If we only would of drafted QB Matt Ryan, instead of Jake Long! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we only would of drafted QB Matt Ryan, instead of Jake Long!

Cauby

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Jake Long is OK, but I think we would have a better team, if we drafted Matt Ryan. We could of got a good tackle, later in the rounds, in that draft. A good quarterback, you should never pass up on. They come around once every 10 years. Now Miami is haunted and they will be for a while. I cringe when I think about it. It hurts.

Jake Long is OK, but I think we would have a better team, if we drafted Matt Ryan. We could of got a good tackle, later in the rounds, in that draft. A good quarterback, you should never pass up on. They come around once every 10 years. Now Miami is haunted and they will be for a while. I cringe when I think about it. It hurts.

You going to bring up the color of his skin too? Troll!!!

Jake Long is one of the top three offensive lineman in the NFL. We're lucky to have him.

It's not Henne's fault...it's the coaching that has made him this way.

Don't get baited by this troll...check out his other posts.

Jake Long is one of the top three offensive lineman in the NFL. We're lucky to have him.

Yep a man is NEVER accountable for his own actions... blame everyone else and make excuses.

Yep. Same coaching that Chad Pennington finished 2nd in the MVP voting with just 2 seasons ago. All coaching. All of it.

Hennings system is all at fault. Same system that Pennington took to the playoffs several times in NY with a rag tag group of receivers and a strong running game. All coaching. Thats the whole problem. Not Sparano though. Just Henning.

Yep. Same coaching that Chad Pennington finished 2nd in the MVP voting with just 2 seasons ago. All coaching. All of it.

Hennings system is all at fault. Same system that Pennington took to the playoffs several times in NY with a rag tag group of receivers and a strong running game. All coaching. Thats the whole problem. Not Sparano though. Just Henning.

Out of curiosity... What is your stance on Pennington's start last season?

Who? The way i recall it, a run on tackles happened after Clady and there was no one worth a damn when we picked again at 32.

Last season, Matt Ryan's second season starting, he had a interception streak of 6 games straight. In that time, he threw for 11 td's and 11 picks. Hmm, sounds familiar doesn't it?

Who? The way i recall it, a run on tackles happened after Clady and there was no one worth a damn when we picked again at 32.

Last season, Matt Ryan's second season starting, he had a interception streak of 6 games straight. In that time, he threw for 11 td's and 11 picks. Hmm, sounds familiar doesn't it?

Not possible... Is it?

No. Chad Henne couldnt throw 11 TDs in 6 games in the UFL.

Problem is that while Pennington did reach the postseason a few times (including in 2008 with the Dolphins) there were quickly bounced out of the playoffs each of those times. I'm no Henning basher, but I do believe that a more progressive offensive scheme would help.

That said, Henning has nothing do with our defensive and special teams deficiencies, and Henne has not yet played the kind of football that would make one believe he'd truly excel in a more wide open offense.

Back
Top Bottom