy" the coach's expectations.

So, if the team comes out and lays an egg tonight, that'll suggest to me that the team is defying the coach's expectations on purpose, because they don't believe his system is effective. They'll be in essence firing a shot back across the bow at Gase, and it'll suggest there is indeed significant conflict between the players and Gase.

The team has to play at least a respectable, competitive game to suggest otherwise in my opinion.

I expect Miami to finish 6-10 even if they win tonight. The offense isn’t going to just start clicking now. Half the season is gone and they stink. Tannehill going down sink everything just as it will for Houston, Indy, and Green Bay.

Not sure. You can't really say the worst offense in the league is pulling a mutiny on their coaches, just because they're the worst offense.
The way I see it, we have an offense run by Cutler/Moore, 2 inconsistent QB's, with very poor protection and little help in the RB game, and a WR#1 (DVP) who's out half the year.
I can't really expect that to win many games

The vets on this team respect the coach.. thats what matters.. if the puppies want to cry they will be looking for new homes.. im okay with that

Depends on how the game shakes out and what happens. I’m expecting a loss honestly

No matter what happens tonight or the rest of the season, Gase will get his chance to right the ship in 2018.

You don't trade a probowl RB without the complete support of the owner. This is Gase's team and those who refuse to get with the program will be gone after this season.

Like him or not, Gase has managed to win with a pathetic defense (last year), a pathetic offense (this year), and 3 different QBs. No matter how disastrous 2017 is, Gase isn't going anywhere, it's the players who should be worried.

Cool with me, a high draft pick is exactly what this team needs

No matter what happens tonight or the rest of the season, Gase will get his chance to right the ship in 2018.

You don't trade a probowl RB without the complete support of the owner. This is Gase's team and those who refuse to get with the program will be gone after this season.

Like him or not, Gase has managed to win with a pathetic defense (last year), a pathetic offense (this year), and 3 different QBs. No matter how disastrous 2017 is, Gase isn't going anywhere, it's the players who should be worried.

You can certainly give Gase some credit for winning with a bad defense last season, but you CAN'T give him credit for winning with a bad OFFENSE this year, because he is supposed to be an offensive genius. Offense is supposed to be his specialty, and we are supposedly in year 2 of this amazing system.

He has no one to blame but himself, since it was his system last season that put us at 1-4 before he abandoned his pass happy nonsense in favor of riding Ajayi. This year, he decided he'd rather trade Jay than go back to a run first, smash-mouth style that is the opposite of what he wants or intended when he came here.

I thought that he learned his lesson after last season, which was that stubborn adherence to any system is a death sentence for coaches (see Chip Kelly or Josh McDaniels coaching stints as prime but most definitely not unique examples), but he has decided to double down at the expense of our current offensive personnel.

This will end very badly for all involved. It continues tonight. Hang on to something, this is going to be BAD.

I don't put a lot of weight into the record at this point of the season. I would rather look at performance and whether the players are playing to their ability.

My biggest question is why in the $^%& does Gase have to send a message two season in a row? Last season was jettisoning OL that were trash and this year it was letting Ajayi go for a draft pick. Either the lesson from last year (that turned their season around) didn't stick or there are attitude problems that need to be taken care of. If the veterans and captains of this team can't rein in the problem children, there are bigger problems than we know about.

I think it comes down to this team not being as far along as we had hoped. The offensive line is the worst in football IMO. Everything starts there and it doesn't matter how creative you are as an offensive coordinator if you can't block the other team.

The front office and/or Gase didn't anticipate this need well enough. Perhaps they thought Pouncey would come back stronger and that patching together guards would work. I'm sure they didn't expect Tunsil to struggle at his natural left tackle position.

Obviously, the team had to concentrate on the defense.

Honestly, I just think we need to be a bit patient unfortunately. Use the offseason to concentrate on the offense much like the front office put resources into the defense last offseason.

Back
Top Bottom