IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

• Total voters
Because we are 6 years into a rebuild and will have missed the playoff for the last 5 of them. Our last draft was awful, our last FA class was awful. Being OK with that is dopey. Apparently a lot of you are.

We have a new coaching regime, so no i would not classify us as being 6 years into a rebuild. We can argue wether or not last draft/FA class is awful or not, but I THINK we are heading in the right direction. No, Im not happy with being a mediocre team year in and year out, but Im willing to give Philbin & Co. 3 years to see what they do.

We have a new coaching regime, so no i would not classify us as being 6 years into a rebuild. We can argue wether or not last draft/FA class is awful or not, but I THINK we are heading in the right direction. No, Im not happy with being a mediocre team year in and year out, but Im willing to give Philbin & Co. 3 years to see what they do.

You can argue all you want, it was a bad draft along with million wasted in FA. I'm fine with giving Philbin another year but Ireland has been given more than enough time and has proven his incompetence.

fair enough. I dont agree about the draft or FA, but I do about Ireland.

Yes. I like that our QB is developing, but we would still have squandered a great opportunity. And it will also mean that we will have stumbled down the stretch against our division foes.

it will be a bittersweet type of feeling
i would lean more towards the season being a meltdown
but our perseverance this season leaves alot of hope for us going into 2014
almost feel like we would be considered division favorites next season
we are playing with our backs against the wall and the wall is not holding us back

i really like the direction of the team all around and missing the playoffs would not be acceptable but i wont quit being a fan or anything like some of you fans seem to do
its ride or die but i would say given the circumstances overall a missed playoffs wouldnt be as hurtful under normal conditions...if that makes any sense

Playoffs or failure. The point of a professional league is to win and do it consistantly. This isn't elementary school where everyone get's a trophy.

We've sucked the majority of the last 15 years. If the team can't change the mentality that losing is acceptable and mediocrity is good enough, we'll be in the exact same place 5-10 years from now. In my mind Ireland has to go if we don't make the playoffs. Six years is too long to develop just a 8-9 win team. I'd be OK with Philbin getting another year if we at least finish strong.

I'd say it would be a failure. Now, I know the discussion, bringing in new players, they have to know our plays and gel with other players, become a melded squad. But I look back at the games mentioned earlier on here. Tampa, Buffalo, Carolina. Those losses were unexcusable. Losing the second half of games like we did just seemed like rolling over to me. I mean how long was it til we finally got a 4th qtr td?

By the numbers if we go 7-9 fail, 8-8 we are average, and 9-7 and up, successful to some degree. No playoofs is a fail..to me.

whats funny to me people think that those who vote that it would be successful if dont win the playoffs are saying mediocrity is ok. No..thats not it. It's that we understand the building process with a new coach. There's growing pains. I understand we've had growing pains for 15+ years, but when a new coach enters in a new system, thats going to be 3 years of more growing pains.

whats funny to me people think that those who vote that it would be successful if dont win the playoffs are saying mediocrity is ok. No..thats not it. It's that we understand the building process with a new coach. There's growing pains. I understand we've had growing pains for 15+ years, but when a new coach enters in a new system, thats going to be 3 years of more growing pains.
... And that last sentence is where you lose credibility. Where were all of Jim Harbaugh's growing pains? Did it take 3 years for Belichick to win with NE? John Gruden with the Bucs? Etc.

... And that last sentence is where you lose credibility. Where were all of Jim Harbaugh's growing pains? Did it take 3 years for Belichick to win with NE? John Gruden with the Bucs? Etc.

Figured someone would chime in with something like this or mention KC this year. There are exceptions to the rule. But that doesn make it a standard.

Figured someone would chime in with something like this or mention KC this year. There are exceptions to the rule. But that doesn make it a standard.

There's no "rule", and i'd consider it more than just an "exception" when it's happened so many times in the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom