IF we go WR in Rd 1.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we go WR in Rd 1....

Nick13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
if we go wideout in round one with either Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson, do you think that picking up Darryl Tapp in the mid 4th and converting him to LB might be a plausible option? i read his scouting report on CNNSI.com and it pretty much states that his biggest weakness is that he is undersized, which he isnt at all to play OLB. i think he would be a great value pick in the 4th round.

(but i really want to see Manny Lawson in the first)

Nick13 said:
if we go wideout in round one with either Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson, do you think that picking up Darryl Tapp in the mid 4th and converting him to LB might be a plausible option? i read his scouting report on CNNSI.com and it pretty much states that his biggest weakness is that he is undersized, which he isnt at all to play OLB. i think he would be a great value pick in the 4th round.

(but i really want to see Manny Lawson in the first)

Tapp will be gone before our 3rd round pick, let alone our 4th.

I'd love to have him though...

General Tso said:
Tapp will be gone before our 3rd round pick, let alone our 4th.

I'd love to have him though...

if he was he'd be a reach. he has been projected as a 4th round pick in a draft deep at the OLB position.

Nick13 said:
if he was he'd be a reach. he has been projected as a 4th round pick in a draft deep at the OLB position.

Projected as a 4th round pick by who?

Scouts Inc gave him a grade of 89, which on their scale is a late first to early second round pick. Most of the mocks I've seen (e.g. GBN, Wright, McShay) have him going in the 2nd round.

If we get him in the 4th round then I'll be extremely happy... but it isn't going to happen.

Dredd1050 said:
Better stock up on your Kleenex.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: I hope he does cry... can you imagine the options S. Holmes would give us on offense

General Tso said:
Projected as a 4th round pick by who?

Scouts Inc gave him a grade of 89, which on their scale is a late first to early second round pick. Most of the mocks I've seen (e.g. GBN, Wright, McShay) have him going in the 2nd round.

If we get him in the 4th round then I'll be extremely happy... but it isn't going to happen.

he was projected there by CNNSI, you can look on their website. its an EXTREMELY deep OLB draft especially because of all the tweeners such as Manny Lawson, i dont think it would be unrealistic to grab him in the 4th.

yea but right now id rather us get manny lawson, but i wouldnt be too mad with holmes or jackson

i would be mad if we did go cb first round, only way id like us to go cb is if we trade down and still get hill or cromatie or h.e u spell his name

finsfan_84 said:
yea but right now id rather us get manny lawson, but i wouldnt be too mad with holmes or jackson

i would be mad if we did go cb first round, only way id like us to go cb is if we trade down and still get hill or cromatie or h.e u spell his name

yeah, i want Lawson too. but i dont know if Saban see's him as worthy of the 16th pick. i just really hope we dont go offense in the first round. we absolutely HAVE to get younger on defense and soon.

Back
Top Bottom