If they knew tannehill would be this good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If they knew tannehill would be this good

CorduroyG

Rookie
Reaction score
And the team this competitive (4-4 with three 3 point losses), would they still make the marshall trade? I dont see how they could.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. It wasn't about talent. It was about team chemistry, it was about locker room chemistry, it was about Philbin establishing himself as leader and coach of the team without personalities trying to undermine what he was trying to do.

The real question you should ask is if Marshall had stayed would Tannehill still be this good? Marshall would have been telling Tannehill to get him the ball, the rest of the passing offense would have suffered and the way Marshall was throwing everyone under the bus you have to wonder if players would have bought into Philbin's philosophy as early as they did. You can even argue that Tannehill would have thrown more INTs since Marshall would free lance on his routes at times.

tannehill would be this good

Whoa, you better watch it. Some on this board have already decided after eight career games the kid isn't the answer and have given up on the season. Because, you know, we've had so many better QBs the last ten years.

a vet wideout in the ear of a rookie asking for the ball every play could hinder the development of a young QB. I think part of the reason he and Miami have been successful is b/c they got rid of Marshall. I think the trade has worked out for both teams so far.

Enough about Brandon MEshall. He woud have been a headache here and would have hampered Tannehills growth.

If T-Hill was this good would the Dolphins been aggressive in upgrading the WR talent?

Some people just never let go. I'm glad he's gone regarless of what his stats are with Chicago....I'm glad Davis is gone too and Chad as well. Let Philbin do his thing and see what happens.

Ozzy rules!!

The guy is a wife-beating loser. Sure he puts up awesome stats on my fantasy team, but as a fan, I hated him more than any other Dolphin of the past 10 years.

I'm just disappointed with how Ireland handled the receiving talent after Marshall's departure. Ireland continues to overvalue and force the issue of his bad talent acquisition, i.e. Roberto Wallace, Julius Pruitt, Marlon Moore. These players were wasted resources and time that a better G.M. would have know immediately. Bess and Hartline are decent players, but could easily my upgraded, however Ireland is bound to rest on his laurels and entrench those guys as starters for years to come.

Yes. It wasn't about talent. It was about team chemistry, it was about locker room chemistry, it was about Philbin establishing himself as leader and coach of the team without personalities trying to undermine what he was trying to do.

The real question you should ask is if Marshall had stayed would Tannehill still be this good? Marshall would have been telling Tannehill to get him the ball, the rest of the passing offense would have suffered and the way Marshall was throwing everyone under the bus you have to wonder if players would have bought into Philbin's philosophy as early as they did. You can even argue that Tannehill would have thrown more INTs since Marshall would free lance on his routes at times.

I was gonna give my opinion but this post sums it up perfectly.

Yup he wasnt sold due to his talent levels. He isnt the sort of player Philbin wants in his team.

Wasn't it like a day or two after he got arrested that they made the trade? I think chances are that had to be a huge factor. Maybe they happened to be working on a deal before that and he just happened to get arrested who knows. The odds that the guy gets arrested the same week are pretty darn low but then again it's Marshall we are talking about, he gets arrested pretty often. Maybe the Bears were about to pay a boatload of picks for him and got a bargain by an unfortunately timed arrest.

Yeahn

Philbin didn' want him.

Exactly, there is a certain type of player they are looking for, and a type they want no part of. Marshall is the furthest from having the team 1st mentality they are looking for, so there was no way he would have worked out in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom