IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

• Total voters

MartinTheSNAKE

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Just curious what the consensus of the board feels. IMO i consider this season a success whether we make the playoffs or not. Assuming we at least go 8-8.

There has been a lot of positives to look forward to from this season. We have a lot of young talent who are coming into their own and have become solid players. We have a top 5-8 defense in the league, with an offense that is coming together and a QB who looks to have a very bright future. O-Line is coming together with a few changes and should be much improved going into next season.

We seem to have a pretty solid coaching staff. A GM who is a jerk, but pretty decent at his job, and an Owner willing to spend money.

We should easily have 2 more wins this season... We should have never have lost to Carolina or the Bills. You can also add the Ravens to that list along with the Patriots with help of the refs.

We have only had 1 really bad loss this whole season and that was against New Orleans in one of the hardest stadiums to be a visiting team in the league.

I am optimistic about this team moving forward and i cant wait to see how some more of our young guys develop and see how we improved through FA and the draft.

i would consider it a failure.

we started off 3-0. lost to teams that we r better than, such as the bills with thad lewis starting and the ravens who have not been able to do anything consistently on offense, both at home, lost to the winless bucs at the time, etc.

we started off 3-0 as well. we should have a strong grasp on the 6th seed at minimum , or vying for an afc east title with a chance at a 1st round bye.

the afc is pretty weak this year. we blew some great opportunities.

hopefully in the end we get into the postseason, but if we dont, yes id consider it a failure, considering this team has talent and the afc is not even so good this year.

it would be a season of what could have been...but so much reason for optimism going forward with this qb leading the way...

would be great to play in a week where 3/4 of the league is gone fishing though...and give the qb some valuable playoff experience

playoffs or not, 9-7 is my definition of a successful season for year two of this regime.

I think we're gonna be in the post season this year.

So ... Yep, success. :up:

Absolutely! That was the expectation before the season started. We started 3-0. If we miss the playoffs it will be yet another failure.

Man we have a bunch of dopey fans. 50% are happy even if we miss the playoffs. Playoffs or not there need to be changes.

Man we have a bunch of dopey fans. 50% are happy even if we miss the playoffs. Playoffs or not there need to be changes.

It's the suckiness that they fell in love with when they started following the team. It just wouldn't be the Dolphins if they made the playoffs.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

It's the suckiness that they fell in love with when they started following the team. It just wouldn't be the Dolphins if they made the playoffs.

Well my explanation is not up there so I would say this season would be a failure because we have blown large leads against NE/Carolina and lost to a 3rd string quarterback and a winless team. I am not really concerned with the Saints loss or Ravens loss and I understand this is a young team but even going 1-3 or 2-2 in those games would have made a HUGE difference. Buffalo and Tampa were games that they absolutely should have won. To me that makes it disappointing and a failure if we do not make the playoffs since the opportunity to do so was pretty easy given all the injuries the pats have endured and a majority of the afc looking average. With all that said, I am very happy with the direction this team is headed with the development of Tanney, Clay stepping up, Brent Grimes and the defense looking good.

Depends on how we miss out. If we win out and still don't make it, the season wouldn't be a failure for me. If we.lose out then yes, the season is a failure.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

In my book any season you don't make the playoffs is a failure. We had a great chance to be 9 and 4 at this point(how do you lose to the bills at home with 2 weeks to get ready and to tampa with 10 days?) To the people that say there's reason to be optimistic, I see us blowing games we "should" have won and we've been doing that for years. Untill we start winning those games in a consisten basis we're still the same old Dolphins. We have to make the playoffs.

Ozzy rules!!

please explain, your highness.

Because we are 6 years into a rebuild and will have missed the playoff for the last 5 of them. Our last draft was awful, our last FA class was awful. Being OK with that is dopey. Apparently a lot of you are.

I said it at the beginning of the year, no playoffs would be a failure. There is nothing to prevent this team from doing so. If we fail to make it to the postseason, it is on the management, coaches and players, no excuses.

Back
Top Bottom