If we finish 8-8... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we finish 8-8...

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Which seems where the roller coaster will end, and end up picking #16 or so McGlinchey and possible Nelson will be gone and I just don't see us taking OL anymore. QB, RB, WR are not 1st round needs either, specially if we're locking juice up. Mark Andrews is pretty good at TE but not top #16 good.

Turning our attention to the defense, DE is an obvious need but I'm not sure about the 1st round prospects after Chubb and he will too likely be gone. Landry is another Harris and I think we need someone larger and who can make more of an impact on running downs behind Wake. A Hayes replacement. I don't feel good about Key transitioning from standing up, his shoulder injury, quitting football, IDK. It comes down to Clelin Ferrel if he's even there.

Malik Jefferson and Roquon Smith are both about as good as each other and they both rank around where we're picking. Even if Jefferson is gone (possible) Smith is almost sure to be there when we pick. I like him better than the DE alternatives at #16.

I'm smelling OLB this draft. Smith- McMillan- Alonso? (for one year, I want Alonso gone).

I think if Miami eventually picks between 14 - 16. It may come down to the best LB prospect left on the board, any of the remaining DL from Clemson, and that includes Wilkins, as well as, some of the DB’s who will be there. I say DB, because at that range there will be some top CB prospects still available, who are better than some of the DB’s currently on Miami’s roster. I also wouldn’t discount the possibility that a TE or RB could be the choice although it may be unlikely.

In a way, I think picking in the middle of the round puts the team in the best position to get what they need. That's a good spot for one of the linebackers you mention. I agree Nelson will probably be gone. I keep seeing him mocked in the top 10.

If they end up in the 12-18 range, I would rather see them trade down and pick up an additional pick or player. No one that is projected in that range really moves the needle for me and they don't scream immediate impact player. This year's draft seem weaker than the ones from the past few years so there is more of a need for doing the homework and finding the players that will not only fill a need but also fit the scheme. We don't have the luxury of stashing players on the roster in hopes that they will figure things out in a year or two. We have seen what Parker has done to this team with that wasted pick and his inability to figure things out.

Love when this franchise picks in that range. I'm hoping for another Jason Allen or Devante Parker type value with that middle of the first pick.

Love when this franchise picks in that range. I'm hoping for another Jason Allen or Devante Parker type value with that middle of the first pick.

We're going to make somebody a multimillionaire whether he deserves it or not.

Every year it's a blend of benevolence and motion sickness.

Back
Top Bottom