If we can't beat "elite" teams who can we beat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we can't beat "elite" teams who can we beat?

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
I see people post excuses as to why we lost the 1st 2 games, saying things like " what'd you expect those 1st 2 teams are elite teams" or "playoff team". Sorry but if we can't beat teams like that what hope do we have as dolfans? If we're supposed to be a superbowl contending team we SHOULD be able to beat those considered "elite/playoff" teams. I really don't understand that excuse 1 bit. After watching the past 2 games and if we lose to the Browns (which i have a bad feeling will happen) tomorrow get ready for a long season...

isnt it the other way around? If we cant beat poor teams, then we are screwed. But we just lost to two elite teams that many teams lose to...I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's the other way around, man..

How so? If you dont expect to beat an "elite/playoff" how do you expect to win a superbowl?
Or a playoff game for that matter.

Houston isnt elite. They have yet to qualify for the playoffs in their existence, including 1 winning season and a 6-10 record last year. We lost a home game to a team we should've beaten. What an embarrassment.

Houston isnt elite. They have yet to qualify for the playoffs in their existence, including 1 winning season and a 6-10 record last year. We lost a home game to a team we should've beaten. What an embarrassment.

Thats what alot of people are saying "elite/playoff" team, and yes i agree they're not elite and we should've beaten them.

I see people post excuses as to why we lost the 1st 2 games, saying things like " what'd you expect those 1st 2 teams are elite teams" or "playoff team". Sorry but if we can't beat teams like that what hope do we have as dolfans? If we're supposed to be a superbowl contending team we SHOULD be able to beat those considered "elite/playoff" teams. I really don't understand that excuse 1 bit. After watching the past 2 games and if we lose to the Browns (which i have a bad feeling will happen) tomorrow get ready for a long season...
And both games were at home, did I mention this crew is 1-11 at home the last 12 games?.

I think some of you are a lil off the mark with Houston.They have A better QB, they have one of if not the best WR's in the game and same go's for their running back.

Also we have never beaten them.So to think we would of this year is wack, same go's for people thinking we should of beat the Pats..............did you all sleep last year and make like they didn't beat us silly.I mean come on, odds are we were going to start the year 0-2.

Can we beat the Browns, sure.Will we.........who knows, but i wouldn't lay money down on it, and most of you wouldn't either.

I am sick of this excuse as well. Here we are in the fourth year of this rebuilding thing and we should be able to beat those teams. I mean seriously, when do some of these people think we will be good enough? I guess in 10 years maybe Sparano and company might figure out how to beat the pats, or even the texans.

Easy, we don't expect us to win a Super Bowl. We just don't stack up against the best. We have the ability to hang with them before they blow us out of the water. There was a lot of talk before hand about where we would be after week 4. Most of us realistically saw the 'Phins at 0-2, and then maybe 1-1 in weeks 3 and 4. I just don't know where you came up with "supposed to be Super Bowl contenders" when the consensus was 6 to 9 wins this season. If you were talking in general then I see what you mean and we SHOULD be able to handle elite teams. This season as of week 2 we don't have what it takes to play with the best.

Here's a hint: everyone loses to elite teams, even good, great, and other elites.

We competed throughly in those two games, and if a few breaks go our way, we win either game. If we had been rolled like KC or Indy I would get the criticism, but so far... I'm dissapointed, but not worried. Not a lot, anyway.

No it doesn't bother me. I don't consider the Dolphins elite or superbowl contenders this year.

I remember back in the late 90s we would beat the elite teams and then lose to the sorry teams. So it can go either way. Bottom line is every game must be treated equally no matter the opponent.

if we had all the pieces in place and proved we can play with the best I would agree. the fact is we are not on the level of many good teams. That is why we should lose. I still have hopes we can win enough games and move into the higher echelon of teams with time, patience and gelling. If we can hold or play .500 and come November we step it up, we can still be a play-off team.

We competed throughly in those two games, and if a few breaks go our way, we win either game.

No. Just no. Exactly what "break" would have given us either game? We were never anywhere near the drivers seat for either. That was obvious.

Back
Top Bottom