If we cut Mare next season . . . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we cut Mare next season . . .

Phinsome

Phinfan since 1982
Reaction score
. . . lets just say, because he is too expensive, what kind of cap hit would we take?

Also: Where is the best place to get the salary cap rules? Thanks

Kickers dont make enough to concern cap hits. I think Mare makes about $1m, which is only a few hundred K above league minimum.

phins4gish said:
Kickers dont make enough to concern cap hits. I think Mare makes about $1m, which is only a few hundred K above league minimum.
I thought he made at least 2 mil a year.

there is a link on this site for all saleries and Mare is listed at $2.3 mill. He is way overpriced and hasn't been worth that cost in years.

As long as we can find a suitable replacement, he is as good as G-O-N-E ....

He just has not performed since SABAN has been here --- and his touchback abililty isn't enough to keep him here.

Mare

Not sure on dumping him. He's usally reliable and his kick-offs are almost always deep.

he seems to be chocking alot this year if it continues dump him and draft like new england did with viniteri replacing him with gradowski who isnt that bad and was taken in fourth round

TampaFinFan said:
Not sure on dumping him. He's usally reliable and his kick-offs are almost always deep.

yeah thats exactly why i would keep him...id still take him over an abundance of kickers in the NFL today

Mare has been missing inportant field goals b4 Saban got here remember da field goal against da Pariots da years b4 saban got here since den Mare has been garbage

Releasing Mare is basically cap neutral.......I do not have the numbers with me and won't be able to post them until I get power back at home

I thought he made 1.4 mill? If there were any savings to be had by releasing him, I would do it. That was the first thing that Jimmy Johnson did if you all remember back in the day. He cut Stoyanovich and saved the team some $ against the cap. We picked up Joe Nedney, I believe, and he did fine at a much reduced price. I think it may be time to let Mare play the market.

I like Mare, but he makes too much money. I would not be opposed to looking for someone cheaper

Back
Top Bottom